Welcome to 'Trying To Conceive Over 35'

Hello everyone,

I am Nat, just turned 43 a month ago. I am 5 days into my 2ww on my first cycle ttc #3.
Not expecting much because I was late ovulating and may have missed my window entirely.

Hello everyone,

I am Nat, just turned 43 a month ago. I am 5 days into my 2ww on my first cycle ttc #3.
Not expecting much because I was late ovulating and may have missed my window entirely.

Welcome Nat. I will say a little prayer for you. You know those little swimmers can last up to 6 days, or so, so you never know. :)

Thank you, I hope so because if I am not pregnant I might need to get some things checked out.

Thank you, I hope so because if I am not pregnant I might need to get some things checked out.

Are you on pre-natal vits and folic acid/folate? Don't stress too much if you did miss the window.

I actually bought myself some Progesterone cream to use. I am praying for a sticky bean this time! It won't hurt to get some to help in case you do conceive.

This 2ww is so tough for us ladies. I sometimes wish we didn't know so much, because then we wouldn't go so crazy in that time. Granny just arrived for me, so in 2 weeks time we will be ttc. I gave my husband "the schedule" last night. :blush: He said we must book in somewhere for those nights, or let our daughter stay somewhere as she tends to "sleep-walk" her way to our room every night lol But how do you ask your parents to take your chld for a few nights because you want to make a baby :haha:

All the best to you. Please update when you can :)

Thank you, special magic baby dust to you in two weeks also. I am currently 7dpo. I have a lot of cramping but the spotting seems to have eased off. I am just trying to relax and enjoy still enjoying my one cup of coffee because if I get pregnant I will have to give it up :p

Hello Natty J,
I was sipping on my coffee while reading your thread. 😊 I'm also 43. (Jan) I had late ovulation as well, cramping and I'm 9 days dpo. The first day of my last period was Feb 11. I've never been longer than 28 days. It's all so terribly confusing. Crossing my fingers for you and for me.

Hey! Thanks! 13dpo. Spotting still here, still spotting now after 8 days it is really getting tiresome but I don't know, I guess I am in such good spirits at the moment I am just waiting to see :)

Forgive me for my ignorance. This is my first time TTC. I've had no spotting at all. A weird discharge. Just cramps and what feels like a "ghost period." I feel like I'm flowing but there is nothing happening. I've never encountered such a thing before , ever. Is cramping and spotting more common at our age? I feel bloaty, gassy, and full in my pelvic area. I feel this incredible sense of peace and optimism. Something very different than the norm is happening with me. I'm just not entirely sure what that is.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice you might have. Thank you

I really don't know if spotting (as in implantation bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy) is more common in older women OR whether it is just the hormonal imbalances and such that are more common making you more prone to spotting which is more common?

I am a very bad example as I had a little mid cycle spotting (post AF/Before Ov) in December and had a gyne exam and ultrasound scheduled. Unfortunately the ultrasound coincided with my AF so although normally not a problem, she said she couldn't tell whether the blood clot in my uterus was just my AF or a polyp.

So although I have never in my life (except perhaps in my first pregnancy, I had a bit of spotting, thought I had AF at first) had 8 days of spotting, it could be a side effect of a possible polyp.

The only thing that gives me hope though is it is very suspicious that I didn't have any spotting at all between end of AF and CD21. If it was a polyp, why would it suddenly start shedding at CD21? Bit weird.

So, I have a weird little hope left, though it is only a fraction, because my body is acting different, I have decided to just wait and see how the temps go these next two days. I wish I could be more helpful though.

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing now? Everyone has gone a little quiet.

My ttc journey has to wait until after June. I will be having a polyp removed and tons of blood tests will be done at the same time. They think that I have sticky blood, so will have to make sure before we try so that doc can give me the correct treatment in order to try and avoid another loss, as much as possible anyway.

Looking forward to hearing from you all. xo

Hey! Good luck with the polyp removal, I might end up in the same boat actually but not sure yet. I will keep ttc this month and we will see what they will see at the next ultrasound scan.

Due to ovulate next week so just taking my vits and trying to be patient. x

Hey! Good luck with the polyp removal, I might end up in the same boat actually but not sure yet. I will keep ttc this month and we will see what they will see at the next ultrasound scan.

Due to ovulate next week so just taking my vits and trying to be patient. x

All the best for next week Nat. The more I read about what people experience, the more I realise how much of a miracle it is to get pregnant and go home with a baby (as my doctor says). :)

Keep me updated, I can't wait to hear the good news! :)

Thank you Angelique,

I am at Ov day now, just hoping I will have luck with month, I stopped taking the herbs, don't think they were doing me good.

Natty, I am praying for you that this is your month!

We normally get it first shot lol I don't get up for 90 minutes after. Maybe the tip helps you. Oh, and a pillow under my bum hahahahaha it really works though.

All the best. xo

Hi Everyone!

New here, new to IVF , too many things in life and it's going round and round in my head. Looking to learn some success stories and keep my hope. Just turned 35.5 ,3 months ago while trying for IUI DH's sperm motility being low nothing viable was retrieved, OB said it would be a miracle if you ever get pregnant without help :-(
So we got started with the journey of multiple hospital visits and calls .

My FSH - 11.6 , AMH - 0.6, HbA1C - 5.7 - prediabetic: they are alarmed by my stats. I have been extremely healthy all my life and gained 10 lbs in the last 6-8 months mostly over winter.

I just started my BCPs( OCPs) , taking DHEA - 25mg am 50mg pm, COQ10 400mg and prenatal. Stems will be starting 7/3 and I'm hell scared, don't want to say at work, I don't know if any of you had success with stars like me . Any other supplements that has helped you through the process please do share.

I'm trying to walk 2x/week and weight train 30 mins 2x/week. Little did I know losing weight in 30s is so hard.
Girls please share anything and everything.

P.S. - how do you all add that stats bar at the bottom ? Looking forward to hear back !

Hi Everyone!

New here, new to IVF , too many things in life and it's going round and round in my head. Looking to learn some success stories and keep my hope. Just turned 35.5 ,3 months ago while trying for IUI DH's sperm motility being low nothing viable was retrieved, OB said it would be a miracle if you ever get pregnant without help :-(
So we got started with the journey of multiple hospital visits and calls .

My FSH - 11.6 , AMH - 0.6, HbA1C - 5.7 - prediabetic: they are alarmed by my stats. I have been extremely healthy all my life and gained 10 lbs in the last 6-8 months mostly over winter.

I just started my BCPs( OCPs) , taking DHEA - 25mg am 50mg pm, COQ10 400mg and prenatal. Stems will be starting 7/3 and I'm hell scared, don't want to say at work, I don't know if any of you had success with stars like me . Any other supplements that has helped you through the process please do share.

I'm trying to walk 2x/week and weight train 30 mins 2x/week. Little did I know losing weight in 30s is so hard.
Girls please share anything and everything.

P.S. - how do you all add that stats bar at the bottom ? Looking forward to hear back !

Which bar are you looking to add? Fertility friend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->