Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

I'm a newbie too! Also irregular cycles, so I understand how frustrating it can be. I joined hoping to bring some peace and comfort to my mind while TTC. I hope you enjoy your journey!

Hey everyone!

This is my very first post. Been looking around for several weeks, and just decided to join and post. I'm not completely familiar with the terminology used just yet. :)
Hubbie and I have been TTC for 4 months now. First 2 cycles were 30 days, 3rd was 38 days and this last cycle has yet to appear, going on 44 days now. Taken several HPT's, all BFN's. Not exactly sure if I ovulated or not, so still holding out a little hope that maybe I'm pregnant?? I've read a lot of women saying that they tested negative for several weeks when they were actually pregnant. My doctor is not interested in seeing me for further eval until we've been TTC for 6-9 months.
I'm considering acupuncture... has anyone tried this? I also have some issues with migraines so I figured it was worth a try.

Welcome Segs! Well...i guess you could be preggers but you would think the tests would be positive by now if you are. Maybe you are having annovulatory cycles? that's very possible. I hope these next couple of months go by quick for you so you can find out or hopefully you get your bfp before that!!! :dust:
I've not tried acupuncture yet...will definitely consider it if this IUI we just did doesn't work out.

Hello Ladies,

I am also TTC my first. Tempting and using OPKs since last two months.
Just find something strange in my cycles since TTC. My cycles were usually 35 days but since we started trying I notice them longer - 40 days, 48 days with OPKs giving Positives on CD27 and CD 34 respectively. Have any of you experiencd the same?
Pls share. This is driving me crazy !!

Hey thanks for opening this. I am not sure if this is the right place for me to post but me and my fiance have been trying to conceive with no luck for the last year and a half. So I just needed to find somewhere with support because none of my friends ever have had problems and I cant tell most of my family we are even trying without then freaking out.

Oh I also have very irregular cycles. and the doctors don't know why. They have done blood test and as far as I know everything had come back normal. I haven't had a period since dec 24th and this seems to be the norm for me. I currently did get fertility tea about 3 weeks ago but no change yet. I don't know any off the terms on here yet but I am sure I will get it down eventually. I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago because I have been feel really strange, been nauseated on and off for no reason without feeling sick, my nipples are very very sensitive and I have been having like pressure down in my abdomen on and off. I talked to a friend she said sounds like pregnancy to me so I took a test but it came out negative. So I don't know whats going on. I just wish I was like the rest of my family who can just look at a guy and get pregnant.

Welcome new ladies! :dust:
I hope you get your BFP's very soon!!! You've come to the right place to vent! :hugs:

So my husband and I got married this past September and just started trying to conceive my last cycle, but I guess we started kind of late in my cycle as I got my period a few days after we started trying :dohh:

So currently CD2, my cycles have been irregular since stopping my 10years of taking the pill, although the last two have both been 47 days so maybe starting to regulate? Even tho they still seem too long....

No idea if I'm ovulating. But I had REALLY sore boobs and nipples about 1.5 weeks before AF so maybe ovulation? That was the first time I've experienced that. Feel like I've always been on the pill so barely know my own body/what's normal.

I have a bachelorette in two weeks so part of me wants to take a break until then but I also don't want to miss a possible cycle...Maybe I'll take a non-alcoholic wine over and re-label it, then order just soda at the bar/tell our waiter....just in case? Don't really want to tell anyone there we are trying as I'm only really friends with the bride.

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies! :dust:

TTCbabyisom,

Your IUI date is my birthday! Best of luck in your 2ww!!

So my husband and I got married this past September and just started trying to conceive my last cycle, but I guess we started kind of late in my cycle as I got my period a few days after we started trying :dohh:

So currently CD2, my cycles have been irregular since stopping my 10years of taking the pill, although the last two have both been 47 days so maybe starting to regulate? Even tho they still seem too long....

No idea if I'm ovulating. But I had REALLY sore boobs and nipples about 1.5 weeks before AF so maybe ovulation? That was the first time I've experienced that. Feel like I've always been on the pill so barely know my own body/what's normal.

I have a bachelorette in two weeks so part of me wants to take a break until then but I also don't want to miss a possible cycle...Maybe I'll take a non-alcoholic wine over and re-label it, then order just soda at the bar/tell our waiter....just in case? Don't really want to tell anyone there we are trying as I'm only really friends with the bride.

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies! :dust:

Welcome Moet! I hope you get your BFP quickly!!! Sounds like you need to start charting to get a handle on your cycle so you know when the optimal time is to BD! Temping is the only thing that confirms ovulation. If you're really in tune with your body though, you can tell about when it's happening. I was on the pill for YEARS too and finally got off of it May 2011. Doc said to wait 6 months before trying so we tried...got preggers first time in September. Couldn't believe it happened that fast for us. It didn't last though. It actually sounds like you need to give your body another month or two to try to regulate itself and then truly start trying. I say go have fun at this bachelorette party and drink the night away. This journey can really suck life out of a person and I want you to enjoy it a little more before you head down this road. :hugs:

I would try temping but I work shift work including nights so I would never be able to have a consistent time to temp.

I would try temping but I work shift work including nights so I would never be able to have a consistent time to temp.

as long as it's the same time every day, whether, noon or night, you will get a consistent chart. Can you not do that? Yeah, i know a lot of other people have trouble doing this when they work shift work. Sucky.

Has anyone got any symptoms or know what the symptoms are? I know they mirror AF but there must be some unique symptoms surely?

also (sorry for tmi) i've been quite wet down there and also when i have checked for cm i have had some white (like milk) cm,but not alot just on the tip of my finger. i don't know if ive always had this before or if its just because im noticing every little detail.

I got my positive OPK on CD16 and saw my EWCM on CD18 . we dtd every day up to my first positive and dtd CD18/CD19 . so hopefully there was enough up there to catch my eggy. I'm now just wondering that if i ovulated on CD18 because i saw EWCM or if I ovulated and then got it! so confusing and im new to this so sorry for going on guys!

any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

x

Just joined this site. Very overwhelming. Not sure where to start.
TTC 6 months AF 4 days early :growlmad:
If anything I am normally late a day or 2 *sigh*

Has anyone got any symptoms or know what the symptoms are? I know they mirror AF but there must be some unique symptoms surely?

also (sorry for tmi) i've been quite wet down there and also when i have checked for cm i have had some white (like milk) cm,but not alot just on the tip of my finger. i don't know if ive always had this before or if its just because im noticing every little detail.

I got my positive OPK on CD16 and saw my EWCM on CD18 . we dtd every day up to my first positive and dtd CD18/CD19 . so hopefully there was enough up there to catch my eggy. I'm now just wondering that if i ovulated on CD18 because i saw EWCM or if I ovulated and then got it! so confusing and im new to this so sorry for going on guys!

x

Welcome girls. Best of luck to you both!!!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

x

Thanks Babyisom :kiss: Nice to be so welcomed, everyone has been so kind. Are you temping or charting? would be really interested to hear if you are and how things are going for you? I'm thinking about temping next month x

Melikahb, it's so stressful isnt it hun? When we first started trying back in Nov, I was 2 days late and then in Dec 5 days! and I AM NEVER LATE !:nope: Jan and Feb seemed to be okay though.

Just have to stay strong, supportive and united. It will happen

:dust: to you all
xx

x

Thanks Babyisom :kiss: Nice to be so welcomed, everyone has been so kind. Are you temping or charting? would be really interested to hear if you are and how things are going for you? I'm thinking about temping next month x

Melikahb, it's so stressful isnt it hun? When we first started trying back in Nov, I was 2 days late and then in Dec 5 days! and I AM NEVER LATE !:nope: Jan and Feb seemed to be okay though.

Just have to stay strong, supportive and united. It will happen

:dust: to you all
xx

:) Yes, temping, charting, all of it! About to stop temping i think for this cycle though so it doesn't stress me out. Check out my signature block, you can click on my chart to see my journey and history of it. I think charting is very helpful. It's the only way to truly confirm ovulation. you should give it a try!

:dust:

Hi everyone! Have you guys ever spotted before AF and then spotted before your BFP? Last Sunday I had a sharp pain in my right side and then went to the ladies and had a drop of blood. Continued spotting brown for 3 or 4 days. AF is due on Monday. So frustrating! GL everyone!

Hello ladies!

I am 32 and my hubby is 29. We got married last June. We have only just started TTC. I am CD 13, have only just started OPKs 2 days ago (it's possible I may have missed it) so no idea when I O, or if I am already a few dpo. I have a cycle between 23 and 27 days, so it might be a nightmare to pin point. We have bd'd the 2nd, 3rd and 4th and will again tonight. So fingers crossed we have guessed the window right! :-k

Anyone else in a similar situation? Can't wait to be a mama and make some other mama friends.:winkwink:

hi ladies. i need some help, or maybe i just need to vent! i'm currently on CD33. My longest cycle since I started tracking them back in June was 31 days. I want to be excited, however I took a HPT on CD 31 in the late afternoon (got a little overzealous), and got a BFN. I took it because out of all 8 months I had tracked so far, only one other cycle was 31 days. So I thought I would try because I just couldn't help myself!! I was getting too excited & I figured, I had only bought it at the dollar store & I had 2 other ones. What was the harm?! BFN. then the next morning, I woke up with no AF yet again & thought, well, i'm officially late, so maybe yesterday was too soon. I also thought, maybe if I use first morning pee like it recommends, maybe it will detect it. So yesterday, CD32, first thing in the morning, I took my second dollar store HPT - still BFN!! But here I am, CD33, no AF, but I refuse to take another HPT for another couple of days since I just had 2 days in a row of BFN!! I haven't really been feeling any symptoms of pregnancy, but I haven't really felt any AF symptoms either. The only thing is that for the past 4-5 days, I've had minor cramping on my lower left side, similar to menstrual cramps, but not as bad. Also, when I get menstrual cramps, it's usually on both sides. Also, I usually have some spotting 1-2 days before AF - no spotting whatsoever. I'm actually afraid i'll see spotting every time I use the bathroom!! The weird thing is, I tried temping this month for the first time - never saw a spike, but when I saw my gyn 2 weeks ago & i expressed my concerns w/ that, she said she's almost positive that I am ovulating b/c my cycles are way too normal to not be. So, in one way, I feel like maybe the temping thing was user error, but in another way, I feel like it's just wishful thinking! has anyone else with a typically regular cycle ever had anything like this??? i'm going nuts over here!! haha. any thoughts or advice welcome!!!
PS, sorry for the novel of a post!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->