Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

HI there!

I am also TTC for my first and am so excited and scared as well. Really hoping that this time around we get a positive! Been trying for a year and a 4 months.

Welcome! Sorry it's taking so long. Have you seen your doctor yet? Where I live we qualify for help after one year....

Yes, I've seen my dr. apparently due to some irregular AF lenghts it screwed with my hormones and i had no chance of conceiving. but been prescribed some duphaston and everything is starting to get back to normal. really excited because i'm hoping may is the month :)

Liz that's exciting!! Glad things are getting back on track :)

Lots of :dust: your way for May!!

Using the CBFM- CD 17 and still low fertility. I'd hoped I'd have got my first high day already. Gah! I hope I haven't wasted money on this monitor if it turns out that I'm not ovulating!

Well it's not money wasted if it tells you your not ovulating. You can then resolve the non ovulating issue and get back at it! I hear those monitors are great!!

I generally ovulate on Cd 18-20 and used to have a 28 day cycle. Now it's a bit messed up from mc but seems to be heading back that way... Good luck!!

Liz that's exciting!! Glad things are getting back on track :)

Lots of :dust: your way for May!!

Thanks! I know sometimes I cannot seem to sit still all this excitement that maybe this is the month is driving me boinkers!lol.

Hi Ladies,

My name is Amy and TTC with my fiancee.
I am over the moon happy and love him more than anything.
It's great that we are both on the same page with the whole marriage and kids stuff. Hence why we are trying already.

We have only just started since I have come off my pill.
So far my cycles have been right on time, so i am really hoping that i get that BFP.
I have been using the Fertility diary app on my windows phone where you can record everything from temp to CM.

I know my fiancee is all good as he got his ex pregnant when they were together but lost it.
I have been taking my temp and checking all the signs for the right time.

You girls will be the first to know (after my fiancee first. :D) if we have been successful.

I am looking forward to reading every ones journey and hearing lots of great stories and getting lots of helpful advice.

I just wanted to say hi, I am new to the ttc forum I actually havnt been on one before so this is really new to me.

Just some background info: my husband and I have been ttc going on 4yrs now, I had a chemical pregnancy in Jan 2010 and then stopped having periods for a really long time. About 2yrs ago was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance, have been on 3 rounds of clomid (all 3 dose ranges) with no ovulation. This last cycle my doc said we could try clomid again because I have had normal cycles for 6 months, this time with confirmed ovulation :happydance: I am now 7-10dpo ( not sure exact day of ovulation) now we are just playing the waiting game AF is due in the next 2-4 days

I've been having mild dull cramping for several days starting 3-4dpo and still having on and off today...not sure what to think about it yet, but I'm hoping its a good sign.... any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Welcome crazy4baby! That's a long time ttc. You are more than welcome here but there is also an area on the site for long term ttc (usually over 1 year). The ladies there might have more advice in regards to that :)

Afm my DH and I have been ttc just a year this month with a Mmc in October at 12+5 weeks. A loss is difficult. I'm sorry for yours. It's frustrating when our bodies don't behave! Mine has been off since the mc. It's been almost 6 months since my loss and just starting to have more regular cycles!!

Good luck!

:dust:

I know I have gotten frustrated a lot over the years about my body not working the way its suppose to. Thanks for the info about the group of ladies who have been ttc for awhile I will check it out.

I'm having some trouble and getting a lot of mixed information from doctors, I feel like there's "textbook" information, and then what really goes on...and these male doctors don't have a clue most of the time if it's not textbook (or female doctors who aren't well versed in this stuff...)

Anyway...I have irregular cycles...anywhere from 14-35 days. Sometimes I ovulate, sometimes I don't (I've seen an endocrinologist/gotten blood work, etc). I've been off of birth control for 4 months now, 2nd month TTC.

2 cycles ago I had a 14 day cycle...(i.e. no ovulation)
Last cycle was 35 days
This cycle I'm using OPKs to try and catch when/if it is happening.

I'm on CD 15 now...I've been testing with digital OPKs since CD 5, once a day, (as specified on the instructions)
Over the last two days (CDs 13-15) I've had what I think is EWCM, but it's intermittent with a creamier (but not thick) CM. I had a large rise in temp yesterday (of 1.5 degrees farenheit) ...but I have yet to get a positive OPK.

I called my doctor and he said "trust the test", then I spoke with another one and he said "not all OPKs are accurate but neither is checking your CM"...so...excuse my French but..WTF!?

Anybody have any experience with a crazy cycle like mine? Success with OPKs? OPKs not working for you? Anything ? :wacko:

I've never done opk's but I know recommend to test twice a day... Also late morning and afternoon is the best time to test. Also that you can miss the surge that gives you a positive result. And for cm you can have several patches before O. I tend to have three days imtemittent of Ewcm with 'creamy days" inbetween for quite a while before three straight days of Ewcm (which generally precedes o". If you look at my charts you'll understand.

Is. Your temp rise sustained? Several days? A good tool is fertility friend (website) as it analizes all of the information that you enter to identify your most likely date of ovulation... Very useful tool. I live by it. Found out that I ovulate late (around cd 20) and so would completely miss my fertile window if I followed the "women ovulated around cd 14" cliche.
Also coming off the pill I took 4 months to ovulate at all.... No AF...it was crazy...

Good luck!

Thank you so much! My temp thus fair has...confused me. My temps are all over the place. I went from 97.52 on CD 5 and sustained around there until CD 11 when I dropped to 96.70, CD 12 97.58, CD 13 98.39, CD 14 97.7 and this morning (CD 15) I couldn't find my BBT thermometer by my bedside where I leave it...I have a frisky kitten who I feel has knocked it into my baseboard heat :thumbup:

So..I'm almost feeling like I'm just out this month..things aren't going well. I am very stressed - I'm a graduate student so I know that stress can wreak havoc on hormones and cycles...I just wanted this so bad. Maybe try once I'm done with school for good, use FF website to help. Thanks for your quick and detailed response! Very much appreciated :)

My temps are often 'rocky' like that. So long as you can see a shift showing o occurred. If you had a positive opk today likely o tomorrow!! Get :sex:

Hi Ladies,

My name is Amy and TTC with my fiancee.
I am over the moon happy and love him more than anything.
It's great that we are both on the same page with the whole marriage and kids stuff. Hence why we are trying already.

We have only just started since I have come off my pill.
So far my cycles have been right on time, so i am really hoping that i get that BFP.
I have been using the Fertility diary app on my windows phone where you can record everything from temp to CM.

I know my fiancee is all good as he got his ex pregnant when they were together but lost it.
I have been taking my temp and checking all the signs for the right time.

You girls will be the first to know (after my fiancee first. :D) if we have been successful.

I am looking forward to reading every ones journey and hearing lots of great stories and getting lots of helpful advice.

Welcome Milo and best of luck to you!!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->