• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

congratulations babyjules!!!! I love hearing how people initially got BFN's then a few days later a BFP.. makes me hopeful right up until the day AF arrives :thumbup:Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!!

This is a great idea! Its my first time of trying and 8 months later still getting now where :( but thanks for making one for me to feel comfortable in

Hi all,

We should have our first try at self insemination this weekend, expecting a BFP on Sunday :happydance: .

We have read and re-read so much information about the process; what-to-do, what-not-to-do... it can all be a little bit daunting. At the moment the NEED to get it right and not fail because we did it wrong is kinda overwhelming (I mean, what if my other half spills the sperm en route to the bedroom :dohh:)... (yes that has been a real concern discussed)

There is also a lot of conflicting advice floating about. I know these questions have been asked.... and answered a million times and more, but....

--> How long should we wait between ejaculation and insemination? I know
the sperm has to liquefy, but some say 15 mins max others say 30 mins.

--> How many times in a cycle should insemination occur and on what days?
We were advised the night before and the morning of ovulation, but have
also read that 2 days before, day before and the day of is better.

--> Does time of day matter?

--> We have heard that the pressure of trying to conceive can have a
negative effect. Is it a good idea to make it a "no talk zone" for a
couple of days before?

Thank you in advance for taking time to help us out, We are super excited about this. We have talked about this for over a year and wanted to be in the best place possible to do this.

Good luck to you all who are going through the same journey, however far along you are in the process. We wish you all the love and success in the world

L & M xx

You know what, Im always TTC, 6 lonnnnnnng years now and every month Im back here reading through peoples threads. Ohhh just happen pleeeeeeeeease! Do i need to add a face to show my feelings??/ haha thought not!!

Welcome :wave: to the new ladies!!

CONGRATS :happydance: BABYJULES!!

7dpo an feeling tired all the time eating like mad and breasts a lil tender gettin very slight cramps and feel very bloated, its way 2 early to test but othe sighns are light headedness an occoasionally feeling sick, some times i wonder if i imagine all these cos im wanting our baby so bad,,, tww seems to last a eternity whats the best days to test if im only 7dpo,

Hi Janice.

Im in exactly the same boat, Im 8 dpo, all aches, pains, bloated, heartburn, sore nipples. I only just realised today that I ovulated on day 11 so I can test in 5 days!! We have been trying for 6 years now and Ive started taking fertilaid, my doc said its worth a try, the last time I used it a year ago I got my first positive but it ended in a chemical pregnancy.... Im feeling all them familiar feelings again! :wacko:

JANICE and LISA, those symptoms sounds sooo very promising! I sure hope this is the start of some bfps!!! :dust:

AFM... I am CD8 and hoping that OV on time. I had a longer cycle after MC so hopefully cycle #2 is a little better if not back on track. This cycle I had a couple of heavy days, which was totally abnormal for me. Normally I have short, and med-light flow. I just hope that the OV happens in about a week. We have the "donation" dates all set up, just to cover bases. We will have more this month. I am not sure about my chart however, it is gearing up to look a little strange already. GL Ladies! :dust:

Hi MrsMM24,

Thanks for your reply, I usually have the slight symptoms but this time it's so different. I will keep you all posted, please can you all do the same???

Good Luck to everybody who's in the same boat!

i dont know if this is a symtom lol but i am getting quite bad stabbing cramps 1 about every 20 mins i look 6 month preg and this is the funnny one i keep getting sharp stubbing pains up my bottom lol any ideas or am i finally goin crazy lol

good luck! have a good vacation!

JANICE, have a fun, relaxing, and safe Hol!! :flower:

Today...CD10, I saw a hint of a pink line on the OPK this morning (hard squinting). We are going to call and move the donations up 1-2 days. Predicted OV is on the 16th and we want to cover a few days just to cover the bases a little more this month. Prior to MC I was OV on CD14 or 15 and the 16th will be CD18, I OV’d CD 20-21 last cycle…. I started using OvuView app on my phone last cycle, and interestingly, it said the best time to use OPKs is between 2-8pm. That I haven’t heard before. I guess I have it covered, as the clinic said first thing in the morning and I have been doing the morning and evening. I have been checking my cervix as well and I think it’s going to take a minute to get use to. I still check CM. Thanks to a dear BNB friend (NY), I began the baby aspirin last night, tussin, Primrose, and B-6, I am probably going to be ridiculously FERTILE! :haha: Next week can’t get here fast enough!!!! FXD! :dust: :dust:

My husband and i are trying to conceive!! How can i keep myself from getting my hopes up!? This is only our first month of trying and i know that it normally takes a lot longer then one month to conceive the little miracle. i'm 8 dpo and AF is due on the 14th of this month.. I know this "excitment" i'm feeling will crash when i get my period because i don't feel any different then normal, i'm only noticing that for some reason i'm breaking out more then normal, but i know that thats from AF... what are some ways i can relax my emotions to not get so hung up with wanting that BFP!! please help me!

i've been ttc for 1.2 yrs now and believe me i've never found a way to relax or get rid of the stress caused by waiting past the ovulation ! it's really hard.. but hang on! some people i know got pregnant as soon as they tried.. but others it wasn't that easy..as for me i'll have to make a laparoscopic surgery this month in order to see my tubes ..anyone had it done before?

My husband and i are trying to conceive!! How can i keep myself from getting my hopes up!? This is only our first month of trying and i know that it normally takes a lot longer then one month to conceive the little miracle. i'm 8 dpo and AF is due on the 14th of this month.. I know this "excitment" i'm feeling will crash when i get my period because i don't feel any different then normal, i'm only noticing that for some reason i'm breaking out more then normal, but i know that thats from AF... what are some ways i can relax my emotions to not get so hung up with wanting that BFP!! please help me!

Welcome:wave:!!

There is no easy way to wait and enter this process. TTC is one of the hardest things I have done and had to deal with. My only suggestion is to read, and get familiar with everything you possibly can!! Occupy yourself. FXD and :dust: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-1/two-week-...-counting.html SEPTEMBER THREAD!

Welcome :wave: NADA I have not had this done, but I know plenty of ladies on here that have and from what i gather, it is not a bad situation... GL FXD!

Hi girls,

Can anybody enlighten me where to click so I start a topic in this forum? I would like to talk and ask about ovulation and hormones. I'm new here so I am not sure how this works ...:comp:

Many thanks :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->