weird things that happened to your body postpartum no one told you about

Ok-weird. My hips and wrists have just started hurting the past few days for what seems no reason at all

- No one told me that you will be the hungriest you have ever been when breastfeeding, not pregnancy. I had no appetite when I was pregnant and hardly had any room in my belly food.
- SPD pains will take months to resolve. I still have it and am worried that it might be a life long condition.

How dry your skin will be EVERYWHERE.

Maybe this is just me - but that your leg hair just stops growing, completely.

wish that happened to me iv turned into a hairy monkey all over my body :( constantly shaving.

dry skin and hair is just starting to fall out now.
also dark nipples stay for ages and the vagina swelling has only just gone down.

A lot of the things other ladies have mentioned, plus how bad my joints (knees and hips mostly) still ache! I just want to be able to take a walk or squat to pick things up again.

wish that happened to me iv turned into a hairy monkey all over my body :( constantly shaving.

dry skin and hair is just starting to fall out now.
also dark nipples stay for ages and the vagina swelling has only just gone down.

How weird! During prefnancy I got really hairy, especially on my belly and it was dark hair too. Now it's falling out and turning light again.

I thought i'd be feeling completly back to my old self now! I didn't tear but sex still hurts.
I wish someone told me breastfeeding ruins your sex drive.

That my bits would feel like they were falling out for months after birth, that bleeding for 9 weeks after is normal, that my boobs would leak so much I'd have to change my top 3 times a day, that my vagina would suck in air really easily,that the scar from my tear would still give me problems occasionally even now and despite having a 8 1/2lb baby come out of me having a speculum put it would still hurt (WTF!?) :roll: Oh the joys of motherhood...

I thought i'd be feeling completly back to my old self now! I didn't tear but sex still hurts.
I wish someone told me breastfeeding ruins your sex drive.

lol i breast feed and im sooooooo horny lol:blush:

That even after you have the baby you are still get tired very easily from just walking. (And it's not from caring for a baby.)

Mostly what was already mentioned... That I wouldn't be able to stand up and walk without needing to bend over (stomach muscles split so far, no bump to hold me up!) for the first two weeks, I'd need to use a water bottle to "wipe", the air entering vagina...

The part that broke my heart/I was in no way prepared for:

I was brave (or stupid) enough to look in a handheld mirror to see how everything healed up yesterday... NOBODY told me that labia can change shape! I don't recognize my vulva at all. :( I feel so embarrassed and ugly down there, I won't ever let OH see my bits again :haha: Hopefully I will come to terms with the new arrangement and will see it as normal in time... But right now I want to cry just thinking about it. Gah!!

Mostly what was already mentioned... That I wouldn't be able to stand up and walk without needing to bend over (stomach muscles split so far, no bump to hold me up!) for the first two weeks, I'd need to use a water bottle to "wipe", the air entering vagina...

The part that broke my heart/I was in no way prepared for:

I was brave (or stupid) enough to look in a handheld mirror to see how everything healed up yesterday... NOBODY told me that labia can change shape! I don't recognize my vulva at all. :( I feel so embarrassed and ugly down there, I won't ever let OH see my bits again :haha: Hopefully I will come to terms with the new arrangement and will see it as normal in time... But right now I want to cry just thinking about it. Gah!!

i felt the same honestly you will be fine soon, it takes a while for swelling etc to heal but once it has it dont look overly different

That my joints and bones would ache so much that I would rather have labor pain. I can barely sleep and it hurts to hold her. I went to the chiropractor and apparently my pelvis is very tight and twisted.

That my joints and bones would ache so much that I would rather have labor pain. I can barely sleep and it hurts to hold her. I went to the chiropractor and apparently my pelvis is very tight and twisted.

I'm disabled...I have a lot of health problems.

Have you been to your GP for this? I would go, because s/he could put you in physical therapy or prescribe medication, which could do wonders for your pain.

It's worth getting checked out (maybe an MRI) at an ortho.

wish i'd read this just after giving birth, to know i wasn't alone!

nobody had mentioned the pain of stitches, how i wouldnt be able to sleep due to itching, i would have to sit on my breastfeeding pillow for weeks due to sore front and back bottom!

also how i would lose weight quickly but pile it back on, argh!

standing up for more than a minute could physically hurt and i was so sure my insides would fall out.

saggy belly

and most of all how much i would miss being pregnant!was so fed up during it but now i so miss my big belly and feeling special!

horrible terrible hemmorhoids that would cause me to rather endure child birth again than deal with the recovery .

horrible terrible hemmorhoids that would cause me to rather endure child birth again than deal with the recovery .

It still feels like i'm passing glass every time i have to poo :( At least they don't bleed as bad now though...

Swollen feet and legs was a big one for me, felt like an elephant! Definitely hair falling out too... I get big clumps in my hairbrush and in the plughole when I wash my hair, wahhh! I also think even though you know it'll hurt and you'll need to heal you don't quite grasp the whole 'hit by a truck' feeling until after you've had a baby!

The other day I was telling my dh I felt like I had been hit by a truck batter giving birth and while in the hospital and he said, "yeah you looked like it too!" hahahaha I almost died laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->