Weight loss

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
So. I don't expect to get much in the way of sympathy to this thread, I can't get anyone in the medical profession to take me seriously and I know that for a lot of you losing weight after you have your little ones is really difficult. However, I have the opposite problem. I can't stop losing weight and it's starting to bother (translation "worry") me.

I was 9 3/4 stone before I got PG and was really happy with my figure. I was a curvy size 10. I don't have a set of scales at home because I've never been that bothered with weighing myself. I seemed to lose weight really quickly after having the twins and found myself back in my pre-pregnancy clothes within a couple of weeks. The trouble is, that dramatic weight loss doesn't seem to be stopping.

I weighed myself 4 weeks ago at the docs and I was 9st 4. Half a stone lighter than I was before I was PG. I was at the docs again today and weighed myself again and I'm now 8st 11 (same set of scales). That's half a stone in 4 weeks! :shock: I feel too thin, gaunt really. I'm now a stone lighter than I was before I was PG. DH keeps saying "don't lose any more". My Mum gave me a bit of a hard time yesterday because she could see my ribs sticking through around the top of my chest.

I've mentioned it to the health visitor a few times (including today) and just get "lucky you" and "eat more". I don't see how I can TBH. I have breakfast cereal at 7ish. Couple of slices of toast at 10 ish, lunch, mid-afternoon snack (fruit or icecream), home cooked dinner and pudding. I eat biscuits with my drinks. I do have a higher appetite because of the BF, but I'm stuffed most of the time.

I can't find anything to help me on the web and I'm concerned that the rate of weight loss doesn't seem to be slowing down. I keep thinking about Victoria Beckham and don't want to end up like her.

Like I say, I don't expect any sympathy but I would like to be taken seriously. The docs aren't but my family and I are starting to get concerned.

Help!

Blimey Helen, that is quite a lot in a short space of time. I have to admit to having a bit of the green-eyed monster in me when I met you in Chester, as you had babies not long before, and I still had (and still do have) my baby weight.:blush:

Have you tried going to see the go instead of the hv? There probably isn't anything wrong, but he may be able to give you some sort of build-up supliment. You are, after all, feeding 2 LO's and that will help you lose weight, but you may need 'topping up' as well, just for your own health.

Agree with amanda!

Eat full fat stuff, drink full fat milk! and if it continues then go back to your GP and DEMAND that something be done!

Iunderstand your concern hun. that is a rather dramatic weight los in such a short time!

xxx

Oh I don't know Helen :( :hugs: Its stupid they have not taken you seriously esspecially as it can be as worrying as gaining fast clearly find it amusing just because you've had babies so should be chuffed?! *Madness*

If its wrrying you stick that foot down hard sometimes you have to x

Helen, Are you breast feeding (sorry if I missed anywhere saying you were) I have heard that for some women, you loose alot of weight while breast feeding. And well, if you are breast feeding Double Trouble, maybe that is what is happening......

If you are worried, I would demand some blood tests.....:hugs: Big Hugs Hun......

I can see where you're coming from it does sound strange, even when BFing :hugs: My dad lost tons of weight a year or so ago and it turned out to be something or nothing so try not to worry too much :hugs:

I would make a GP appointment and tell them you want tests doing and put your foot down.
Your HV sounds as useless as mine.

Cx

hey hun, yes im jealous... on the other hand worried about 1 of my good friends :hugs:

you definately sound like your eating well, and i know you do enjoy walking which will account to your excercise, but you are losing weight too quick and its a good thing you have noticed and want it to stop! to me it sounds like your perhaps a bit anemic? maybe mention that to the doctor when you go!

go to the doc and explain how you are feeling, and that your midwife has blatantly ignored you!my stepmum had her gall bladder removed9totally diff situation lol) and she was eating as well as she could after and had rapid weightloss, she got put on protein milkshakes

take care hun :hugs:

Helen, my sister is the same. Her daughter is 1 in December and she's 1 stone lighter than before she was pregnant (and she was only 9.5 stones then).

She's been as frustrated as you until she saw in a magazine about Kate Garraway, the presenter on GMTV, who had an over active thyroid as a result of pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding. She's been to the doctor for bloods tests and her thyroid is at the high level of normal. She's now on some tablets to help control the thyroid but the Doctor is confident it's going to "right" itself.

Weirdly enough I have the opposite, after feeling really tired and putting on weight I went to the Doc and through a routine blood test my thyroid is currently under-active (although antibody tests show that I'm "normal" so the Doctor says it's pregnancy induced).

Obviously yours might be down to other reasons but perhaps you could request a blood test if that hasn't already been done?

the doctor might put you on complan shakes or something, if you kick up a fuss. (((hugs))) Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->