Welcome to 'Trying To Conceive Over 35'

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by Wobbles, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jules00

jules00 New Member

Hello everyone this is my first time posting on a forum. My names Jules I’m 35 years old with 2 boys 12 and 8 from a previous marriage. My partner now has no children and we have been together 3 years. We’ve been TTC for only 2 months and I’m currently in the 2WW it’s driving me crazy and it’s all I think about. Looking forward to chatting to yous xxxx

2. elsa1mammy

elsa1mammy New Member

When to have sex to get pregnant? What says SmileReader?
    Once an egg is released, it has 24 hours to get fertilized before it dissolves. However, sperm can live for up to 5 days inside a woman. From 5 days before ovulation through the day of ovulation is the Fertile Window. According to Dr. Wilcox, the likely hood of conceiving is distributed for a total of 6 days including the ovulation day. You can increase your chances of getting pregnant if you have more than one relationship during this six-day period. SmileReader tells you two or three days with the most likely to be pregnant with a smiling baby. If you are planning on getting pregnant, do not miss the day when you see and heard the smiley baby!
    To get free ovulation tests to go to smilelab.co/promotion

3. mimi4

mimi4 Well-Known Member

jules00 - welcome and good luck x

4. Medic12

Medic12 Active Member

Hi! I’ve been searching for this thread lol!
    Long story short husband and I came together late in life, been together 5 years, and between us have a total of 5 children, 1 together, 4 daughters and 1 son who is 2. 1 daughter is grown and moved away.
    So, Im currently 44 and have a history of miscarriage :( but I try not to be discouraged, my last pregnancy was very successful. I’m looking for a supportive group, I have a friend who is very discouraging, she’s asking me why bother when my age will likely cause a Mc anyway???
    Took an ovulation test today and lh is increasing yay! Currently NTNP, but excited about potential

5. DanniC

DanniC New Member

Thanks for this TTC at 38 and feeling quite alone. Friends and family pregnant or with little ones all around me and love spending time with them but need a place to vent!

6. Neversayno

Neversayno Member

Hi all! new to this forum but not new to the site! I was on here 10 years ago TTC baby no.1 and had little boy in November 2011. I still speak to ladies I met from here we have all remained close its lovely!

Anyway back here again after 8 years long story short. been separated from C's dad for 5 years, couple of on off relationships then rekindled first love been a bit rocky along the way! now I'm not saying we were or were not TTC I had a break off the pill and went back on it briefly...anyway had my last period 22 May, we dtd weekend of 6/7 June (he can only visit weekends at the moment) and I've just had a few familiar niggles the last couple of days, not signs of period the more niggly ones...tested today and starting obsessing over whether its an EVAP or a very very faint early line. THIS WAS NOT FMU IT WAS ABOUT 4PM TODAY

Posted to my 2011 mummies and most of them say line, what do you guys think?

7. caz & bob

caz & bob Well-Known Member

hi ladies well dont no whats going on with me may i didnt see af thorught may i got me bfp i done a test well about 10 diffrent ones all very faint they was done a doctors test that was neg had bloods done thats was neg but i do have a cyst on me ovary well af ended up coming on 9th june bleed 4 days then today at dinner went toilet bleeding again not a lot i did a test to just see it was 2 lines then done another neg so i phone the doctore im not due af yet till 6th july i do have lower tummy pain and back pain doctors give me 3 days of antibiotics she thinks i have a water infection i also have like a heavy feeling down there just dont no whats going on unless its the cyst causeing all me problems xx xxx

8. Kiwiberry

Kiwiberry Mommy to 3 miracles

It could be the cyst sweetheart, I have had ovarian cysts in the past that have given me positive tests, although very faint. They turned to :bfn: shortly before the bleeding started. It also threw off my cycle.

9. caz & bob

i new it was this cyst cant wait have it removed did you have yours removed love x x x

10. Kiwiberry

They checked them for cancer but always just told me I'd start bleeding soon & to wait it out. How do they remove them? I hope it won't be painful for you :hugs:

Sadly I think i have another cyst now :(.

11. caz & bob

ho have you still got your our have they gone on there own i have to have keyhole surgery to remove mine x x x

12. Kiwiberry

I've never had to have them removed, they've all gone on their own. I suspect the one I have now will do the same when it's ready. I just want my cycle to get back to normal so I can stop worrying.

13. caz & bob

ho thats good thats what they thorght mine would do fx it does i hope it does any how :lol: mine is like a dangley cyst they said to me x x x x

14. Kiwiberry

That sounds awful hunny :hugs:

15. caz & bob

paining at the minute feeling pressure down there at the minute just can wait have it removed :)

16. caz & bob

hi ladies hope your all well fx for all who are testing :dust: