Went to a&e with lower abdominal pain (might be preggers on coil)

LeeLouClare

Reaction score
I've been having lower abdominal pain for a while like nagging little cramp pains I was fed up with, me and doctors went down a lot of routes to find out where the pain was coming from. In the end I elected to have my coil removed and change contreceptive just in case it was my coil bothering me. I've had it in since Feb 2013, pain started about 8 months ago. When the practice nurse at my local doctors tries to take the coil out I'm in agony at the beginning of the procedure, she hasn't even got chance to look for the coil before I'm begging her to stop.
I'm in so much pain I decide best route is a&e and the nurse agrees. I get to the hospital and I'm there hours having blood tests, urine tests and examinations. Until I'm finally moved to the gyni ward, where the doctor there does an internal examination and gets some swabs, he tells me as I'm on the table he can't see the coil at all. Then says he'll be right back. I get dressed and wait for any news. He tells me theres no obvious signs of infection but he can't find the coil and to top it of my blood tests have been returned and they show low levels of pregnancy hormones and the swabs he took from me internally echo that.
I'm off there again today to get a scan and more tests to find out if I'm actually pregnant and where the coil has gone.
I'm totally freakin out!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my! Hope your appointment went well x

Glad it went well. :hugs: That would have been scary. Did they figure out where the coil went and if you're pregnant or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->