What age did you "see yourself" having your first?

I always knew that I'd have my first at a young age. I didn't have an exact age in mind, but I figured anywhere between 20 and 25. I was right, I had my first a month before I turned 22.

when i was like high school age I thought I'd have my first around 29 and 2nd at 31.

but now, im 25 and married and I hope for my first sometime before i turn 28, and my 2nd two years after the first. (at the latest, I want baby #1 at 28, and #2 at 30.)

but i would be super excited if i had my first maybe next year, and my 2nd at 28 :)

For some reason I always thought 26 was a good age to have a baby, don't know why. My mum had all her children in her thirties and I wanted to have mine younger. But now I'm 27 and we're not even trying for our first yet. So probably won't be much younger than she was.

I thought I'd be closer to 30 but I was 23 years young lol

I've always thought that I'd have my first at 23-25 years old. Now I'm 27, had a MMC recently and we have to wait until we TTC again (around my birthday). So hopefully the baby will come when I'm 28, almost 29... So tired of waiting. :(

Thought I'd be 28 and got pregnant 27 born when I was 28! Wtt #2!

I always wanted kids when I was in my 20's. I never wanted to wait too long to have children because I want to be able to enjoy them. My parents were older when I was born, and I feel like I really missed out on a lot. We will be trying for our first in 4 and a half months or so...so if we are lucky, I will be 26.

I always wanted kids young.. 22/23.. I fell pregnant at 24, am now 25, and feel like I'm older than I wanted to be!

I've always had it set in my mind that I would have my first before I'm 25 (My family also has a trend of having kids in their early 20's, and I love the fact of being younger).
And as of right now, I think I will be following what I though.
I'm getting married fall of 2015 (I will be 23) and we are going to start trying right away after our wedding. So I will hopefully be 24 when I have our first.

I always had 26 in my mind as the age for my first. During my really broody periods I've hoped to get things in order to start earlier, but being realistic I think it's still going to be 26. (I'm 24 now and my partners are currently 23 and 27)

There is a risk with my job we might have to hold off till I'm 27 before going on maternity leave, but things are looking up with my partners careers at the moment so that hopefully won't happen :)

I always thought I would have kids between 24 - 26. I wanted to get married around 23 after I finished school. I had this all planned out with my ex bf (high school sweetheart). Unfortunately once we went to different universities and grew apart we didn't last. I moved 4 hours away for school where I only knew one person in the whole town. He was one of my good friends that I grew up with - our grandparents were friends, our parents were friends and now he is my DH :) everything happened for a reason. I fell pregnant by surprise at age 20, took a break from school and went back when DS was 10 months old. I finished school, got a job and now we are expecting number 2 and I'm 23. If someone would have told me i would have 2 kids by age 23 I never would have believed it!

My mum had me at 24 and I always assumed I'd have children about the same time as she did... but as many of you have pointed out, life had other plans and I will now be at least 31 by the time we have our first. I don't think I'm necessarily disappointed, more just impatient now - even though I know it is for the best.

Just sometime before I'm 30... i have exactly 26 months til then from today.

About 25. However I wanted to be in work which I am now.

From 15 to about 18 I swore I would NEVER get married and have kids. I was going to travel the world doing goodness knows what. I met my husband when I was twenty, married at 21 and had out first baby at 22. Now I don't know how many babies I want, at least four and I'd like to be done having babies by 32. I'm twenty-six with 2 beautiful little boys. WWT till August or October.

I used to say that I was going to meet my husband at university, get married at 24, go on honeymoon to Hawaii, have my first baby at 25 (and a second at 27 and third at 29). I did meet my husband at unoversity and get married at 24 but didn't get to go on honeymoon to Hawaii :cry: :haha:. I did have my 1st at 25 (DS was due the day after my 25th birthday but came 2 weeks late) but had my second at 26.

I thought in my thirties. I had my first seventeen days before my nineteenth birthday, my second at twenty, third at twenty-two, fourth at twenty-two and fifth at twenty-five. When I started having babies I thought I would be done having them by the time I was thirty but since we've been trying to bring another home for almost six years and I am thirty next year, it's unlikely.

My mom had her first two at 24 and me at 26. I always figured I'd have my first at 24 and until the last couple years, I figured I'd have my second one about a year and a half after that. I did have my first at 24, but I have since decided on a 2 and a half year (minimum) age gap. I'll be trying to conceive this summer.

I decided on 28 when I was younger. We started TTC when I was 28 and he was born just after I turned 29. In an ideal world I'd like my 2nd before I turn 32 but I would have to get my BFP this cycle for that to happen.

I had it in my head when I was younger that I would have #1 at 26 and #2 at 28. I'm not sure what I was thinking -- I didn't realize in my teenage years that this thing called life happens and that there is so much more to see and experience and try at and fail at than I ever imagined ;-)

It looks like I will be (I am guessing, depends on if it is a long time to actually get pregnant) 30 when I have my first. Maybe 31. And I am not sure that I want a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->