What are some names you dislike?

kayden
jayden
brandon
aaliyah
all the 'unique' names
I heard of a baby girl my friend know being called Dylan-Angel. REALLY!?

Cruelest name to give a child...
Trevor, My BIL's brother is called Trevor
It reminds me of the frog in harry potter :haha:

I've noticed a recent trend with people splitting up names of two different people and combining them together.

KayLinda
Ardysue
JoyLana

Hmmm...Not sure why, but it doesn't seem like an appealing idea.

I've noticed a recent trend with people splitting up names of two different people and combining them together.

KayLinda
Ardysue
JoyLana

Hmmm...Not sure why, but it doesn't seem like an appealing idea.

:shock: Are these real examples?
My old teacher is called Chris, and his wife, Isobel. Their daughter is Christobel, which I think is quite nice x

Girls:
Agnes
Emily
Georgina
Gretchen
Gina
Harriett

Boys:
Alexander
Harry
Hunter
Jack
Louis
Silas
Tyler
Ralph

Im sure there are more but thats all I can think of.

I personally like unique names but not silly unique names, i loathe names like Cash, bentley, fruits as names, colours as names, and holidays and seasons as names, i also have a particular dislike for lizzy :/
I have friends with unique names and they hate them every little bit and have been bullied, my daughter is lilly-mae, which is now rather common but spelt different to most. But i would never go as extreme as to call her autumn, rainbow, etc.

on traditional names, i dislike elizabeth, gwendylne, and other no longer comon but not very nice names. xx

Names I would never use: :nope:

Names that can be either a boy or a girl: Casey, Morgan, Kelly, Leslie, Whitney, etc.

Names I don't like for unknown reasons: :shrug:

Girls: Chloe (can't stand it), Carly, Amber, Ashley, Andrea, April, January, Carissa, Valerie, Celeste, Cheryl, Daphne

Boys: Jackson, Braxton, Bentley, Jaiden, Jace (NEVER!), Craig, Deacon

Names I don't like becuase I know someone with that name: :dohh: Miranda, Carolyn (MIL), Chadwick, Vesta, Hannah, Dakota

And it drives me BONKERS when people name their kids after the mother or father. What, there aren't enough names for you to choose from so you had to recycle? Passing down middle names is great, and even honoring relatives who have passed away is a nice gesture. But I see no reason to have (FIL) Kevin and (BIL) Kevin... Nice way to trip everyone up at the family reunion! :brat:

I do love that everyone has their own taste in names though-- or it would be a boring world.

Forgot to add: Heaven, Love, Chastity, and most of all Neveah!

My husband says he hates names ending in -er (Parker, Harper, Ryder...) because they sound like jobs not names. I don't like George, Cole, breanne, Lauren, aaron. Mostly because I'm a teacher and these seem to be kids that irked me.

Personal hates: Paris, Prada, Candice, Jean and sooooooooooo glad my neice didn't get called Alexis, What was she thinking, too beautiful to call her something that screams shoulder pads.

*Cough* no shoulder pads here haha! :D

My husband says he hates names ending in -er (Parker, Harper, Ryder...) because they sound like jobs not names. I don't like George, Cole, breanne, Lauren, aaron. Mostly because I'm a teacher and these seem to be kids that irked me.

:haha: most Aaron's I've heard about seem to annoy people! Mines an angel though :flower:

not wanting to offend anyone but i dont like names like... Sam, Ben, tom, Jack... i think they are lovely names but in my opinion they just sound like you have given up and chosen a name that it just that... thats just how i feel and the same for girls names like Sophie, Chloe etc... thats just my opinion... they are nice names i just find them all a bit boring!!

lucretia??????
did someone really call their child that??

i think tiffany is awful.
also have to say i dont like faith, used to but not anymore.

i also dont like two names put together or when they stick somethin on the end,
kiethin, or initials tj, cj, bj.

My ohs name is Thomas James and his little brothers name is james Thomas! Now that is a parent lacking imagination

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->