Weve given up smoking - support us or join us please

hey ladies,
hope everyones day has gone well! well day 2 for me ...and im still smoke free :)
as with yesterday - ive had no horrible cravings or stress attacks!! Although this evening i have felt a little bit ratty - but dont feel like i need or want a fag - just a little bad tempered & like ''something'' is missing.... allen carr says the first 3 days are the worst & that the withdrawral period is 3 weeks.

Fuzzy dont be so hard on yourself - i def recommend reading the book if you have not already :)

day 3 here i come!!!! well done to those on day 5 & 6!xx

I'm a dismal failure,and pretty digusted with myself right now. ](*,):brat::sad2:

I lasted up to about 12.30pm...then had to go and collect a parcel from local petrol station (courier too lazy to bring it to house...but that's another issue to rant about elsewhere!). And whilst I was there I bought a pack, almost on auto-pilot. :nope::nope::growlmad::hissy:

So, dragged Allen Carr back out of the bookcase when I got home, and dusted him off....bed-time reading for the next couple of days, see if he can help me as I clearly can't help myself. :growlmad:

Aw hun your not a failure your human :hugs::hugs: Just keep at it, thats one reason Im trying not to go to the shop as I agree its auto pilot to buy a pack.

Im still going strong though, thought the weekend would be really hard but I got through it. DH is on day 2 now and he got through a whole 13hr night shift without one so he is well pleased with himself :happydance:

Keep it up girls we are doing fab xxxx

Fuzzy - don't worry bout the blip but cone back n join us!!! This is prob my hundredth attempt at quitting during my 21 years as smoker!!

Nanomey - well done 3 days us great, r u using nrt or have you done it cold turkey??

My oh has done it cold turkey from start and hasn't Been ratty or anything I did cold turkey and very nearly killed him!!!

Can't believe I'm on day 7!! 10am thus morning and it's a week, I nearly cracked lady night god it was really difficult so I are a magnum 2 satsumas and a crumpet instead!!! Have decided to say Sod it to watching what u eat I can only tackle 1 issue at a time!!!

Good luck for today girls .. We can do it together

Hey, come on to post as this time in the am, as now is the break time between my older ones gone off to school (in a taxi) & me taking my younger one to nursery...so i normally spend this time having a cup of tea & a fag!

allyk im using Allen carrs 'easyway' he does not believe in using nrt. i had not even heard of his book until someone on here mentioned it & when i looked it up on amazon i was amazed to see the amount of 5* reviews!! (there are hundreds).

his book is a very easy read - he is very repetative, but he has to be to 'gel' it into your head! he uses pshychological & hypnotherical tactics to help your brain see a new light in 'quitting' - i was not very convinced, even at the end of the book i was telling my self i wasent sure if it had ''worked'' but it has oviously done something!!! & i never thought they would be an 'easy way' to quit!
even my otherhalf smokes, outside but i can smell him from a mile off & his fags are in the kitchen, im not jealous or tempted or even bothered!! hes reading the book at the moment & plans to finish it tonight.

i have taken notes from the book & pinned them to my kitchen cupboards for look at & read through if needs be....

*smoking is not a habit, it is a drug addiction*
*smoking does absolutely nothing for you*
*cigarettes ruin meals*
*there is no such thing as 'one' fag*
*do not envy smokers, pity them*
*remember the 'trap' fear is what makes quitting hard - the fags create the fear!*
*you are not depriving your self, you are escaping!!*
* do not use substitutes, they prelong the pangs*
*nicotine is not a food, it is a poison!*
*do not dout your decision to quit - do not punish your self!*
*turn withdrawral pangs into moments of rejoice - 'you are free!! yay!!'*

:)

Youve got to remember to eat right and get the nutrition. Loads of people dont know how.

forgot to add for those of you using nrt i have 2 boxes of 72 4mg lozenges, 40 inhalator cartridges (but no attual inhalor) & 5 21mg niquitin patches.
anyone wants me to post u any of them please ask as they i dont want to throw them away if they will save one of u a few pennies! :)x

I have to say one thing that I never thought id say!!!

I walked 4 miles today without having to gasp or feel out of breath it was so nice to be able to push LO fir a long walk all way through town and back

Might not sound like much if an achievement but I never used to walk anywhere coz my chest would hurt!!!

You are all such an inspiration- well done everyone!

Tomorrow is a new (quit) day for me!

day 4 for me :)

good luck fuzzy hope day 1 is going well!!!! other ladies you are doing fab!!! how are the cravings have they calmed down yet?

hubby read the allen carr book yesterday, he smoked his last fag at 5pm ... binned his other 15odd... and 2 hours later decided to go buy some more - and ''start' tomorrow'' he had 1 this am & has not smoked all day but just told me hes ''dying for one'' & wants to go to the shop.
the allen carr method has not had the same effect on him as it had on me as i honestly am not craving (im sorry!! i feel really mean as i know some of you are!)

every other time ive ever tried to quit it has been soooo hard & as awful as it is (and i am ashamed) i even smoked through my last pregnancy - but got very very stressed trying to quit!
im really hoping OH can do it too, we were in this together.... are you ladies quitting alone or have your OHs joined you??
:)

Good luck everyone...hope you're all staying strong :) xx

Ooo day 9!!! Never thought I'd make it this far, very nearly didn't !!! So badly wanted fag yesterday but I didn't, it's strange it's nit the nicotine I want it's the idea of having a fag I miss!!! Both oh n I could of had one but thank god we didn't.

Oh is actually the reason I quit, he was I'll (man flu) 3 weeks ago n didn't smoke for 5 days coz he felt so I'll, I said to him well you've pretty much quit now what's point in starting again!! N he didn't!!! I then decided to quit 5 days later.

It is much better if you can do it together as he was always my downfall , we used to go outside n smoke together.

Well done to all of us :)

Nanomey- when I've tried to quit before I've always thrown fags away but I didn't this time n think it's helped. It's like when your on diet n know you CANT have crisps chocolate etc so you don't have it in the house n all you want is crisps n chocolate!!! For me it's the same with fags if I haven't hot them i panic whether I want one or not, maybe you oh needs to do the same thing...

I'm attempting to quit ...
Not doing too good tbh :(

My OH smokes and we live with her Mum & Step-Dad atm who both smoke.

So, I haven't actually gone a day without one - YET!

I'm determined!!

I'm trying to quit before we TTC next cycle!!

Welcome Emmarhiannan

Have u tried alen Carr?? I didn't quit using his book but lots if others have.
I always used to think it was impossible to quit but I smoked 20 day for 21 years and after numerous attempts to quit over that time I'm now on day 10 of being smoke free
I fond it easier to say I'm smoke free rather than I don't smoke anymore as my brain seems to think I'm missing out in something!!!

Good luck

wooohooooo day 6 for me :D !!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

welcome Emma :) i have quit after reading the allen carr book, as allyk said above it has worked for alot of people!!!! unfortunatly not my OH though & he is still smoking but keen to quit & now wants the allen carr DVD!
allen carrs easyway is great though, it changes the way you think about smoking & i have had no bad withdrawrals or any cravings, (can attually stand with my other half & chat whilst he is smoking & i can honestly say i am not bothered & do not want one!! -before the book id have caved in after about 3 hours!)

well done allyk you are doing fab, keep it up!! wont be long before we are meeting the 1 month smoke free milestone!! untraining your brain is definatly the hardest thing - i keep stopping what im doing throughout the day & for a split seccond thinking that 'i need to just stop to do something quickly....' or walking home quickly from picking up dd from nursery - not sure why im rushing - untill i get in & realise why id normally rush...and even though im not even thinking about smoking - my brain is!!! ... that sounds confusing LOL... :wacko: as Mr carr says ''REMOVE THE BRAINWASHING'' .... and another from him - '' you are NOT depriving yourself you are escaping!''

i sound crazy lol :haha: ... or maybe just enthusiasic :thumbup:

:dohh:Oh I might have too purchase the book ...

It's bad I'm on this thread whilst actually smoking ... :dohh:

:dohh:Oh I might have too purchase the book ...

It's bad I'm on this thread whilst actually smoking ... :dohh:

That's not bad!! I started this thread whilst having a fag!!!

I have this book if you would like it? I didn't use it just went cold turkey. Pm me your address n I'll post it to you if you want?

Day 11 by the way wohoo!!!

Still going strong girls, havent been around much as Ive had a lot on but Im still not smoking after my little blip the other day. DH is on day 6 too so that is great xxx

YOU ALL CAN DO IT!!!

I smoked for 10 years, and quit almost 3 months ago. The hardest 3 months of my life!! I promise it gets easier and easier... DH and I quit together, so our biggest hurdle was creating memories that didn't involve us smoking. We had to see ourselves as non-smokers, in our heads. It's alllll a mind game, really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->