Weve given up smoking - support us or join us please

hi & welcome :)

i was mostly worried about quitting because i was the same - got grouchy & took it out on everyone!! :rofl: but this time i read the allen carr book - have quit over 3 weeks ago & no cravings/gouchyness or anger lol deffo read it, you have nothing to lose & its the same price as a pack of fags on amazon :) x

You guys are so strong- congratulations- your babies, families, friends and everyone around you thanks you! I know how difficult it can be (my mom went through 10 years of "trying to quit") way to go!!!

We managed to stop as soon as we found out I was pregnant, luckily it was enough determination for us both to not find it too difficult...
Sorry Im not much help, just wanted to say good luck!

just found this + wanted 2 say keep it up ladies i no how it is havin smoked 4 13 yrs bt am pleased 2 say have nt had one since feb 1st this year, so it is possible
xx

I've never smoked but just want to say well done all you ladies who are trying to give up/or are giving up or have given up!! :) xxx

I quit smoking while I was pregnant and recently have picked them up again from trying to self medicate with PND. So I am trying to quit ALL OVER AGAIN! Here goes nothin!

Hi well done. I was feeling guilty as I have just managed to kind of stop smoking and only have 3 months to go. My OH is still smoking which makes it difficult. I have been on and off for the last couple of months but managed to get it to 5 a day, but I haven't had any in 2 days. It's really difficult though. Before I was sneaking one or 2 out of my husband's packet when he wasn't looking. This would keep me going, but I realised a couple of days ago that I just keep torturing myself and my wee one and that I just need to go complete cold turkey. I really, really want one though. I have severe Pelvic girdle pain/ pubic dysfunction worsened because of an accident a few years ago - even the docs and physio say it's the worst they've seen. But I keep using this as an excuse for smoking, which I am trying to stop doing! Eg, I'm in pain so I'm allowed a ciggie!!!!! Which I know is not true! I want tom stay strong but it is sooooo hard when I keep just thinking about them. I am tending to try to go for a sleep when I can instead and then think right that's another couple of hours without....only X amount of time left in the day! It's like I am willing each day to end faster, until it gets easier!!! Arrggghhhh. We will get there! xxx

Hiya, I've quit smoking last December, after I saw my baby on my first ultrasound scan. I found out I was expecting in October last year, but I just couldn't stop smoking. I wasn't convinced that I was pregnant as I wasn't showing. Even when I heard the heartbeat on one of my MW appointments, I still wouldn't stop. My GP has told me off as he knew I'm a nurse so he said I should know better than to smoke during pregnancy. But when I saw my baby during the scan, that was my wake up call. There really is (or was since I've given birth a month ago) a life inside me. So i stopped. It wasn't easy. I still have cravings but I just have to feel my tummy and imagine my baby, then I'm calmed. So, I progressed through my pregnancy without cigarrettes. I even managed to convince my DH to stop as well. So both of us are "clean living" for almost 8 months now. But yesterday, first time after I gave birth, I had this strong urge to smoke. I've been fighting the craving. So, instead of me having a fag, I ate instead. And drank lots of coke. That helped. LOL x

Good luck to everyone! It's not easy to quit something when you're hooked to it. But all it takes it willpower. And emotional support from people who matters most. :thumbup:

I really need to quit before I TTC in about a year or two... :( On/off I've been at it for a few years now... hate myself for it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->