Weight lifters

Bit annoyed as I had to miss yesterday so I'm a day behibg schedule, but I can happily say (without sounding vein) that my arms look amazing! I was doing overhead cable curls this morning stood facing they mirror and they looked so muscly and defined! I actually have a bicep popping out as opposed to a wobbly arm haha.

But I need serious diet help. As I've got a lot of body fat to get rid of everywhere else but I know I'm eating the wrong things.

Hey guys! How is everyone doing? I took 2 days off because I had food poisoning and because my daughter was cranky one day so I had to be with her during the day. I also am working full time at night so can't get to the gym at night like I used to.

As for diet, cut out all the junk. No more candy, chips, chocolate, etc. Have it in moderation. On days I workout I have 2000 calories. On days I don't workout I have 1700 calories and I limit my carbs to 170g on non workout days and 200g on workout days. Protein is 120-150g depending on the day. :)

Hi everyone!

Done my PB squat today 40lbs yay!

Also, my ankles are killing when I run, do you think it could be bad footwear?

Well done :), it could be but I don't run so I'm not sure.

I'm up to 50kg (110lbs)! Started on 15kg so I'm pleased with that :).

Unfortunately my diets gone to pot since my birthday though :(

Just reading back.... We don't have a squat rack at the gym so I use the smith machine :blush:

Well done :), it could be but I don't run so I'm not sure.

I'm up to 50kg (110lbs)! Started on 15kg so I'm pleased with that :).

Unfortunately my diets gone to pot since my birthday though :(

Wow 110lbs that's fantastic!!

My mum just went to Cornwall in UK and they sell amazing cheese and its sitting downstairs in the fridge argh!

I'm hugely debating though wether to stick at this or switch to strong lifts. I just love squatting and don't do it enough on this program. X

Are strong lifts dead lifts?

I love squatting and even more so now I'm seeing results :)

I really like training my legs and also my shoulders, I'd say they are 2 my faves

What programme are u doing Beth?

No its a different program. Stronglifts 5x5. I'm doing livefit atm. In week 7 x

Ah I see! I don't actually follow a set programme as due to work I can't always get down when I want to :(

I want to lift as heavy as possible tho as I want to build muscle

Ah I see! I don't actually follow a set programme as due to work I can't always get down when I want to :(

I want to lift as heavy as possible tho as I want to build muscle

Well with strong lifts you only do it 3 times a week for about 45 minutes. Every time you go the idea is to add 5lbs x

I was doing livefit but since im working fulltime I can't do it anymore. She wants us to exercise 6 days a week, but thats not doable for me. So I changed it to my own thing. I'm going to do it 3 days a week lifting heavy but all over moves rather than isolation and 30 minutes cardio 4 times a week.

Have a Google of Tentigers Full Body routine. That's a good one too. It's based on 3x per week. There are 2 workouts (A and B).
You do ABA one week and BAB the next.
xx

And now I have another injury! I think I bruised my knuckle somehow yesterday and can hardly move it so no lifting for a while for me :( so guess I will just be sticking to cardio for a bit!!!

Thanks everyone :)

Ooo Megan that sounds painful!! Have you put some ice on it?

We now have Tabata at my gym and I done it today after my session and it was hardcore I loved it!

Random question..

What sports bras do you wear?

The ones I have are good but they have an actual bra clip at the back and it hurts my back sometimes it's just not very comfy.

I like ones with some padding in the front as my nipples always stick out :rofl:

I got one from sports direct. Possibly a Nike one. It does have a clip at the back but it doesn't fully ping open when that's undone as the materials attached all the way around for additional support. Its not remotely unconfortable. But I have the smallest boobs so don't need too much support. And yeah, my nipples always stick out too lol xx

Just wondering, those of you who squat. What stance do you use? I currently do them wide legged. But not sure if I should also be doing them shoulder width/narrow? Reading about it it says that lifters tend to use wide legged as they can squat higher weights and it works the glutes but also hips more. But narrow/shoulder hits the quads better...

I do wide legged stance and my knuckles getting better with rest, no ice because it didn't swell up. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->