What are the chances of me having a baby girl??

pinhams

Mam of 2 & ttc #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have just moved over from 1st tri. Im 14wk 4 days pregnant.

I already have a little boy and he is the best thing since sliced bread. We really wanted a little boy for our 1st and we got him but now im wondering if i will ever get a little girl?

The only reason i think its not likely is because i am the only girl in my family, so im 24 so no girls in 24 years, also i have 2 brothers and 4 male cousins. No other girls

On OH's side of the family there hasnt been a girl in over 40 years! he has 1 brother and 2 male cousins

So when we had our little boy we carried on the tradition as such. His cousin has also just had a boy.

Can you ladies share any stories you might have or is it likely that i will have another boy?

It doesnt matter either way but im just curious and i would love a little girl just so i have 1 of each. Either way though, just thought id ask

xx

Honestly, the odds are still 50/50.

Really?? so there is still a chance?

Like we have said would like a girl this time and OH thinks its a girl but i just keep thinking how likely is it that were gonna break the 40 years and have a girl? I hope it is 50/50 liek you say.

Is it possible for a man toonly carry an x or y sperm? not both? x

I've read that the girl and boy sperm have different charicteristics (sp) and depending on alot of factors on which gets to the egg first and gets in there.

Do you know how close to your ov day that you concieved? boy sperm are faster but dont survive as long so if you BD on the day you ov then more likely that the boy sperm got there. If you BD a few days before ov then the girl sperm which are slower but live longer wll get to the egg on the day of ov.

Thats as much as i know and im not an expert...x

I've read that the girl and boy sperm have different charicteristics (sp) and depending on alot of factors on which gets to the egg first and gets in there.

Do you know how close to your ov day that you concieved? boy sperm are faster but dont survive as long so if you BD on the day you ov then more likely that the boy sperm got there. If you BD a few days before ov then the girl sperm which are slower but live longer wll get to the egg on the day of ov.

Im not really 100% sure as i came off the pill on the 3rd of may and had a bleed and then i think i conceived on the 20 may? i have a normal 28 day cycle. I have also read what you have but to be honest im not all that sure on these ovulation dates etc. haha x

Like we have said would like a girl this time and OH thinks its a girl but i just keep thinking how likely is it that were gonna break the 40 years and have a girl? I hope it is 50/50 liek you say.

I think there would be fertility issues if that were the case. you could always try to do some research online to see if you can find anything about chromosome abnormalities (because if would definatly be an abnormality to only carry either x or y ONLY... and that I would imagine would be EXTREMLY RARE) But as far as 40 years, and no girls... ehh... it happens. Just the luck of the draw so to say. BUT, if you had no issues getting pregnant, then yes, your odds are still 50/50. My son was the first son in 20 years (taking into account all other cousins on my husband's side of the family). All girls on my side (I know that doesn't matter though).
BUT, I did read a study that said mother's intuition is accurate 71% of the time. So, if you really think you're having a girl, chances are you will. There's also a 'iridology' thread on here that talks about the 'fish hook' vein in your eyes. That thread was very interesting. Seems to have a very high success rate of determining gender.
Best of luck hun, hope you get your girl, LOL :flower:

I think there would be fertility issues if that were the case. you could always try to do some research online to see if you can find anything about chromosome abnormalities (because if would definatly be an abnormality to only carry either x or y ONLY... and that I would imagine would be EXTREMLY RARE) But as far as 40 years, and no girls... ehh... it happens. Just the luck of the draw so to say. BUT, if you had no issues getting pregnant, then yes, your odds are still 50/50. My son was the first son in 20 years (taking into account all other cousins on my husband's side of the family). All girls on my side (I know that doesn't matter though).
BUT, I did read a study that said mother's intuition is accurate 71% of the time. So, if you really think you're having a girl, chances are you will. There's also a 'iridology' thread on here that talks about the 'fish hook' vein in your eyes. That thread was very interesting. Seems to have a very high success rate of determining gender.

Yea you make sense! haha. I try to say these things to myself and i think i say the opposite to what i want to hear, like its not possible.

We had no problems getting pregnant at all. Happened very quick (excuse the pun)

Ive read about the fish hook thing, i might go and look now!ha ha x

Its the sperm that determines the sex so I guess fact no girls for 24 years on your side is irrelevant? I think it is 50/50. Looking through my family history people have less children these days so less chance of a mixture of gender. I have 4 children , a lot compared to my sisters and cousins. I had 3 girls then boy, . I do think a mums instinct regarding gender is strong. I just knew my 4th baby was a boy. Good luck

Yea you make sense! haha. I try to say these things to myself and i think i say the opposite to what i want to hear, like its not possible.

We had no problems getting pregnant at all. Happened very quick (excuse the pun)

Now, with the vein test... it can also look like a 'Y' instead of a fishhook. If it's in your right eye, or BOTH eyes, it's a little girl ;)
Just remember, it's not science (or I should say, it hasn't been 'proven'). Take your findings with a grain of salt!!! LOL

Now, with the vein test... it can also look like a 'Y' instead of a fishhook. If it's in your right eye, or BOTH eyes, it's a little girl ;)
Just remember, it's not science (or I should say, it hasn't been 'proven'). Take your findings with a grain of salt!!! LOL

Haha ive just had a look and to be honest i just have alot of veins in each eye! very bloodshot. I think il just wait until my next scan t find out. x

Its the sperm that determines the sex so I guess fact no girls for 24 years on your side is irrelevant? I think it is 50/50. Looking through my family history people have less children these days so less chance of a mixture of gender. I have 4 children , a lot compared to my sisters and cousins. I had 3 girls then boy, . I do think a mums instinct regarding gender is strong. I just knew my 4th baby was a boy. Good luck

Yea i dont think my side matters at all,

Ive never really thought about people having less kids and i suppose that makes a huge difference.

You ladies are so much help. thanks x

I NEVER thought id have a girl, low and behold I found out on saturday im having a princess. Could def happen to you.

I agree with this theory, its definatley correct with my 2 kids x

Since your husband has an X and Y chromosome he will automatically have both X and Y sperm in equal amounts. For some reason though 52% of babies born are boys however boy babies are weaker than girl babies and so the numbers even out in the end. So yes you have a good chance of having either a boy or a girl.

My gender scan is in 2 weeks time and I am also wondering - both my sister and I have girls and there are no boy grandchildren on OH's or my side of the family, so who knows?

Good luck! I had the first girl on DH's side in 15 years!

Just going on x & y, all things being equal your odds are theoretically 50/50, as every pregnancy is independent of the others.

However...

I have read that if you have a child of one gender, your second child is somewhat more likely to be the same gender. (This is because there may be environmental factors impacting your DH's sperm--ie-anesthesiologists and scuba divers tend to father girls because the male sperm don't survive long enough to even leave his body. Some believe having your DH wear certain underwear, eat certain foods, etc can impact your husband's count of girl or boy sperm.)

Timing of intercourse to ovulation can make an impact--boy sperm swim faster, girl sperm live longer, and so on.

And some new research is showing that the egg actually selects for the sperm it wants. So while the male's chromosome determines gender, the egg chooses the sperm. So your egg plays a part too and you can take as much credit as your partner for which gender you conceive.

its always 50/50 regardless of the amount of children you have, statistically you're more likely to have a boy, the amount changes every year but it never moves beyond 1 percent, its always just under or just over so not enough to have a real effect, also I know 100% that I bd'd several days before ovulation because I was visiting my relatives, even though male sperm is generally weaker its more complicated than that hence why shettles method (think thats how its spelled) is so innacurate :flower:

50/50 as with any pregnancy.
And i dont think there is any way to tell without a scan.
I dont believe in the heartbeats/veins ect theorys of course they will
be right sometimes as there is only 2 options so chance would predict
they would be right 50% of the time and wrong the 50% of the time.

well thank you all ladies for all your advice!!

I really appreciate it.

As soon as i have my scan i will let you all know but it isnt for ages yet! Bummer or what.

But thanks again, you really are all a great help. xxx

have you tried the gender predictor ( chinese birth chart) or the moon theory?
i tried both of these and they were both accurate. the chinese birth predictor was correct for 15 people i tried it on. dont take it as 100% but a lot have people have confirmed on here also that it was correct x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->