weird things that happened to your body postpartum no one told you about

that its like trying to sit on broken glass with stitches

how saggy you are, im back to normal but my god it was scary how baggy i was!

that breastfeeding isnt as easy as they made out, liars!!

wish I'd known how weak my core muscles would be for ages.
wish I'd known how hard the initial start to breastfeeding was so wouldn't have panicked so much.
everyone told me about the sleepless nights & how I'd need breaks but no one said how utterly in love I'd be with this tiny person & how amazing it would be.

I thought i'd be feeling completly back to my old self now! I didn't tear but sex still hurts.
I wish someone told me breastfeeding ruins your sex drive.

Does breastfeeding really do this? Because I've been looking for my sex drive all over and I can't find it lol :wacko:

I thought i'd be feeling completly back to my old self now! I didn't tear but sex still hurts.
I wish someone told me breastfeeding ruins your sex drive.

Does breastfeeding really do this? Because I've been looking for my sex drive all over and I can't find it lol :wacko:

i have the same problem, 5 months later. Although once we get going it usually isn't too bad. But really.... no drive at all.

nobody told me how bad peeing would be (even with just a graze) or how totally gross the smell of the bleeding is :sick:

or that even with breast feeding yes i am back to same size if not smaller than pre pregnancy but i would still have a jelly belly

-That the uterus contracting back down to a smaller size could be inCREDibly painful
-That you feel so different down below. I still have not looked. I'm afraid to look.
-The stretch marks that weren't visible while pregnant because they were on my lower belly are now apparent
-How painful it is, especially the first month-and-a-half when milk let-down occurs, or when the baby latches incorrectly, or how difficult breast-feeding could be
-Following birth, that I'd be unable to feel the need to urinate and unable to fully empty my bladder and that even now, 2 months later, a full bladder doesn't feel the way it used to, and it's still difficult to tell when I'm "finished"

for me,
nobody told me that postpartum I would get horrible acne which I have never had my whole life, not even when I was pregnant. i even have pimples on my back..

i was told that after having a baby your hair on your head falls out, well mine hasnt in fact its thicker than when I was pregnant..but my pubic hairs are falling out slowly...

nobody told me that my feet would swell up postpartum for 2 whole weeks.
They didnt swell when I was pregnant.

OMG I could swear I wrote this!! My poor poor no longer lovely back!!! How long before it goes away???

for me,
nobody told me that postpartum I would get horrible acne which I have never had my whole life, not even when I was pregnant. i even have pimples on my back..

i was told that after having a baby your hair on your head falls out, well mine hasnt in fact its thicker than when I was pregnant..but my pubic hairs are falling out slowly...

OMG I could swear I wrote this!! My poor poor no longer lovely back!!! How long before it goes away???
Mine started going away around 4 months pp..... There is hope!

for me,

I hate to tell you - my baby is 8 weeks 4 days and my hair has just started to malt - mine went much thicker during pregnancy and has stayed thick until now. So it could fall out yet.

how the large bump i had carried around for all that time would just kind of drop! somehow i expected it to magically dissapear lol!!

-that after your second baby, the contractions after would be soooo much more painful!
-that after giving birth you still look preg, for atleast another two months!
-that peeing after birth would be hard to do and painful
-how much you bleed afterwards (so much worse with the second!)
-how you cant stop peeing midstream, i was peeing and the phone rang so i jumped up to get it, and ended up peeing all over the floor! i didnt even realize i had peed on the floor until after i got off the phone! do those kegal exercises girls!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->