Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Thanks BlueHadeda- I'm actually taking both!! I started when I came off the pill about 4-5 months ago as a means to try and regulate my cycles (last time I came off BCP I had a horrendous experience and bled for 6 months and had to go back on the pill to regulate!), but stopped a few months ago- my cycles have been great since coming off the pill. I started taking them again last week in case it could help with my dilemma (silly, I know) as my short cycle coincided with when I stopped taking them. In reality, my 'short' cycle wasn't short at all, but just short for me. I just have this feeling that I HAVE to conceive in September...(again, dumb I know)... plus I had 2 predictions I'd get a september BFP...

Hi Ladies

I'm getting really impatient...like I've ants in my pants at the moment.

Just under 4 weeks until we go on hols, which means 4 weeks until TTC. Was all set to have my fertile period for the majority of my hols, until last cycle I had an abnormally (for me!) short cycle... Was worried I'd have AF for my hol, but this cycle has behaved, and O'd at a much more normal time, so should be safe from that perspective. Now just keeping everything crossed that next cycle is 'normal' for me, or even a tad longer so that we can get busy on hols :sex::spermy:, and hopefully have a little pressie when we come back from our hols :bfp: :D I'm willing this LP will be a couple of days longer...and/or even that next FP will be a bit longer (anyone know how to extend a FP? LOL). I spoke with OH about this last week and the prospect of starting TTC a week earlier if my cycles continue as they look they will, but he wasn't keen :saywhat:

Ugh, men! My DH had the same reaction.. We were supposed to start TTC on our holiday last week, but when my last cycle was so long (44 days) my little phone app showed that I'd be O'ing the week before our vacay.. or else not until September. So I brought it up and he was like "uhh.. but.. well.. we agreed on trying in San Antonio...." lol. :saywhat: It's one week! The next morning he apologized and said he'd let his fears take over.. but that he knew that was silly and (obv) we went ahead and bumped up trying to accomodate my O.. But anywho, it's amazing how illogical they can be when it comes to trying. For such "brave, macho men" they sure can be scaredy cats. :haha:

OMW, congrats BabyB!!!! That was your first month trying, not true? Awesome!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yes it was! I really wasn't expecting to fall so quickly!! My DH is taking all the credit, lol. "And not because I have super sperm.. but because I have super technique!" :rofl: "yes, sweetheart..."

Hi Ladies

I'm getting really impatient...like I've ants in my pants at the moment.

Just under 4 weeks until we go on hols, which means 4 weeks until TTC. Was all set to have my fertile period for the majority of my hols, until last cycle I had an abnormally (for me!) short cycle... Was worried I'd have AF for my hol, but this cycle has behaved, and O'd at a much more normal time, so should be safe from that perspective. Now just keeping everything crossed that next cycle is 'normal' for me, or even a tad longer so that we can get busy on hols :sex::spermy:, and hopefully have a little pressie when we come back from our hols :bfp: :D I'm willing this LP will be a couple of days longer...and/or even that next FP will be a bit longer (anyone know how to extend a FP? LOL). I spoke with OH about this last week and the prospect of starting TTC a week earlier if my cycles continue as they look they will, but he wasn't keen :saywhat:

Ugh, men! My DH had the same reaction.. We were supposed to start TTC on our holiday last week, but when my last cycle was so long (44 days) my little phone app showed that I'd be O'ing the week before our vacay.. or else not until September. So I brought it up and he was like "uhh.. but.. well.. we agreed on trying in San Antonio...." lol. :saywhat: It's one week! The next morning he apologized and said he'd let his fears take over.. but that he knew that was silly and (obv) we went ahead and bumped up trying to accomodate my O.. But anywho, it's amazing how illogical they can be when it comes to trying. For such "brave, macho men" they sure can be scaredy cats. :haha:

OMW, congrats BabyB!!!! That was your first month trying, not true? Awesome!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yes it was! I really wasn't expecting to fall so quickly!! My DH is taking all the credit, lol. "And not because I have super sperm.. but because I have super technique!" :rofl: "yes, sweetheart..."

I do question Mens' logic sometimes :rofl: OH said that he wants a relaxed holiday where we can let our hair down and knock back some cocktails, wine etc...fair enough, but is it going to make a difference if I O just before hols, or while on hols?! What do you guys think about drinking whilst actually TTC?? I mean, it's not like we'd be going crazy, but we're likely to consume some booze each day...

I think early on you're perfectly okay.. and even moreso whilst just trying. I had some wine on our trip knowing I was past O and possibly cookin', and I'm totally unbothered by it. I think I read that in the early stages, you share very little blood with LO, so it doesn't affect them..and before implantation the baby doesn't receive any nutrition from you at all..

Think of all the women that fall pregnant on accident and continue partying for months!

That was exactly my logic- I said to OH- even if we conceived a few days before going on hols, implantation wouldn't occur until towards the end of the hol, or even after, so we wouldn't be sharing blood. But I think all that was a little too much for OH's mind... I know there there is still the thing that the embryo would be in your environment, so would still have it around it. It is meant to be worse early in pregnancy as this is when most of the big developmental things are happening, and when the cells are dividing the fastest... but it's not like I'm going to go out and get wasted...we just don't do that anymore LOL

Same here.. I don't get wasted ever anymore.. but I figured I was on vacay, a few glasses of wine wasn't going to hurt anything. For all I knew we hadn't even caught the eggy. I've read in the TTC forums several times of women that give up everything while trying and then when it takes a while they say forget it.. I have 9 months to deprive once I get my BFP, I'm going to enjoy now, lol.

Anniepie, I'm feeling mega impatient too! We had set our TTC date as 15th Sept as I'm not meant to TTC for 2 weeks after finishing my anti-malarials for my holiday next week, but since I've realised I'm due on my period on 19th sept so.... not sure it's even worth trying so close to AF - surely I wouldn't still be fertile? :cry:

I so want to just ignore the whole 2 week advice from the docs but know I can't.

1 month 1 week = so close but still so far :growlmad:

Same here.. I don't get wasted ever anymore.. but I figured I was on vacay, a few glasses of wine wasn't going to hurt anything. For all I knew we hadn't even caught the eggy. I've read in the TTC forums several times of women that give up everything while trying and then when it takes a while they say forget it.. I have 9 months to deprive once I get my BFP, I'm going to enjoy now, lol.

That's it- I plan on not drinking at all (or maybe a glass of bubbles at xmas if I catch before then, and a glass of wine on my birthday if I feel like it) whilst pregnant. I know lots of people who drink a glass of wine here and there whilst pregnant. And in fact, there was something in the news recently where they was saying a study say a woman can safely drink up to a glass of wine a day whilst pregnant... Personally, I don't want to do that, but that's how small the risks must be... So why give up when TTC. I plan on leading as normal a life as possible until I catch otherwise I think the whole process of TTC will just make me mega stressed...

Anniepie, I'm feeling mega impatient too! We had set our TTC date as 15th Sept as I'm not meant to TTC for 2 weeks after finishing my anti-malarials for my holiday next week, but since I've realised I'm due on my period on 19th sept so.... not sure it's even worth trying so close to AF - surely I wouldn't still be fertile? :cry:

I so want to just ignore the whole 2 week advice from the docs but know I can't.

1 month 1 week = so close but still so far :growlmad:

Oh Mrs T, it's so frustrating isn't it!? As you say, you're unlikely to be fertile still that close to when AF is due if your cycles are regular... At least you've a good reason not to TTC before then, as it wouldn't be good to go against the doc's advice. Hope you've a lovely holiday to look forward to that will make up for the wait?? At the moment I seem to be obsessing over my cycle and keep counting the days to see if there's any chance I might catch on hols... at the moment it's looking slightly possible, but I think I'll have to jump OH as soon as we arrive at the hotel :rofl:

Hello hakunamatata i was asking if opk works i usually get my uterus scaned by my gyno who tells me my possible days of ovulation but so far no bfp,dnt know if any1 has irregular Period n how they could get pregnant with it.

I haven't actually used one yet, but you pee on a stick and you will get a second line or something of an indicator that you have ovulated. You can get super cheap sticks on Amazon - the brand is Wondfo.

Sperm can live up to 5 days, and the egg is viable for 24-48 hours after ovulation, so my general plan is to BD every day or every other day during my fertile week and something is bound to happen.

Good luck! :friends:

i have been craving milk all week i barely ever drink it, its so weird and i have had AF like cramps all week. its horrible to fill yucky even when not on your cycle.

I had AF cramps in early dpo, too...... ;)

FX that it's a good sign for you sweetpea!

im so trying not to symptom spot either and i still have cm since ovulation though like during the day it ranges from ewcm/creamy, and sticky buit there is always something defenently not drying out. my cervix came back down but is now going back up... and my opks are getting darker. so whom nows.

i have been craving milk all week i barely ever drink it, its so weird and i have had AF like cramps all week. its horrible to fill yucky even when not on your cycle.

I've got my fingers crossed for you! I had lots of cramps during pregnancy, its just everything growing and stretching :flower:

I've got my fingers crossed for you! I had lots of cramps during pregnancy, its just everything growing and stretching :flower:

thanks hun just dont wanna get my hopes up to be let down.

Not wanting to add to your hopes but when I was pregnant before I felt like AF was on her way...

:dust:

other peoples symptom's always help ive been googling it too even in the middle of the night i do on my cell. my husband even told me last night that im getting bigger in the chest and i have blue veins all over. i have been avoiding getting dressed in front of the mirror so i wouldnt be trying to tell. i looked he was right. lol

I defo had alot more cm before I tested! That and sore veiny boobs were my only real symptoms til the sickness kicked in at 6 weeks! Good luck babe!

I've had some good news!! My TTC date has moved from Halloween to 30th September! A whole month! I'm uber excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->