Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Why do I want to bring a child into the world when there are such idiots living around me (the riots in London). I've decided not to go into work today cos I'm too scared...yet I'm planning on bringing a baby into the world... Go figure...

I don't blame you for not wanting to go into work with all of those riots.

I worry about bringing kids into the world with the way everything is going, I've just decided that there are still plenty of things that are worth living for, the good outweighs the bad. I want to bring kids into the world so they can learn the love of a family, get to discover new things, laugh until their sides hurt and their cheeks get sore from smiling, taste indescribeable flavors, have an adrenaline rush, fall in love, have a family of their own one day, and live to meet their creator when their called home.

I've had some good news!! My TTC date has moved from Halloween to 30th September! A whole month! I'm uber excited!

:happydance:

I'm on the beach. Toasty and drunk lol

Gotta enjoy it before I'm PG!

:drunk: :headspin:

Why do I want to bring a child into the world when there are such idiots living around me (the riots in London). I've decided not to go into work today cos I'm too scared...yet I'm planning on bringing a baby into the world... Go figure...

I think the same sometimes :( these riots are awful!

I'm sorry to hear of the riots, Anniepie. We had the same thing here in Vancouver the beginning of the summer after the Stanley Cup (hockey) final. It was horrifying to watch, but it was also uplifting to see how everybody came together in the aftermath to clean up the city... people organized clean up efforts via FB and twitter just hours after the riots and hundreds posted their gratitude to the police officers by posting sticky notes on a police car downtown
https://www.vancouverobserver.com/b...-riots-signs-gratitude-shown-vancouver-police
I hope the riots end soon and I'm glad you're safe at home today.

Congrats babyb on your :bfp: So exciting!

Cheercoach - I'm so sorry to hear of your dog. How upsetting... thinking of you and your family :hugs: Congrats to you also, and FX those last tests just weren't sensitive enough.

Afm... sorry I haven't been posting much. Been reading, but not too much exciting going on.... just waiting for Sept to get here already so we can start TTC!

Congrats to your DH trgirl! My DH is currently in the application process for a promotion, too.. like yours, it's a state gvt job so it's moving slooooowly.. so I can sympathise!

It blows my mind how slow and drawn out it is, my DH deals with it because it pays well and has good benefits, but I would go nuts... Good luck to your DH! :)

I am so behind in news, and I'll google this in a minute, but I'm really sorry to hear that. I agree with Pixi though, there is still a lot of good. And who knows one of our children could be the one who finds a solution for all this crap and becomes the new and improved leader of the free world. right? lol

Baby Maybe, canning sounds really cool, have fun and hope it turns out well!

Have a great Tuesday! One more day closer to TTC :)

I know precisely how you feel. I live in a country full of turmoil and violence at the moment. Especially if you're white. Chances are very slim that my (white) sons will get burseries at univarcity, or get jobs very easily. Almost all companies are forced by the government to employ only black people. They call it affirmative action, but it sure feels like apartheid in the reverse to me. But nothing I can do or change about it. We've thought of emigrating, not only because of the lack of opportunities for white kids in our country, but mostly because of the extreme violence that's being done to white people. Not a day goes by where you don't hear of at least 3 armed robberies the previous night where the man has been shot and killed, the women raped or terrorised, even children being harmed. Farmers are being mutilated, maimed and killed every week. All of this just because they're white. It's so so so scary. But, we don't want to emigrate yet. We love our country. All our family and friends are here. Our kids are in schools where they speak our mother tongue. We don't want to leave all of this. I don't believe all the people of this country are bad. Most of them are good, solid people that don't condone violence. But it makes me scared, bringing another baby into this world. What if (s)he gets murdered, raped, or don't find a job one day?

I worry about bringing kids into the world with the way everything is going, I've just decided that there are still plenty of things that are worth living for, the good outweighs the bad. I want to bring kids into the world so they can learn the love of a family, get to discover new things, laugh until their sides hurt and their cheeks get sore from smiling, taste indescribeable flavors, have an adrenaline rush, fall in love, have a family of their own one day, and live to meet their creator when their called home.
Beautifully said, Pixie. Precisely the reason why I close my eyes shut and just do it. Try for another baby. I refuse to let fear of the future dictate the number of children I have. I hang onto hope for our country. I can't help it. I have to.

hi girls, im back on BnB, i decided to have a break from it because i was getting a bit too obsessive about TTC and i wasnt even trying at that time! But now i am officially TTC :) so i have come back to join u all and keep up with everyone... i see there are alot of BFPs now, congratulations! xxx

i just read that on the front page of yahoo, so sorry hun.

the london happenings are just a disgrace to this country. It's not only London that the riots are breaking out though - Liverpool, Bristol, Birmingham are others that are now getting hit too... it just sickens me it really does. I'm glad i'm away up here away from it all but i have a lot of friends who live around these areas.

</rant>

well, i'm a day late... bfn though so i don't know what's going on. we're not even trying just now:dohh:

i just read about whats happening, i hope it ends its heart breaking people are that stupid, it doesnt gain anything but hurt, death, and lost of homes and such that people have longed for and worked hard for.

Annnnddd the riots have hit my area :( ive just come home from town cos its all going on :(

Same here.. I don't get wasted ever anymore.. but I figured I was on vacay, a few glasses of wine wasn't going to hurt anything. For all I knew we hadn't even caught the eggy. I've read in the TTC forums several times of women that give up everything while trying and then when it takes a while they say forget it.. I have 9 months to deprive once I get my BFP, I'm going to enjoy now, lol.

That's it- I plan on not drinking at all (or maybe a glass of bubbles at xmas if I catch before then, and a glass of wine on my birthday if I feel like it) whilst pregnant. I know lots of people who drink a glass of wine here and there whilst pregnant. And in fact, there was something in the news recently where they was saying a study say a woman can safely drink up to a glass of wine a day whilst pregnant... Personally, I don't want to do that, but that's how small the risks must be... So why give up when TTC. I plan on leading as normal a life as possible until I catch otherwise I think the whole process of TTC will just make me mega stressed...

Anniepie, I'm feeling mega impatient too! We had set our TTC date as 15th Sept as I'm not meant to TTC for 2 weeks after finishing my anti-malarials for my holiday next week, but since I've realised I'm due on my period on 19th sept so.... not sure it's even worth trying so close to AF - surely I wouldn't still be fertile? :cry:

I so want to just ignore the whole 2 week advice from the docs but know I can't.

1 month 1 week = so close but still so far :growlmad:

Oh Mrs T, it's so frustrating isn't it!? As you say, you're unlikely to be fertile still that close to when AF is due if your cycles are regular... At least you've a good reason not to TTC before then, as it wouldn't be good to go against the doc's advice. Hope you've a lovely holiday to look forward to that will make up for the wait?? At the moment I seem to be obsessing over my cycle and keep counting the days to see if there's any chance I might catch on hols... at the moment it's looking slightly possible, but I think I'll have to jump OH as soon as we arrive at the hotel :rofl:

Yes... so frustrating! But def worth the wait as we're off to Africa a week today! Yay!

Just popping in to update you my lovely ladies ~ As you know im in mourning, so wont be on much

Scan went well this morning ~ Little wriggler :baby:

However they think I ovulated later than 'normal' & so im 2 weeks behind what I should beaccording to my LMP date

This is fine with me, as I have so many things going on in Feb nextyear, an extra 2 weeks is a bonus

Gotta go back in 2 weeks to have another dating/nuchal scan

Glad your scan went well Kelly!!

I partied just a little too hard at the beach yesterday, keep forgetting I'm not 20 anymore lol. It was HM's last hurrah before TTC. On cd3, ready to start planting seeds next week, woot!

hi girls, im back on BnB, i decided to have a break from it because i was getting a bit too obsessive about TTC and i wasnt even trying at that time! But now i am officially TTC :) so i have come back to join u all and keep up with everyone... i see there are alot of BFPs now, congratulations! xxx

Yay you're back!!!

Good luck with TTC!!!

I heard about the riots this morning on the Today show. So tragic. Everyone that lives around that way, be careful.

:sad1: Decided that I'd do myself an ovulation ticker to help me track my cycle further (and as a treat for being so near to TTC!) but tried a few out and they all say what cycle day I'm on, but also say '9 days til testing!' which made me want to :cry: cos I know I won't be testing cos we're not actually trying yet!

Anyone know a website which has a ticker that ONLY counts cycle days not days til testing? (I've trying lilypie, thebump and countdowntopregnancy.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->