Well, would you believe it?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by cupcake, Sep 1, 2009.

1. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

Today was first day of daycare and this year instead of being rocked to sleep in his stroller the babysitter said she was going to have them sleep on crib mattresses on the floor.
    My LO sleeps in my bed and I cant never get him to go down by just putting him there and rubbing his back but what do you know....
    took her 1/2 and hour a little crying and he slept on the mattress, no rocking needed.
    what am i doing wrong?:dohh:

2. Mrs-N

Mrs-N Mummy to Joshua James

wow well done little man.

joshua still gets cuddled to sleep,ive tried settling him in his cot but he wont have any of it. x

3. Mrs-N

Mrs-N Mummy to Joshua James

wow well done little man.

joshua still gets cuddled to sleep,ive tried settling him in his cot but he wont have any of it. x

4. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

I think they see the other kids and want to do the same. My nephew was exactly the same. He needed to be pushed in his pram to get to sleep and he went down on the mats just the same. :)

5. dali

dali Well-Known Member

probably justthat when you are there he wants to be rocked / cuddles etc.. coz he loves you :) with you not there maybe he just accepted that he had to go to sleep without you :)
    glad he slept ok though, maybe when he gets used to doing it at nursery he will start to at home too ?