Welcome To The World Ollie

bump_wanted

Ollie's Mummy & Just Preg
Reaction score
Oliver David Curran
21st April 2010
7lb 5oz

Oliver or Ollie as we call him was due on the 12th April 2010, however when this date came and went i started to get really fed up, I had been having contractions on and off from week 35 due to irratible uterus tho these were annoying me they werent really hurting or causing me any other problems. On the 13th I had a sweep at my midwife she done the sweep sucessfully and told me I was 2 cms dilated and tho my cervix was still quite posterior it was softening at a good rate I was to make an appointment for the following tuesday but hopfully wouldnt need it...I DID & this is where it gets intersting!

Tuesday 20th April

I drag my by now rather sizable backside into my midwife looking totally fed up (well I am 8 days late) she does the 2nd sweep and tells me im still only 2cms dilated and my cervix is still in the same place dissapointed as I was at this I had by this time resigned myself to the fact my baby would come when he was ready until she took my bloody pressure it came back high 141/100 (odd - i forget the exact number) this was the 2nd time in pregnancy I had my blood pressure questioned the MW called the maternity assessment unit who advised me to go straight in...this was just before 5pm gets in there about 6pm (wait ages!) my blood pressure is checked and is still high and refusing to go down, blood is taken and urine tested and tho neither show worrying signs it is decided that I will be kept in and induced I'm moved up to a ward and DH has to leave...weirdest feeling in the world knowing id be starting the process alone...

Wednesday, 21st April Half Past Midnight
I'm given my 1st tablet to start the induction the MW examines me and tells me im 2cms and looking good tho she explains this might not be a quick process and i could be waiting days (think they give you the worst case) about half 1 the pains start im not the type to complain so im texting DH that i can start to feel things but was gonna try get some sleep (didnt happen)

4o'clock in the morning
the pains are getting worse now, im finding it hard to cope with them but still going feel like i want to spend my whole night on the toilet the pressure feels so much but nothings coming out (TMI) i say to the MW who looks at me like im an alien and shows me the way to the bathroom assuring me this will take away any pain I have...Im hopeful but after about 40 mins of splashing about like a whale i give up and go back to the MW reporting that its not really helped is there anything else i can have she gives me a heat pack which offers NO relief at all to be honest about 5:30 i go to her practically begging for painkillers she hands me 2 paracetamol which i take and them throw up by this time i feel like i may aswell just accept im not going to make it thru labour..she comes and finally examines me and tells me im 4 cms dilated and puts me on a trace which shows the baby is very sleepy, im told i'll be taken to the labour suite as soon as a room becomes avaible at half past 7 im taken down and told hubs has been called and is on his way

Labour Suite
As soon as I'm in the labour suite i ask for pain relief I tell the Midwife I want to start off slow so can i just have gas and air (this becomes my best friend in the world) i love it so much im scared to stop chugging on it made me feel really drunk and numb loved it to bits LOL
my hubby arrives at ten past 8 comes into the labour suite full of beans bless him he's been a rock all the way thru my pregnancy I couldnt do this without him so him arriving gives me a boost i tell him im in love with the gas and air and he chuckles at me he takes hold of my hand and then things really start the doctor comes in and checks on me somehow ive gone from 4 cms at 6am to 10cms at half 8 (ish) suddenly I have the urge to push...then this alarm goes off and all hell breaks loose the MW's come from no where the doctor has turned pale as milk and suddenly im told i need an epoistomy and forceps to deliever the baby scared as i am my MW is trying to talk me thru it but i just say do what needs to be done...the next few moments pass in a blur before i know it my baby is out and the MW is cutting his cord at this point i cant speak im wondering why DH isnt cuttin the cord and then im told ive a 3rd degree tear and need to be taken to theatre asap 3 hours later(!) im taken to theatre given a spinal block and stitched up.

that pretty much is my whole story...i didnt realise to later the alarm that had been going off was the babys heart beat dipping too low, i needed the forceps delievery as my actual labour was so quick it destressed the baby...it was horrible but my baby boy was worth every second

this is Ollie 5 Days Old ive not uploaded the pics of us in hospital yet xx
https://[url]https://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1648/dsc07352g.jpg[/url]

congratulations. Thanks for sharing your story xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann