What age can babies have ....

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what age babies can have ordinary tap water rather than cooled boiled water to drink? Also from what age can they have olives?

Thanks xxx

Good questions!! I actually looked at the olives in the fridge this morning and wondered the same thing. Try ask the water question in the Baby & Toddler board ;)

my oh tried to give zane tape water last night i went nuts! but then thought well i brush his teeth using tap water? so im not sure myself lol

Elinor wont take water at all...unless its been slightly diluted with juice. I started giving her plain tap water at a yr old. Mixed with a wee bit of diluting juice.

I would think from 6 months would be ok for tap water as you dont have to sterilise bottles etc anymore at least my kids have had juice made up with tap water or plain tap water from 6 monthss they never came to any harm.Sorry got no idea about olives.

I have noticed that everyone on here from the UK always uses boiled water for their babies, here they can have regular tap water from birth, it's tested and all that all the time and is completely safe. Unless you happen to be in an area it's not which they tell you that. We used regular tap water for bottles, drinking, anything all the time. Not sure about olives..I know you can cook with olive oil for babies so I would think they could have olives? Notsure though

Thanks. I think I'll give the tap water a go!

Anyone else know about olives?

Think it's 6 months for water iirc :)

I've been giving Aaron tap water since he was 6 months old.

I've been giving Stanley tap water

I still boil Poppy's water, thought it was till 12 months. A friend who lives in my area had a lot of problems with her baby having tummy upsets. They tested the baby's stools and said there was a possibility the bug he had was caused by drinking tap water (my friend occasionally cooled boiled water down with a bit from the tap) There was no conclusive proof that this was the case but she's gone back to giving him only boiled water now.

I thought only boiled water til 12months old too- im not sure tbh. But I dont trust tap water around where i live so i will continue to give cool boiled water.

Olives- I wouldve thought they were quite salty for a ickle baby to have?

I gave Benn olives when he was one he loved them. He hates them now though!

I did not give Jack tap water until he was gone 12 months and I will boil the water for Rosie until she is 12 months too x

Ohh I Was Going To Ask About Tap Water For a Friend. But I Noticed Your Post - Same Friend Said You Can Give Them Olives From 8-9 Months

I don't give Lincoln tap water yet,but bottled drinking water and cool boiled water
good question though
i think i will wait for a bit longer

Oh well, I have for months now and it's not done anything to her..

i thought it was a year for tap water. the only reason they say not to give bottled water is cos some of its got things added,llike fluride and stuff, but my HV said evian's ok cos its pure water xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->