what a cop out

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
well some of you may remember my post a while ago about my sons dad (who doesnt live with us) the argument about his wifes 2 boys blah blah.......

well he normally collects michael at 11 am on sunday!! i get a phone call at 10.30am saying "is there anyway you can drop michael off at mine as julie (his wife) needs to go to emergency dentist" we couldnt drop him off as the car isnt currently working and he knew this, so he said "do you have any ideas"

i thought well whats wrong with you bringing your 1 and half yer old daughter on bus/taxi for the 25 min ride on the bus and COME AND GET YOUR SON FFS!!!! he really pisses me off!!

so yea he got out of that one nicely!! although i then said "well you can pick michael up tomorrow instead then" his reply was "well yeh as long as the buses are ok...considering its bank holiday!!

the man lives 25 mins down the frigging road...not a million miles away!!
if you dont wanna see him...just f'en tell me!!!

sorry girls rant over......

how annoying for you! at times my ex has said he can't pick up 3year old because of things like going a concert the night before and 'knowing he will be too tired the next day'... although the latest he could possibly get backis 12, which of course would still give him 9hours sleep if he picks 3year old up at 11am!

i must say though i can see why he didn't want to take a 1year old on bus, it is alot of hassell taking lil ones on public transport, i have only taken my 3year old on public transport once. taxis are so expensive these days too, with the waythe world is financially people don't have the extra for 'luxurys' like taxis dothey? i guess if you offered to pay half taxi fair it wouldn't have been a problem. men eh?

it must be serious for his wife to go an out of hours dentist, though.

xXx

i must say though i can see why he didn't want to take a 1year old on bus, it is alot of hassell taking lil ones on public transport, i have only taken my 3year old on public transport once. taxis are so expensive these days too, with the waythe world is financially people don't have the extra for 'luxurys' like taxis dothey? i guess if you offered to pay half taxi fair it wouldn't have been a problem. men eh?

xXx

he can quite easily afford a taxi, he does it every other week, plus it shouldnt matter what the cost is if he wants to see his son...its only once a week, so no major expense!!!

no way would i offer to pay half the taxi fare...sounds harsh yes but it isnt my problem if he cant make arrangements to pick his own son up.

yea i would say must of been pretty alwful to go emergency dentist on easter sunday xx hmmmmmm not that i believe it xx

xXx

he can quite easily afford a taxi, he does it every other week, plus it shouldnt matter what the cost is if he wants to see his son...its only once a week, so no major expense!!!

no way would i offer to pay half the taxi fare...sounds harsh yes but it isnt my problem if he cant make arrangements to pick his own son up.

yea i would say must of been pretty alwful to go emergency dentist on easter sunday xx hmmmmmm not that i believe it xx

that's what i say to my ex, money shouldn't be a problem - especially as he has 100% disposable income as he lives with mummy and daddy. but at the end of the day us being stubborn with 'they should pay' just makes our kids miss out, and as much as we don't think theymiss out on anything they always seem to think daddy is best thing since sliced bread for some unknown reason!

xXx

that's what i say to my ex, money shouldn't be a problem - especially as he has 100% disposable income as he lives with mummy and daddy. but at the end of the day us being stubborn with 'they should pay' just makes our kids miss out, and as much as we don't think theymiss out on anything they always seem to think daddy is best thing since sliced bread for some unknown reason!

xXx

my son never misses out, even weekends that his dad "cant make it" me and my OH will take him out for the day....i have always been the one to encourage his dad to have a close relationship with his son BUT im sorry the way i see it is that hes the absent parent....so he can make the effort to see his son..and pay for it....he pays a bit less maintenacne then he should so that shouldnt be a problem :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->