What am i claiming and when?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Im entitled to SMP so i know im getting that,
Hipg when i next see my MW at 28 weeks (hopefully will have a form by then lol)
Tax credits after birth, both working and child (im not entitled to working tax credits right now so need to wait untill next tax year in april)
Child benefit
and Sure start maternity grant after birth (see tax credits bit)

Is that everything?

im sorry sweetie I dont even know too well what I am entitled to.
I think I can get-
child tax credits
child benefit
working tax maybe(hubby) not sure need to find out.
And im almost certain I dont qualify for any grants.
I think it depends when baby is born as to whether you qualify for the grant which you should. But working situation wise we arent too different so You should be at least entitled to what I listed. But not til baby is born, yay I love sitting in the council for hours filling out forms wrong, re doing them and waiting another 3 hours lol.
xxx

Sorry I don't really have any advice as I find it all so confusing myself!

I don't really understand how they calculate your entitlements on the previous tax years earnings... :shrug: Then both DH and I were working fulltime but obviously when our LO arrives we will have his FT wages but as with most other people I'll only be on SMP. I finshed work at the earliest point possible so I'll be on the lower rate at least 5 weeks before the LO arrives... :dohh:

I think they purposely make it difficult to stop people applying :rofl:

If I find anything out I'll let you know... xxx

Don't forget your health in pregnancy grant - somebody posted the link on here somewhere, but I'll be blowed if I can remember who or where

I don't really understand how they calculate your entitlements on the previous tax years earnings... :shrug: Then both DH and I were working fulltime but obviously when our LO arrives we will have his FT wages but as with most other people I'll only be on SMP. I finshed work at the earliest point possible so I'll be on the lower rate at least 5 weeks before the LO arrives... :dohh:

Although they base your claim on the previous year's earnings, you are supposed to inform them of any changes. So once your claim goes through, you call them up and tell them your hours etc have changed and then give them the new details and they alter your claim accordingly.

Although they base your claim on the previous year's earnings, you are supposed to inform them of any changes. So once your claim goes through, you call them up and tell them your hours etc have changed and then give them the new details and they alter your claim accordingly.

Ahh, I see... What a weird system! Thanks for the info. xxx

if any of u dont quailfy for the £500 mat grant off the gov while ur pg,u can get it when baby born cos u will then recive child tax credit and u can claim it if u recive this :)

if any of u dont quailfy for the £500 mat grant off the gov while ur pg,u can get it when baby born cos u will then recive child tax credit and u can claim it if u recive this :)

I'm guessing that you can apply for the Sure Start Maternity Grant at the same time as you apply for Child Tax Credits. Or do you have to wait for the CTC to come through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->