Weightwatchers or slimming world?

Floralaura

Reaction score
Which would people say is the best? Easy to follow/understand/stick too? I seem to not be losing weight now and think that maybe joining a group may help push me along..I dont know which of the two to go to though. My inital prefereance is to go to Slimming world as its at 9.30am (meaning I can go before eating :blush:) whereas WW is at 6pm (so will have eaten etc.) I have never been to a group like these so I am already scared about going, so want to pick the right one lol

You will get very mixed responses on here as there are lots of people following both plans! I think it also depends on how you eat (as in portion control or general bad food). I have done both plans so will give you my opinons on both.

I got to goal years ago on Weight Watchers then it went back on as I stopped going to meeting and met my now husband. I went back last Jan but my heart wasn't in it so I only half followed the plan. In October last year I joined Slimming World for a change.

With Slimming World you can eat plenty of free foods (things like pasta, certain meats, veg, fruit etc) and there isn't a limit on how much you eat of these foods (you have to listen to your body and when you are full). If portion control isn't an issue for you it can work very well if you have time to cook. My problem is that I don't really have time to cook all my meals from scratch and treats such as chocolate bars were high in 'syns' (you get a certain number of syns to use if you want on sauces, higher fat food etc). I did lose weigh on the plan but I eat out quite a lot so it was hard to fit in with my life.

I joined back at Weight Watchers in March time to try the new Pro Points plan. With Weight Watchers you get a certain number of daily points and 49 weekly points. Every food has a points value based on carbs, protien, fibre and fat and it is up to you how you spend your points! I use my daily points for my 3 meals a day and my weekly points on chocolate, extra yoghurts, meals out etc. There is potential to get fed up counting points and weighing things with the plan which can be a downside. I've lost 35lb on Weight Watchers and do not feel like I'm on a diet!

Don't be scared about going to meetings with either - I've found both meetings to be very friendly!

I go to weightwatchers, im really enjoying it, iv managed to loose weight and still have a chinese every week!
My meeting is at 7pm, i have tea after - something super fattening! But it doesnt matter what time of the day you get weighed as long as its always the same time IYKWIM? So even if you go every week after eating, your always be going after eating so it wont make loads of difference. Best if you wait till after tho then reward yourself :haha:
Iv never done slimming world but i CBA to count every single calorie :shrug: x.

Thanks for the replies..from what you have said I think WW may be best for me. I dont cook from scratch (Baddd Mummy lol), we eat out a bit, I like a treat every now and again and I think if I had 'free' foods especially pasta and carby things then I would stuff my face haha..I am a obsessive weigher :blush: and do it ever morning when I wake and ever night before bed and I can weigh up to 4lbs more by night, thus me not wanting to be done then but like you say if I do it the same time every week then I will still get a loss..x

I joined slimming world last week and first wi last night and i lost 5lbs...i was really resistant to trying it after being a WW member in the past, i have eaten healthy food, and i am also a crap cook, i have used my syns for choccy at the weekend....im gona give it a good bash and see how i get on.xx

As the others have said you will get mixed reviews. I've done weight watchers for years whenever I needed to lose a bit of weight and got on fine with it but never stuck to it for long as cant be bothered working out all the points. Slimming world is so easy. Most healthy foods are free and you can have 8-15 syns per day so for instance ive just had bacon and tomato pasta which was syn free, breakfast was toast and marg which is 2 syns and for tea I will have meat and veg which will be around 2 syns for the marg in the mash so I still have 11 syns so I will possibly have some cake or something for desert. For my slimming world is so easy as so few things have a syn value that you can work it out as you go along where as I always had to meal plan with ww so I didnt go over. Most fruits are syn free so I will snack on those as the day goes on. Easy peasy.

Weight watchers definately, slimmers world is red and green days you got to measure everything, and watch what you buy etc, there much moreavailable with weight watchers. and quicker to lose the weight i think.

I've only done Weight Watchers and had amazing results. Once you get over the first few weeks of counting points, it really becomes second nature. The weightloss over the first few months is great. I've done it a few times over the last few years and easily lose 15-20 lbs over the initial 2-3 months. I'm rarely hungry and usually have to make myself eat more to reach my point allowance.

I've done both. I find slimming world easier as the vast majority of meat, potatoes, pasta, veg, fruit are free so you dont have to worry about portions or counting them as points. You just add on 'syns' if you have things like gravy, chocolate etc but you can have from 5-15 of those a day or have more one day and less the next, it is very flexible and forgiving (i always mess up at the weekend).

I will say though, my mates on weight watchers and it is much easier to eat out/takeaways on that plan than slimming world. It really does depend what your typical week is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->