Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

I am in a mood :growlmad:

DH and I got into a fight and he refused to BD. (We are supposed to be BDing every other day.) While it is unlikely that I am ovulating, I would like to be able to say that we gave it all we could. I feel like I have to go through all this shit...scary tests (possibly painful) and procedures and DH can't even keep up with his part of the bargain. He still has yet to provide his SA sample as well. Man how I wish that all I had to do was put a sample of my goo :haha:in a cup and provide it. I feel like it is wasting time for me to have to have an HSG if we are not going to be BDing anyway.

I am scared to have the HSG. I am afraid of the pain after and during and hopeful for what the answers may be. If DH is going to pick and choose when we BD then why go through with all this. Part of me is debating canceling the HSG and just leaving it up to chance but I guess that would not make sense since this will give me answers regardless.

On a side note, the hospital called to let me know about a double blind study that is offered during the HSG. They will combine a steroid with the dye used during the procedure to help with inflammation. I called my doctor about this and he was not in the office. The people I did talk to seemed to have no idea about this as if I was the first person to ever bring it up...sounds weird to me. Considering that this is a fertility doctor you would think that other people would of been offered the same and had concerns to bring to the attention of their MD.

DH and I got into a fight and he refused to BD. (We are supposed to be BDing every other day.) While it is unlikely that I am ovulating, I would like to be able to say that we gave it all we could. I feel like I have to go through all this shit...scary tests (possibly painful) and procedures and DH can't even keep up with his part of the bargain. He still has yet to provide his SA sample as well. Man how I wish that all I had to do was put a sample of my goo :haha:in a cup and provide it. I feel like it is wasting time for me to have to have an HSG if we are not going to be BDing anyway.

I am scared to have the HSG. I am afraid of the pain after and during and hopeful for what the answers may be. If DH is going to pick and choose when we BD then why go through with all this. Part of me is debating canceling the HSG and just leaving it up to chance but I guess that would not make sense since this will give me answers regardless.

On a side note, the hospital called to let me know about a double blind study that is offered during the HSG. They will combine a steroid with the dye used during the procedure to help with inflammation. I called my doctor about this and he was not in the office. The people I did talk to seemed to have no idea about this as if I was the first person to ever bring it up...sounds weird to me. Considering that this is a fertility doctor you would think that other people would of been offered the same and had concerns to bring to the attention of their MD.

Hi Baby:

Sorry about dh, if it makes you feel any better my dh said no to every other day :( so I literally have to plan bd so precisely :(.

I can say the hsg is one of the most painful procedures I've done, albeit one of the only. It is however great to know results. Thankfully my tubes were clear but even if it didn't come out clear I am thankful to just know. Please take ibuprofen, I took 1600 mg and still felt pain. Don't want to discourage you but don't want to sugar coat it either.

I wish you luck dear. My blood results aren't thy great :( but I'm having an easier time letting go..

:hugs:

Hi Baby:

Sorry about dh, if it makes you feel any better my dh said no to every other day :( so I literally have to plan bd so precisely :(.

I can say the hsg is one of the most painful procedures I've done, albeit one of the only. It is however great to know results. Thankfully my tubes were clear but even if it didn't come out clear I am thankful to just know. Please take ibuprofen, I took 1600 mg and still felt pain. Don't want to discourage you but don't want to sugar coat it either.

I wish you luck dear. My blood results aren't thy great :( but I'm having an easier time letting go..

:hugs: I am sorry that your blood results were not so great. I wont hear about mine until the end of the month.

If you had to do over again do you thing the HSG was worth it? Granted you know that things are clear but was it worth it?

Sorry Babybemine i know how BDn and Hubby (mix) I couldnt tell you all the fights weve had because of the exact same thing.

Hi Baby:

:hugs: I am sorry that your blood results were not so great. I wont hear about mine until the end of the month.

If you had to do over again do you thing the HSG was worth it? Granted you know that things are clear but was it worth it?

Yes, I definitely feel it was worth it. At least now I know they're clear and I hear if it may have cleaned out my tubes if you will. When I say painful it was short lived and doesn't last long. But maybe my pain tolerance was high?

My blood results aren't bad just could be better. So I guess all this testing allows me to let go a little? A little...

I think its were they push dye up your tubes to see if there clear and if not theyll clear them for you

What does this awful painful HSG mean?

Sorry are you asking what an hsg is or how painful it was?

The pain was a tugging crampy, not sure how to describe feeling. Basically it's two times of pain. Initial insertion and then when the dye is pushed through.

Hope this helps. Don't want to scare anyone, but remember it doesn't last long , and I, fortunate that I didn't have much cramps after. Some do.

The pain was a tugging crampy, not sure how to describe feeling. Basically it's two times of pain. Initial insertion and then when the dye is pushed through.

Hope this helps. Don't want to scare anyone, but remember it doesn't last long , and I, fortunate that I didn't have much cramps after. Some do.

Oh i wanted to know what this hsg means and OMG this sounds like a nightmare i hope i will never have to get it done :nope:

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I'm glad that I found this forum. I stopped taking BC in July and no baby yet. At first I just wanted to wait to see if it would happen on its own and I was even ok if I had to wait a year UNTIL, everyone around me ended up pregnant within the past two months:growlmad:! Now Im struggling being around certain people and I'm always wondering why I'm not getting pregnant. It seems like no one understands what I'm going through because a few of my friends got pregnant on BC and were no where near planning a pregnancy. I hope to find a lil peace of mind sharing with you guys! Baby dust to us all

Oh i wanted to know what this hsg means and OMG this sounds like a nightmare i hope i will never have to get it done :nope:

Hi Ice:

Hsg is actually a test that checks if your tubes are blocked. What they do is place dye in your Fallopian tubes, if it comes out of the other end then you're clear. They see this via an ex ray, results are immediate and you can actually see it on the monitor.

If your tubes are blocked then obviously the sperm can't meet the egg. So it's a pretty routine check at fertility clinics.

They say if you're blocked the dye will clear the way, some people get bfps right after. All depends obviously or coincidental but who knows.

Hope this helps :winkwink:

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I'm glad that I found this forum. I stopped taking BC in July and no baby yet. At first I just wanted to wait to see if it would happen on its own and I was even ok if I had to wait a year UNTIL, everyone around me ended up pregnant within the past two months:growlmad:! Now Im struggling being around certain people and I'm always wondering why I'm not getting pregnant. It seems like no one understands what I'm going through because a few of my friends got pregnant on BC and were no where near planning a pregnancy. I hope to find a lil peace of mind sharing with you guys! Baby dust to us all

I understand and im sure everyone else can relate also.
IV been trying for a little over a yr and Since then more then 8 of my friends have come up pregnant and had there babys and then my sister in law is pregnant due this month or next month andn my cousin had her little boy several months back.. It can be hard, but im very very happy for them they all make great moms, well other then one of them. Sad to say but some people just dont think befor they have kids and she was one of them..

Hi Ice:

Hsg is actually a test that checks if your tubes are blocked. What they do is place dye in your Fallopian tubes, if it comes out of the other end then you're clear. They see this via an ex ray, results are immediate and you can actually see it on the monitor.

If your tubes are blocked then obviously the sperm can't meet the egg. So it's a pretty routine check at fertility clinics.

They say if you're blocked the dye will clear the way, some people get bfps right after. All depends obviously or coincidental but who knows.

Hope this helps :winkwink:

Gotcha thanks for explaining now i'm smarter again :) One more question if your tubes are blocked is there any symptoms or you would never know unless you go for check up? And can you get it done only in fertility clinics?

Thats a great question one i would like to know the answer to my self please? :)

wontgiveup

Thanks! I did copy the wrong link. It should be showing up now. :)

UMMM mimzy theres no way you got that many POSITIVE opks Are you sure they were positive The line has to be the same darkness or darker as the control line, I dont think you OD!

LOL I know it seems crazy!! But they are all like that pic you posted where the test line is just as dark as the control then fades. When I do the test in the evening the line is more faint but always in the morning the line is there! I can post a pic but i'm not sure how to do that on here? Could it just be that I have a very high level of that hormone and the tests are to sensitive for me? I read that can happend to some people. But I have been having ovulation pain and I did have EWCM so this is all just VERY confusing! My last period was the first of this month but my periods have been irregualr since coming off BCP March 2011. I think i might spend the extra money and just get the clear blue test with the smiley faces.

Do the clear blue with smilies! it's SO worth it. i love them. they are a little pricey but i always thought i had positives before and they weren't. these will for sure tell you if the lines are dark enough. Good luck!

I thought I was pregnant this month and af showed up today. fml. Also found out today that my sis is preg with baby2. No probs getting pregnant. I've already canceled two holiday parties as I can't handle people asking me anymore. I've only told two close friends that I'm trying. How do I cope with all the pressure over the holidays?

Laugh it off and say some small response to get the topic off of you .

Turn it back on them....are you pregnant yet? When are you getting married? When are you retiring? Do you have enough money yet to get out of debt yet? Have you joined a weight loss group yet? OK OK maybe those are not nice but they shut them up quickly.

Avoiding them does not really help things out because you are just sad at home.

Go all bat shit crazy and start screaming/crying hysterically about how you are trying but you don't want to talk about it. Makes them feel awkward. and shuts them up.

None of these are really helpful but i thought they were amusing.

Keep yourself busy. Do something creative. Make a plan for the next month of trying. Volunteer somewhere where others have less than you.

Here is a copy/paste from an article i read.
Write a letter or record a video with your partner, and include all of your hopes and dreams for your little one. Put it away (don’t forget where), and bring it out when your child turns 18. Another strategy? Embrace your baby envy by embracing a baby! Offer your with-child friend a few hours of free babysitting so you and your partner can indulge in some satisfying baby snuggles and practice being parents while your grateful friend can grab some much needed one-on-one time with her spouse (or some “me-time” with herself!).

Whatever you do, don't get too sad or stressed. Instead, try to focus on things that make you feel good, like spending quality time with your spouse. When you’re trying to conceive, your relationship with your partner takes center stage — but often with a few bumpy turns, especially if you’ve been trying for a while. Yes, you’re looking forward to being a threesome — but don’t forget to focus on your twosome. Celebrate what’s to come (maybe this time next year!) with a romantic dinner out or breakfast in bed. Remember: Once you have a baby, it’ll be a good long while before you get to linger over breakfast (in or out of bed) again!

Sorry I don't know what the answer is because I find it hard dealing with those that seem to have it so easy when I have to struggle, but that should not negate the fact that they are having a happy moment.
Maybe embrace the fact that they are happy and that one day that will be you as well. \
:hugs: I hope I didn't make things worse. Don't let anything I say piss you off.

Sorry to interject here but I love this advice. Thanks.

I understand and im sure everyone else can relate also.
IV been trying for a little over a yr and Since then more then 8 of my friends have come up pregnant and had there babys and then my sister in law is pregnant due this month or next month andn my cousin had her little boy several months back.. It can be hard, but im very very happy for them they all make great moms, well other then one of them. Sad to say but some people just dont think befor they have kids and she was one of them..

It is really hard, many of my friends are getting pregnant etc and you want to be happy for them ( I am) but it is hard to not feel resentful or frustrated. Good luck on your journey :thumbup:

Hi everyone

This is my first post, my DH and I are TTC #1. I have been on birth control for 8 years and have just stopped taking it, so I am on CD 5. We are going to just start trying but not chart and see what happens. This forum is lovely and gives me somewhere to talk about it as I think I have started to drive my husband crazy.

welcome, welcome!!! :dust:

:dust::dust:
YAH!! I finally got my cross hairs on FF!! :happydance: I'm feeling more hopefull today! Still having a lot of cramps and random pains in breast no 'hard' symptoms though....I may test this weekend while my hubby is here, even though FF says not to test till 12th. It does say I am DPO 14 today.

YAAAAAAY! I got mine too :happydance: but i think my real O date is CD37 not CD36, will wait til tomorrow and then fix it. But look at you from no ovulation to 14dpo and your temps keep going up that's a good sign :D :dust:

woohoo for you getting yours too!:happydance:

I see you tested today. Stay positive it still might be too early. Your temps look great tho. FX for bfp :flower:

I've given up hope now...Should be getting a positives by now if i was. i tested on Sat. am so would of been dpo 15 per FF. I'm going to give my doc a call tomorrow am and see when I can get into to see her. Need to figure out whats going on with my body!

Good luck Mimzy, i hope you get it figured out!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->