What are some names you dislike?

Love Damien, but haven't seen the film so that's maybe why ;). My brother said it was his favourite boys name so just get a nephew called that one day.

Heard the name 'Deacon' today...Am not a fan.

Love Damien, but haven't seen the film so that's maybe why ;). My brother said it was his favourite boys name so just get a nephew called that one day.

My friend's aunty's dog is called Deacon so I don't like it either. It's like Jasper is a dog's name to me too since I've had 2 friends with dogs called Jasper!

I have to say a pet peeve is double naming; like:

James Jameson
Frank Franklin / Franklin Frank
Donald Donaldson
Donald O'Donnell
David Davidson / David Davis

I worked a city job two years ago doing filing and got to read some really odd names like:

Prince John
Obi Wan Kenobi
Billy Kid
just to name a few
(I'm sure some of these were legal name changes, but others, can't be too sure).

Olivia, Sophia, Teagan (Teegan), Marie (it's such a cop out middle name to me), Heather, Amanda.

It's really weird because I don't like the names Brianna, Bri, or Breahna (Bree-aw-nuh) etc. But I love my daughters name Brenna (Breh-nuh). They are so similar, but I think Brenna sounds so much more elegant :flow:

Alisha,

I have had 3 friends all call their little girls Alisha in the space of a year...

WHY?

Alisha,

I have had 3 friends all call their little girls Alisha in the space of a year...

WHY?

I don't like Alisha either. Firstly because where I'm from it's a rough sounding name where people would over pronounce it Alishaaa :haha: secondly the leesh sound in the middle doesn't appeal to me.

The title stating 'names you HATE' was a little OTT so I have changed this.

I have been asked from an undisclosed member:
Surely this post is against forum rules? I myself certainly find it offensive, as my daughters name has been quoted on many people's lists if names they hate. You have also been closing these 'curious' threads in other sections, so why not this one?
For anyone who is wondering the same thing I will explain:

1. Everyone has names that they personally 'dislike' it's a personal preference and there is no need for anyone to offended someone else doesn't like the same names as yourself. I agree hate is a strong word and as above this has been changed.

2. Names people like or dislike is not against the forum rules :confused:

3. I stated:
As confirmed yesterday I am for the time nipping threads in the butt that are not for support but just pure curiosity.
This only applies to those that members have turned into heated hot topics by flaming/trolling/rude/disruptive activity.
This threads doesn't apply

4. Lastly this thread was started April 2011

margret . . .WHy!?

i know someone called "raven" a girl.

i hate hate hate the "mae" thing aswell.

i like classic english names for little boys hence oscar ;)

but i cant stand the name "archie"

also names that end with ayden.

Chanelle charesse chenade etc :sick:

lol i originally looked at this thread for inspirtion for a name hee hee

I can't believe uve never seen the omen!

I do like the name Damien but because of the film I couldn't, I didn't suggest damen to my oh instead but he hated that

:haha: Nope!

I didn't know who John Wayne was until recently...my parents kept me in a bubble for too many years, only allowed to like what they liked. I'm getting there though, good friends are putting more pop-culture into my life.

I think this thread is really interesting. I'm sure my sons name would be disliked more if it were heard more often, doesn't really bother me. Some of my fav girls names have cropped up in this thread more than once, meh. I think you'd have niave to think there wouldn't be people who would strongly dislike your childs name, that's always the case, regardless of what name you choose.

agreed- also, just cause i dont like the name doesnt mean i wont like a person who has that name. i hate my husbands name but i love him lol...names i like have come up here and i dont mind, just means i cn use the names i like knowing that not every1 will copy me :) also dislike hilda...

I always get weird looks when I tell people my eldest name, Zane. I get looked at like I've got 2 heads lol

I just think Damien is well known as a 'devil' name because of the omen, the whole 666 thing. and Only fools and horses :lol:

I just think Damien is well known as a 'devil' name because of the omen, the whole 666 thing. and Only fools and horses :lol:

We knew we were having a girl but when Ruby was born, think OH was tiny bit sad she was not a boy to call Damien (she was born 6th June 2006- 06/06/06)

hehe.

So many people either love or hate the name Ruby. I dont get offended if they dont like it because I love it. I guess it just depends how people describe why they hate the name that makes people offended.

Lucky I am not easily offended because all of my children's names have repeatedly been mentioned in here :rofl:

Morgan, little boy but isnt at common here. My daughter Naomi-Mae but I honestly dont know any one in RL with a hypenated -Mae name and she is almost seven when most of the one's I see on here are little, so everyone copied me :rofl: Honey I dont think it is chavvy but I think it is especially pretty for a froever baby. Kaysie Blossom and I know people think she should be called Casey but I always read that as CAS-EY not KAY-SEE. And Riley Rae, two names that are boys names used for girls but I wanted a netural name because I had a gut feeling she wouldnt make it home (she would of been Riley Ray if she were a boy) so wanted to bond with 'Riley' rather than 'Bubble' and Ray is my dad's name plus she was meant to be my Ray of sunshine after so many loses.

Names I dislike is like my uncle he was called Robert Henry but cos my Grandad's name was Robert they used his second name, but then used the nickname Harry for his whole life so much so I thought his name was Harry until he died :rofl: so yeah when their name isnt actually used at all :haha:

The funny thing is I really disliked my ds1's name before he was born lol

Oh had suggested it a few times and I had cringed and point blank refused as I knew a horrible person with that name. However, when ds1 was born none of the names on my list suited him and he just looked like an Alex and it felt right lol. Obviously it is now one of my favourite names :)

I was always told to never trust a Martin too, No idea why, my oh's brother is lovely! (however another one turned out to be not so much) lol

i guess thats always given me an aversion to that name :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->