What age?

Layla

Reaction score
At what age do i start letting Charlie out?

Her boyfriend ( :lol: ) keeps calling round for her but i dont let her out still. all her friends are allowed out to play on the streets, but im scared to.

She is 8, 9 in March, am i being to over protective? I dont think she should be allowed out on her own till she starts comp, which would be 12ish

xxx

Bless :lol:

I was playing out on my street way younger than 8/9 :D

bless her little cotton socks.

I was aloud on my street around that age to play but i couldn't go any further then the street if i did i had to go and tell my mum.

My sister's eldest is 11 and she isn't allowed out to play in the streets. She is allowed to the shop and back but its straight there and straight back.

On the estate where i live some parents let their 5 year old out till way after dark, but my eldest is only allowed on the communal balcony, and i keep my front door open the whole time.

Personally he will not be allowed out to play on this estate until he starts in the senior school. Big problem for me though is i dont have a garden either so you can imaging how frustrated 2 hyper boys get with me for not letting them go play :lol:

It would depend on the estate & surroundings but I was allowed on my street or out the back of the house.

I think of where my Aunt lives & if I had a wee one I think I'd let them yet when I think of where my best mate lives I wouldn't let my kids past the front door!! :lol:

I wasn't allowed past the end of the cul de sac until i was in the 2nd year of high school.
We all used to play in the cul de sac, and the ones who were allowed out the end used to show off! lol!

The thing i noticed was with me mum and dad were really strict with these things.. yet my younger brother got to do everything earlier, which i resented them for through my teenage years if you know what i mean. "i had to be 12 and dale's only 10 and you let him" kind of thing.

You're her mum so you know whats best for her and i'm sure whatever you do will be the right thing xox

im still really unsure, i think if we lived on a cul de sac i would prob let her out, but we live on a long street and there is traffic about.

her'boyfriend' called for her 3 tiems today, she stood at teh front door talking to him, now and again i could hear her giggleing like mad, she likes him alot bless her lol

xxx

Awww babe, I understand completely where you are coming from....we are the same with Jade, she will be 8 in Nov, but you hear such awful stories nowadays it scares you to let them out of your sight don't it........

Well we compromise and let Jade have round ours anybody she wants and they can play in the back garden, but I know it wont be long before she wants to go out and play and I am dreading it, I dont know when will be safe.....I worry about roads, strangers, other kids and not being able to find her way home :lol: I know we used to play outside at 6 upwards, but it was an enclosed place with a massive green where all the local kids would play, so Mum & Dad only had to look out the window to see us, not so easy here.

I don't know what to say to you babe, as you know what it is like where you live, but I think it defo depends on the area and the kids she will be with etc............good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->