Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hello! I just found this website today and am excited to talk to others about what we are going through. I am really hessisitant to talk to family and friends just yet (althought I have told a few close family memebers and friends that we are "trying").

We have been TTC for a month now and I was so dissapointed when AF came. O should be coming this weekend, last month it came a little later than I had expected, but we were using ovulation tests (I am not sure what the abbreviation for that is yet, lol).

Hopefully things go well this time :)

Good luck to everyone TTC out there! :flower:

Hey Ladies!
I'm glad I found this forum. I stumbled upon it because I have been TTC #1 for about a year and a half. My husband and I are both 31. We have been together for several years, but decided to try when we turned 30. After a year, we started talking to doctors. I have done the HSG and pelvic ultrasound, everything was normal. My husband went to be tested, and has a low sperm count. So now we are working on getting that up. Any helpful words and suggestions are welcome!

Welcome and good luck! If you don't mind me asking, how do you work on getting a higher sperm count? Is it different habits or medication driven? (I just have no idea how the process works and wanted to know more).

^
Yes, a few changes can help. He started taking vitamins daily and quit smoking. He is going to get tested again next week to see if it helped.

Hello Ladies.
After almost a year reading this forum I thought I'd join. Seems like nobody else understand what I'm going through. Long story short. Hubby and I (25&26) have been ttc for almost 2 years. No luck yet. NEVER been pregnant.Never been on bc either. Both are healthy. His sperm count is great and I'm perfectly healthy too that's what drives me nuts! When I went for testing at the fertility clinic I was HOPING they'd find something wrong with me. Yes I'm that desperate. But NADA! :( just had my 4th iui. Bfn :( I don't know where to go from here. I thought I'd join to have somebody to talk to who UNDERSTANDS and doesn't tell me to "relax! It will happen. You're trying to hard!" meh...anyway. This is my story. Still keeping my head up because life is good :)

Hey everyone!

I suppose it's time to speak up after stalking the forum for a while, haha! My husband (26) and I (24) are currently TTC number one, and have been NTNP since we got married November of 2009. Last March I was diagnosed with PCOS by a great doctor, and was put on BC for three months to see if it would help kick my ovaries out of herpaderp mode.

Then, about a month before my return appointment to see how things were going, some life circumstances changed and the hubby and I ended up moving across the country (Tennessee to Oregon!). Then there were financial issues and employment issues and now things are finally getting back on track enough that we're getting that look in our eyes again...the one where he glances at my bedside charting calendar and says "Where are we at tonight?" instead of falling asleep straight away, haha!

I've always kept a calendar of cycles, but this is my first month doing BBT charting, so I guess we'll see how that goes. Since going off the BC my cycles are going progressively longer and longer. Three months of an exact 28 day cycle, followed by a 35 day cycle, then this AF was three weeks late! If PCOS were a person I'd totally punch it. :haha:

Hiya,
Me and my partner have been waiting to try to conceive for a while now but we've decided this month is the month we're gonna go for it :) My partner has a lil boy (almost two years old) from a previous relationship and me and him get on brilliantly, it's fantastic! He's abso fab with other kids and I can't wait until we can give him a lil brother or sister.
We're both so excited! I've never tried charting my cycle so going to give it a go, read up on things now. I stopped taking my pill so haven't really got a clue how long my cycle is. It used to be anywhere between 23 and 35days! I think I'm going to drive myself crazy with testing!
Anyway, good luck ladies and I hope to get to know you over the next few weeks /months. Here's hoping that we're not on this board for long :)

Hello all!

After a lovely welcome in the intro thread I'm really glad to find this for us first timers...hubby (38) and I (30) have been trying for 3 months now, unfortunately had a Chemical pregnancy over weekend, but we're keeping our chins up and going to keep going for it.
I was about to cancel this mornings app having my old amalagam fillings changed to white monday morn as we thought we were definitely preg, but as it turns out I've had two of them done this morning, I don't know if having half a numb mouth will come through on my posts but if it does apologies!!!

Welcome to the board, maddiex and hastbury!

May your time here be brief and your BFP's definitive! Lol. It was the best I could come up with off the top of my head.

maddiex -- I may be a special case, as I have PCOS and have only ever been on the pill for 3 months, but when I stopped taking it my cycles stayed exactly to the day as they were when I was on the pill (at least until PCOS kicked in, hah!). May not be much help, but it was my experience anyway.

hastbury -- Sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy. At least you got the dentistry out of the way before your true little bean comes along, right? Also, the numb mouth comment made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Hello everyone!! We are TCC our first and I'm praying that this is our month!! 2 more days before the :witch: is due! So keeping our fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone here! Hopefully we all get what we're wishing for soon!! :flower:

Lots of baby dust to you, NikkiS! Hope this is your month, and your stay with us is brief. =)

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and very new to forums so if I'm not too great with the acronyms please forgive me!

I was diagnosed with IBS-D in 2009 as a result of standard testing ie: blood work, stool samples, and a colonosopy. I have been pretty successful managing it with OTC anti-diarrhea medication since.

I am 24 years old and my significant other and I are planning on starting TTC for the FIRST time in January. I am concerned however, because as of July I have had an attack in the middle of the night once a month where I wake up with the following symptoms: severe abdominal cramping that radiates into my back, diarrhea, vomiting, and uncontrollable chills. I am trying to get into my GI doctor but the earliest appointment is December which is clearly only one month before TTC!!

We have really been on the path to conceive ie: eating healthy, exercising, getting it all on the right path and I wanted to begin prenatal vitamins as well. Now, I feel like maybe I should wait on the vitamins because I have had 3 attacks like that in the past 4 months.

Has anyone on here dealt with TTC and IBS-D. I'm almost thinking/hoping these attacks are just from anxiety about conceiving. We are not going into this tracking ovulation or anything and maybe that has me so nervous. I worry about going into it was such a lax attitude. Everyone around me is having a hard time getting pregnant, or they can't. It makes me scared that we are waltzing into this thinking we will just get pregnant right away. I don't know ladies. My IBS-D has me on edge, and these attacks are making me nervous. Does anyone think it is a bad idea to go forward with our plans TTC in January without figuring out these attacks first??

Again, I apologize I am very new at this. Any advice would be WONDERFUL!
Thank you!!

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, haha!

In my opinion, it does kind of sound like anxiety/stress. Are you worried because you don't plan to ever chart/track ovulation, or just because you haven't yet? Because as close as January is, there's still plenty of time to get some preliminary data if that's what's bothering you. Heck, I don't plan to get serious about this until around that time, but I am charting...to be fair the data will give my doctor some info on how my body is acting and that's my reasoning.

If you think it's just stress -- try to relax. This is a good thing! It will be okay.

You and me:
I have crohn's disease, do you know if you have inflammatory or irritable bowel? They are different. Until I got myself medically stabilized my doc did not recommend we try. When I wasn't stable if I ate high fiber or trigger foods I remember waking at night with a swollen painful stomach, nausea, diarrhea, etc. It was stressful being told to wait ( we had to wait two years and I am now 31),however once You get stable you may not have these episodes. Also you may have a less severe case and you may be able to control it some with diet. Are you seeing a gastroenterologist? I would take your concerns to them, they can offer different treatment options that might be safe while you are ttc. I hope that helps some. Good luck to you! :)

Hi Everyone,

I am going back and forth between this forum and the waiting one because I don't know where I belong. My husband and I (both 26) started TTC last year but I was not having regular cycles. After 3 months of clomid and 1 IUI, we decided to take a break. The stress was taking its toll on my health.:cry: Now my cycles have become normal again and we will begin trying in Dec.:happydance: I am excited but I am so scared that nothing will happen again and I will relive all those dark days from before.

Here is to hoping we all have our bundles of joy in the next year!

Hi all! New here. We are in month 2 of ttc. Had a positive opk on the 10th and had a little bleeding this morning. Got freaked out, went searching for answers, and found this site! So hi everyone!

Hi all! New here. We are in month 2 of ttc. Had a positive opk on the 10th and had a little bleeding this morning. Got freaked out, went searching for answers, and found this site! So hi everyone!

Possibly implantation bleeding? :shrug: Fxxx for ya

:dust:

Thanks. I'm hoping so too! Just seemed a little early!

hello, am new to this forum and not too sure how to use it haha. Sorry if Ikeep posting the same thing :wacko:

Hi Everyone,

I am going back and forth between this forum and the waiting one because I don't know where I belong. My husband and I (both 26) started TTC last year but I was not having regular cycles. After 3 months of clomid and 1 IUI, we decided to take a break. The stress was taking its toll on my health.:cry: Now my cycles have become normal again and we will begin trying in Dec.:happydance: I am excited but I am so scared that nothing will happen again and I will relive all those dark days from before.

Here is to hoping we all have our bundles of joy in the next year!

Goodluck, we've been trying for 18 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->