Well I have had to give up work.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Cat, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Its still about 6 weeks before I can start claiming maternety benefit but my hips are making it to hard for me to carry on. Most of the glasses are very low down in the pub and its to hard for me to bend over and get then. And its really crowded for me to squeeze round collecting glasses, cant put the trays in the washer cause they are to heavy, and dont even get me started on the smoke.

I had a 6 hour shift on Saturday and I had to leave early after hobling around like an old woman, so Im now unemployed.

2. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Aww sweetie how horrible for you, but it will be for the best as there is no point putting up with pain if you can help it

I'll bet you'll feel much better out of a smoky enviroment as i know you were a bit worried about it

Can't you just get your Gp to put you on sick rather than pack it in then at least you still get some money for 6 weeks?

3. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

Oh no what a bummer :hugs:

If you're not doing too well though it's for the best and 6 weeks will fly by.

Cx

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Well luckily Ihave always tried to have a buffer in my bank account, so Iwill manage till my benefit can start. Unfortunatly I cant get any sickness benefit cause I worked less than 16 hours a week, and I was not contracted so not entitled to anything, and OH earns to much for me to get any sort of incapacity benefit.

5. Kina

Kina Well-Known Member

It's for the best hon, although it will make things tight for a few weeks at least it means you're not working in pain any more.

6. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

Sorry to hear youve had to give up work, but is probably for the best. I was counting the weeks until mat leave and was even cnsidering getting signed off sick and claiming on income protection policy but since I seen physio and have got special belt to support hip area and crutches am coping much better. Am hoping to carry on working as long as poss as I'm main earner. DH is stay at home daddy. :D If things get too uncomfortable its well worth seeing GP for physio refferal. Hope things settle down for you and you enjoy Christmas.

7. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Aww Cat, but in a way it gives u time with ur DIY obsession :wink: