Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

AF got me today, 2 days late, I had a feeling she was coming, going to try for a Jan 2014 baby now, it would be due 2 days before my birthday .. would be the best birhday present ever, fx'd :) hows everyone else getting on xx

Kirstyjane13... I'm in that spot too.... Jan 17 is the edd for my current cycle. 3 days before my niece turns 4!!! I prefer that to a Christmas baby actually!

Good luck!

Hi...I am new to this forum and am excited to hear your thoughts. My husband and I have been TTC for our first for about a year and a half now. My cycles are usually between 33-49 days and today is CD 38. I used opks for the first time this cycle and have gotten a positive clearblue digital opk every day for the past week. Today I got a positive again then AF showed up. Any ideas on how this could be?

Thanks!

Hi...I am new to this forum and am excited to hear your thoughts. My husband and I have been TTC for our first for about a year and a half now. My cycles are usually between 33-49 days and today is CD 38. I used opks for the first time this cycle and have gotten a positive clearblue digital opk every day for the past week. Today I got a positive again then AF showed up. Any ideas on how this could be?

Thanks!

Welcome! And sorry its taking so long.... As far as I know women always have LH in their system and so a positive opk should be darker than the control line, otherwise you may have hormone issues? Perhaps your body is struggling to O? If you are older this can be an early sign that menopause is coming (in a couple of years).... With cycles that long I'd be checking I to the doctor, you may not be ovulating at all....I think I was told 24-36 days, anything outside that get checked.... Especially if they are inconsistent..... Good luck!

Thanks for your response. I am planning on making an appointment with an OBGYN soon.I am only 27 so I hope menopause doesn't happen for me that soon. I have been wondering about O though. How do they test to see if you do ovulate. I have never been able to tell by cm alone.

Thanks for your response. I am planning on making an appointment with an OBGYN soon.I am only 27 so I hope menopause doesn't happen for me that soon. I have been wondering about O though. How do they test to see if you do ovulate. I have never been able to tell by cm alone.

The best way is ultrasound, but at home you can chart your temperature.... You need a basal body thermometer (basically a thermometer with two decimal places) and every morning when you wake up, before you do ANYTHING you take your temperature. There are numerous apps that you can use to record your temp and you should see a rise after ovulation. If you click on the link in my signature saying "my chart" you will see mine (although taking a break from temping this month). A great website & phone app is fertility friend. It's all connected so whether on your phone or computer it's all updated. Amazing. It will even tell you when it thinks you ovulated based on temperature and cm.

At 27 I would guess then that you're not ovulating. Lots of things you and your doctor can do to address this! So take heart :)

So...I am confused as to when to test. My blood work from my day 21 progesterone work up on April 12th was 12.1 and doctor said that I ovulated. Per ovulation tests I ovulated on day 21 or 22. What do I go by as far as when to take a pregnancy test?

Hey Allicat, I have no idea? Did your doctor not give you a time frame? I guess wait a couple of weeks after the assumed ovulation date? Good luck!

And otherwise, how's it going?

Hey Allicat, I have no idea? Did your doctor not give you a time frame? I guess wait a couple of weeks after the assumed ovulation date? Good luck!

And otherwise, how's it going?

No. I don't know what ovulation prediction method to believe. I have heard that progesterone starts to peak a week after ovulation so should I test out from that or 24 to 36 hours after my opk's started being positive.

Things are going well. I think I have sme symptoms of early pregnancy but trying not to symptom spot... it is so hard not to...

Yah, it's always hard not to. Every time I swear I have early symptoms AF gets me :(. Thinking back the cycle I had my BFP I had no symptoms. I spotted at 10 & 11 DPO but then got my BFP on 12 DPO.... No other symptoms! Crazy.....

Fingers crossed you caught it this cycle :)

well right now I'm one day after ovulation, atlreast i think so. This month i really didnt do ovualtion tests and went by CD 10-16 and to basically cover my fertile days.....REALLY hoping they worked. Now its the basic and dreadful 2ww. But a January 10 baby would be great.

Helloooo ladies! I am newish to the site and brand spanking new to the TTC group, just thought I would introduce myself and say hi :)

My fiance and I were going to wait to try - wedding next year, losing weight, moving, blah blah blah... but after a series of events we decided to go for it. Last week we were very excited when I got an unplanned BFP, but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. We were very disappointed but it made us realize that a munchkin is really priority over the other stuff. I'm 31 and he's 32... waited long enough!

Anyway, I'm super stoked and eager to learn more about this process.. Even after lurking for a while, I still feel like i'm reading another language on these boards... you ladies and your acronyms! I guess I need to get with the program :winkwink:

Helloooo ladies! I am newish to the site and brand spanking new to the TTC group, just thought I would introduce myself and say hi :)

My fiance and I were going to wait to try - wedding next year, losing weight, moving, blah blah blah... but after a series of events we decided to go for it. Last week we were very excited when I got an unplanned BFP, but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. We were very disappointed but it made us realize that a munchkin is really priority over the other stuff. I'm 31 and he's 32... waited long enough!

Anyway, I'm super stoked and eager to learn more about this process.. Even after lurking for a while, I still feel like i'm reading another language on these boards... you ladies and your acronyms! I guess I need to get with the program :winkwink:

hey yeah it does seem like another language, it toke me forever to be able to understand it. But i was a stalker on a million sites before i felt like i knew more then i was supposed to. I had a chemical as well in december, so i know how u feel. Im praying that this month is my month to get my little one. Before i go in June for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->