Weve given up smoking - support us or join us please

Well done nonomey , can't believe day 13 for me!!!
And day 19 for oh!! Am so proud of him!!

We has family party yesterday n that was difficult but we did it( got no nails left but we did it). :-D

I'm so determined.

I'm quite pleased with myself.

I'm leaving it as long as possible inbetween smoking.

So, then, by the time I have another one, it tastes awful.

Cos for some reason, if you leave it ages, it doesn't taste good.

So then, I think It takes horrible, makes me feel sick so I put it out after only about half!

WOOHOO!

I'm proud! haha

hey ladies just checking in to see how we are all doing... theres a few of us now!

had a bit of a moment last night when normally id be straight outside having a fag to ''calm down'' but although the thought crossed my mind- i didnt do it!

OH still smoking & im starting to really notice the horrible smell now - on him & on his clothes etc - have even pulled a few items out of my cupboards & had to put it in the wash as can smell what i uesd to smell like!! my senses are coming back :)

Hello .... can I join in please?! I'm Laura and I'm 28... and I am ...... a wannabe ex smoker!

Decided to quit smoking before I move in with my OH as he thinks I'm much less of a smoker than I was ..... but anyway I digress last one was on Saturday morning at 10am, so I make that day 4 today?!

Its tough though and any support appreciated!

Well done nonomey , can't believe day 13 for me!!!
And day 19 for oh!! Am so proud of him!!

We has family party yesterday n that was difficult but we did it( got no nails left but we did it). :-D

Keep going! You are doing great!!

I'm so determined.

I'm quite pleased with myself.

I'm leaving it as long as possible inbetween smoking.

So, then, by the time I have another one, it tastes awful.

Cos for some reason, if you leave it ages, it doesn't taste good.

So then, I think It takes horrible, makes me feel sick so I put it out after only about half!

WOOHOO!

I'm proud! haha

After a few weeks, I decided to myself "Hey, I've been a good girl, I can have just one!!" It tasted so nasty!!! I took one drag and put it out! Blech!! I can smell it on EVERYONE now, too. I work with a lot of smokers, and I never noticed it before (for obvious reasons :dohh:). I think to myself "OMG is THAT what I smelled like all the time??? GROSS!!"

Hello .... can I join in please?! I'm Laura and I'm 28... and I am ...... a wannabe ex smoker!

Decided to quit smoking before I move in with my OH as he thinks I'm much less of a smoker than I was ..... but anyway I digress last one was on Saturday morning at 10am, so I make that day 4 today?!

Its tough though and any support appreciated!

You can do it!! Set a date, tell everyone you know you are quitting, and stick to it! It also helps to set little rewards for youself along the way. We went out for a nice dinner at the one month mark, which was big for us, because a) we used all the money we WOULD have spent on ciggys to go out for a fancy dinner and b) our town is 100% non-smoking indoors, or even up to 20ft from an entrance to a building. So going out to eat was always a bit of a pain, we always felt like we had to rush out to go smoke our ciggy, in the car, away from even the building! That time we just relaxed, ordered after dinner coffee... it was nice. our 3 month mark is this Saturday, and we're going to a theme park to celebrate! How nice it will be to be able to walk around without having to worry about when/where to smoke! :happydance:

Well done
You can do it!! Set a date, tell everyone you know you are quitting, and stick to it! It also helps to set little rewards for youself along the way. We went out for a nice dinner at the one month mark, which was big for us, because a) we used all the money we WOULD have spent on ciggys to go out for a fancy dinner and b) our town is 100% non-smoking indoors, or even up to 20ft from an entrance to a building. So going out to eat was always a bit of a pain, we always felt like we had to rush out to go smoke our ciggy, in the car, away from even the building! That time we just relaxed, ordered after dinner coffee... it was nice. our 3 month mark is this Saturday, and we're going to a theme park to celebrate! How nice it will be to be able to walk around without having to worry about when/where to smoke! :happydance:

Ah thank you! Didn't think of it like that, in 4 weeks I will have saved enough money to buy the futon that I want for our new place rather than leaving the spare room bare.....makes that much easier!

Still doing OK, onto day 5 and biggest test comes tonight as I go for a drink after work..........eeek!

I listened to Paul McKenna earlier on CD, and before that I'd last had a fag at about 4, so I listened to this CD and then did really well - even went outside with OH & her Mum when they had one, and didn't even want one.
But I've just had half of one with my OH.
I'm so annoyed with myself ):

I'm so sorry ladies but I've started again... Oh dad got rushed into hospital tue night and we were told ge wouldn't make it we rushed to hospital and cracked whilst we were there it was just all too stressful

I will be joining you all again soon we just need to get through this

I'm so annoyed as we were doing so well but we've managed to get this far we will do it again

Keep going you are all doing really well I will still be stalking from a distance sorry to let u all down

I'm so sorry ladies but I've started again... Oh dad got rushed into hospital tue night and we were told ge wouldn't make it we rushed to hospital and cracked whilst we were there it was just all too stressful

I will be joining you all again soon we just need to get through this

I'm so annoyed as we were doing so well but we've managed to get this far we will do it again

Keep going you are all doing really well I will still be stalking from a distance sorry to let u all down

:hug: You didn't let anyone down!! Do you have any idea how many times I tried to quit before I actually did? I lost count! LOL I'm sorry to hear about OH's dad. You'll be in a good place to quit again soon. :hugs:

Sorry to hear about OH's Dad. Is he ok?

This is my 5th time trying to quit.. it's hard, but everyone will manage it - i'm sure!

it just wasn't your turn yet .. but it will be!

you didn't let anyone down hunny, don't think like that! xx

Aw Hun, sorry to hear about your OHs dad :( not surprised you cracked but don't beat yourself up, just do set a date again when things are back to normal...and you can get back on again. Take care xxx

Good luck :)
I've just concieved, and am trying to quit atm. I am only take 2-3 drags off a cigarette now, maybe 4-5 times a day-- which is a lot less than the half a pack/a day I was smoking.
I see you've made it past your quit date-- stay strong in your efforts!
I set my quit date for the 5th of July, wish me luck

hey ladies,
welcome to the new ladies :) lovethebump - congratulations & good luck great idea to set a date & if you have not already heard about it might be a good idea to read allen carrs easyway to quit smoking. ive read it & gone from 15 a day to 0 overnight & on day 14 today & withdrawrals have been minimum - my oh is still smoking & i can pass him the packet, or stand with him - something id never have been able to do quitting without the book.
allyk dont feel bad - no surprising you started again - hope your dads OK!!! i think that breaking the habit of smoking in stressfull/distressing situations is the hardest bit!! dont beat yourself up & you came so far you can get over it & set a new date to try again.:hugs:

Ladies- where have you all gone... Oh's dad is much better now it's amazing how much crap your body fights

Oh and I have decided Monday is our quit day again so fingers crossed hope your all doing ok

its day 3 for me today without a smoke. almost gave in the last couple of days but i managed to resist at the last second :D

hey allyk
im still here :)
day 20 for me today - nearly out of the ''3 week withdrawral period'' i barely even think about having one anymore/my brain has stopped automatically heading for the back door LOL... & still no cravings i think i can say i am definatly a NON SMOKER :)

my OH still not managed to quit - we even bought the allen carr DVD & he watched it twice but it oviously does not have the effect on him (he must be one of the small % it does not work on!!)

welcome to ushotmedown & well done being one day 3 :)

Crawling back in to this thread with my tail tucked between my legs....

Been on the wagon, off the wagon....on the wagon again, and then off it.

Last week I managed to give up for 3 days and was delighted with myself....then really bl**dy angry with myself when I cracked and bought another packet. And been smoking ever since.

My mother is staying with us at the moment so timing right now is wrong. But she's heading home to the UK next week, taking hubby with her (he's going to stay with his parent's to see his sister who's over from NZ). So I'll be home alone, with no nicotine distractions for a whole week...perfect for another go at quitting!

Crawling back in to this thread with my tail tucked between my legs....
!

dont feel bad fuzzy! :hugs: this is about the 6th time ive attempted to quit & until i read that allen carr book it had always been too difficult!! (have u read the book?if not definatly do!)

my OH has not managed to quit (read book twice and dvd once!) he keeps doing the odd day - and then come evening he'll cave in & go buy a pack!

good luck xx

Aw i need to join here, i rly want to quit, i stopped for 12months when pregnantand went back on them grrrr, but this is it and for good, i will set my date soon, only prob i have is the snapping, when im craving i take it out on my family, and its not fair,its not their fault, how do you deal with this, i could bury my head in the bed until its passed, any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"