Weight Watchers and Pregnancy?

LM2104

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if you can follow the weight watchers Pro Points plan whilst you're pregnant?

Im doing WW at the moment and have lost 8 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks but my OH and I are thinking about trying for #3 and I just wondered if I could carry on with WW if I did fall pregnant and how it would work?

Thanks

They don't recommend dieting when pregnant, just eating healthily. I suppose you could try it with maintenance? That way you won't be trying to lose, but shouldn't put on too much baby weight. It's only in the last 3 months you need to have extra calories per day x

^^I would suggest the same- use it more for maintenance once you do find out your prego. I think you only really need an extra 300 calories once you are prego. I would also just discuss this with your OB when you see them... it can depend on how much weight you are trying to lose and how much is Ok to gain during pregnancy for your height/weight. I was losing weight before I found out I was prego- then tried to maintain during... although much easier said than done ;) hehe. I just stopped "dieting" and continued my workouts and tried to eat healthier.

My doctor gave me the ok to keep going while I'm pregnant, I read you don't need any extra calories for first trimester so I should only need to add points for second and third to make sure baby is getting enough.
I'm eating healthy without overeating (I'm not actually eating for 2) and if I get hungry then I snack on fruit or veggies. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->