What are some names you dislike?

after reading on there is lots of Jayden haters :(

its a lovely name!! :haha: .....feel the need to point that out as that is my sons name ;)

each to there owne of course .....:flower:

its a lovely name!! :haha: .....feel the need to point that out as that is my sons name ;)

My son is called Aidan, and personally I like the 'ans' and 'ens' at the ends of boys names. There are a couple of Aidan/en haters too :( XX

My son is called Aidan, and personally I like the 'ans' and 'ens' at the ends of boys names. There are a couple of Aidan/en haters too :( XX

I always wanted to call my son Jayden! Unfortunately OH's cousin is named Jayden.. But I love the 'ans' & 'ens' also.

I actually loved the name Aidan before almost everyone I knew who had a boy within the same two-year span used the name! :haha: Same with Alexander; I LOVED that name but then like 5 of my friends named their boys Alex. :dohh: Either way, any name is better than some of the ones my husband picked out when I was pregnant; that man shouldn't be trusted to name a hamster much less a child! lol

It's funny, I used to really worry about the fact that I wanted to use my mum's name, Anne, as a middle name if we had a girl but we'd have to put MIL's name, Mary, in as well so as not to cause offence....I never liked Mary as a name and thought it was really old fashioned. MiL had passed away by the time Sophie came along and when she was born it kind of felt right to put Mary in and I think as a whole, her name sounds really pretty!!!! Sophie Mary Anne. I can't believe how much my thoughts have changed!

I'm a Jayden/Hayden/Aiden hater too :( sorry! :blush:

I saw a thread where a lady was looking for REALLY traditional english names like Harold, Arthur, Boris etc and i think they're are just toooo old.

I also don't like Vicky, Martin, Phil, John - standard names like that.

Sorry i dont mean to cause any offence !

I always wanted to call my son Jayden! Unfortunately OH's cousin is named Jayden.. But I love the 'ans' & 'ens' also.

I'm in the Jayden lovers club too :thumbup::haha:

I did love Aidan but my OH is Dan! Dan & Aidan looks a bit silly :D

I know a 20 year old Aidan & the name really suits him! I've always thought he had such a handsome name, even though I was only 11 when we met!

Aidan is a lovely name, i really liked it at one point.

puls aidan from sex and the city is gorgeous

I agree with what someone else said, I dont hate any name as such but some are ruined for me because theyre over used, chavy or just plain boring to me.

Girls names I dislike:
Chantelle, Nicole, Jade, Tiffany, Courtney, Jasmin and anything spelt stupidly like Khloe. I heard a girl on the bus today reel off some names she had chosen for her baby and I cringed at the list.

Boys names I dislike:
Jayden, Shane, Wayne and anything traditional like John, William, Henry, Michael or Christopher etc.

I love unusual, foreign names or with a nice twist.
x

I dont like Nevaeh either! Makes me cringe.

Other than that, I have names I dont like but each to own. I am keen on original spellings though and no Z's instead of S's x

OHs children are Xander and Isobel so weve chosen Z sounding names for new baby lol

I don't like common names, or stupidly spelt names. Worst one I've seen is Kaidii. :dohh: WHY?!

I think the worst name I have ever heard was Adora Meea. So... Adore Me, basically. Just add an ah sound at the end. Nearly puked when I heard it, but laughed instead.

I just found out my sister's stepdaughter named her baby "Alexyce."

Pronounced Alexis.

Seriously, lol?

:dohh:
Yeah I just don't get it. They're gonna spend their whole life going "Hi, I'm John. Spelt Joihaeieneiegeixhn."
I have an awkward surname, and it gets so tiresome every time you say your name over the phone just waiting for "Can you spell that for me please?" :dohh:

im another jayden hater its really common

i also dont like ocean armani or channel and names like that

I have come to hate Addison/Madison for girls (although three years ago I might have said differently). Also not a fan of Connor/Kaden/Jaden... They are too common and cutesy. Although for some reason, Hayden is still kind of appealing to me!

I have a cousin who named his baby Jaxon. I like it spelled normally, but to me "Jax" sounds like a soap opera character. I am not a fan of spelling things weird.

my mate knows a woman whos called her daughter learna (lee r nah) i cant stand that name, and it doesnt sound great with a midlands accent either

Its about as bad as what someone called there twins
Kahlvin :wacko: (Calvin/Kalvin)
and
Kahliie :wacko: (Kayleigh/Kayley)or (Kallie)

unless there said different but the persons
from scotland i think :shrug: so maybe it makes
sense to others and there actually pronounced
different?

I really can't stand the Irish type names where the spelling is just ridiculous and the kid will be spelling it out for the rest of their lives.. such as...

Aoife EE-FAH
Sinéad SHI-NAYDE
Siobhán- SHUV-AWN
Áine- AWN-YAH
Aisling- ASH-LING
Cáit- CAWTCH
Róisín- ROE- SHEEN
Emer/Eimear- EE-MUR
Aoibheann- EE-VEEN
Aoibhe- EVA
Sadbh- SIVE (rhymes with I've)
Mairéad- MURR-ADE
Síofra- SHEEF-RAH
Máire- MOY-RAH
Caoimhe- KWEE-VAH
Sorcha- SOOR-KAH
Niamh- NEEVE
Maebh- MAVE
Saoirse- SEER-SHA
Gráinne- GRAWN-YAH
Orlaith- OR-LAH
Caitríona- Ca-TREEN-ah
Eilish- EYE-LISH
Ailish- A-LISH
Ailbhe- ALVA
Eithne- EHT-NAH
Muireann- MWIR-IN
Bébhinn- BAY-VIN
Bláthnaid- BLOH-NID
Clíodhna- CLEE-NA/CLEE-Oh-NA
Dearbhail- DUR-VIL
Chlodagh- CHLO-DAH
Réaltín- RAIL-TEEN
Caoilfhionn- KEEL-IN
Iseult- EE-ZULT
Nóinín- NO-NEEN
I literally cannot pronounce one single one of those :dohh:

There I pronounced them for you! :) I get what you're saying that some are very hard to pronounce but you're ignoring why- because they are in a foreign language. It comes across as offensive to blast a language like that. Obviously you're perfectly entitled to dislike them and correctly say that yes some are quite difficult to pronounce but I do think you should take into account that they are not deliberately so- it's because they are in Irish. It's not the fault of the names that they are used abroad where the language is unfamiliar. Your point about pronouncing/spelling them could be said for a whole host of new modern names or names spelled differently too. Those Irish names have a cultural background, a good few are thousands of years old. Their spelling and pronunciations makes perfect sense to me since I'm fluent!

I have no problem with anglicising them. Makes perfect sense- the beauty of the name but easy to pronounce. Wouldn't be the biggest fan of their usage here in Ireland but in the North and abroad- absolutely fine, and good to see.

I don't like the name Caitríona!It is my name (Catherine) in Irish, never liked it, and when in Irish summer college I got forcibly called it. Ughh! hate Maura, Bridget, Josephine, Geraldine, Fergus, Fergal, Concepta, Agnes, Paula, Pauline, Claudine, Noreen. I am not a fan of the Jayden/Kayden names either. I do know a 20 year old Jayden (shocked the name was around in 91!) and it suits him but I still don't like it.

:dohh: had sent my reply when i read this :haha:
iv one of those names you mentioned and i HATE my name... PAULINE:growlmad: why my mam called me that il never understand
my sons name is Cayden :haha:
i LOVE it, its got special meaning to me
it was name i had picked if my lil girl was a boy
my lil girl was born a girl obv but sadly died
and afterwards i found out the meaning of the name cayden
found out then in 09 i was pregnant with a boy
and the only name i wanted was cayden, i had a eventful, tough pregnancy and he faught the whole way, so for me there was no option his name was cayden it means fighter.. and i still LOVE it...

my oh sis called her new baby hes 6mths Jayden :haha:

just shows how everyones taste difffers:flower:
I just guess that the name are at one end of the phonetic scale with finland bein the other end (as in a country which is very phonetic in spelling). (what you see is what you et kind of. Even English itsself hasn't got phonetics as their strong point lol, no surprise seeing the spelling hasnt changed a lot in a couple of hundred years..., in fact English is even one of the only languages that doesn't even have phonetic vowels .lol
I'd be quite interested to see how Irish phonetics work to see the logic behind their spelling :).
Anyway on topic, There aren't many names i have a particular dislikening to but if there is one then it is Kevin purely because it is overused in Germany especially by the bottom end income group. (such as the German equivalent to chavs) mostly with a very German surname .. (and apart from that is that german rather pronounce it Ke-win rather than kevin. (It even spawned a name cateory called Kevinism(or chantalism for the female version)

Considering the spelling there is actually a law in Germany that says that the spelling must be a standard/common spelling of the name , and not something they imagined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->