Went to hospital with piles and came home with....

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
.....my baby boy.

It all started on Thursday 26th January. I was 3 days passed my due date and suffering with severe piles, which had left me unable to sit for about a week. I was well and truly at my wits end.

I had an antenatal appointment at 3pm and it was running late, as usual. When I saw the MW she said the consultant should see me because of the piles. So I waited some more and finally at around 4.30pm she took a look and said I needed to be admitted so the surgical team could take a look so to head up to maternity ward now.

We got to maternity ward and it was packed. So much so that they only had a private room free for me. I wasn't complaining :)
Then we were back to waiting. This time for the surgeon to arrive. After a few hours a MW came in to us to monitor baby. I had been getting BH and it was nice to see them registering on the machine.

Finally the surgeon arrived and said that there was not really much they could do. The best thing that could happen is for me to have the baby but as that didn't look likely, they would try a non evasive treatment the following day to see if it would improve things any.

So I decided to try and settle down for the night (it was now around 9/10ish). I was still getting the BH and they were quite noticeable, but I really didn't think that much of it. I sent DH home and tried to wind down.

Within about an hour I started to wonder if these BH were just BH. They seemed stronger now and were coming around every 3-4 mins but not lasting a min. I rang my DH to tell him that maybe something might be starting to happen. I said I'd give it half an hour and if things were still the same or gotten stronger I'd call the MW in.

30 mins later my DH had returned and the MW examined me to find my cervix was still way back and at 1, so nothing happening. She recommended pethedine and to try and get some sleep. So I got that at 12.50 and then things became a bit of a blur. I remember trying to sleep in between the waves of contractions. Trying to breath through them, having no sense of time but feeling like things were happening.

Finally the pains were getting too much so we called the MW in. It was now around 3.30 am. I told her the pethedine was not helping and that I couldn't sleep. She suggested maybe taking a bath or that I could go down to the labour ward to be monitored for a while. We decided to go to the labour ward. Another MW came to get us and asked if I needed a wheelchair or if I wanted to walk. It was only down a corridor so I thought I'd walk.

I swear that corridor got longer or something. It seemed to take forever to get there. I was thinking that we would get there only to discover I was like 2 cm or something, as both my other labours were slow like that. So I was shocked when she told me I was a good 6 to 7. I said I wanted an epidural, even though she seemed to think it might not help that much now, as I was nearly there and she believed that if my waters broke the baby would fly out.

It seemed like forever before the dr came to do the epi, but it actually wasn't that long and I was sucking on the gas and air to help. So he's talking through all the info and I'm there thinking just do it before my waters break or a baby pops out here. Finally he does it and starts the meds and I felt sooo relieved. This was short lived though, as the pain didn't go away.

Then my waters broke, like a flood too and everything became more intense. It was around 5am now and time to push. The MW and DH were trying to guess how quick he would arrive. However despite their optimism, he wasn't moving down like he should. Turned out that instead of having his chin down on his chest, he had his head up. The dr was called and a kiwi vacuum was used to try and help. Time was ticking by. I'd been pushing for over an hour. The dr finally said that if we couldn't get him out on the next contraction then she wanted me to have a c-section.

A section has always been a big fear of mine. At that point I knew I had to give it all I had. So I pushed like his and mine's lives depended on it. And then there he was....

Charlie arrived at 6.27am on January 27th weighing 9lbs 9oz.

I am so in love with him and he was worth every pain, every worry. He's a great feeder and has even given us a few easy nights.

So that's it. Our story. :D

Congrats!! What a great weight he was too. Glad you got him out without a section xx

Thanks Aimee. Me too. Was a bit rough but Everything worked out in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->