What are you buying for family?

Mummy2B21

Mum of Two
Reaction score
Every year it feels like a challenge as what to buy especially for my dad and grandad, what are you buying for your family/in-laws. Hoping this will give some inspo for everyone!

I have no idea!
I usually do BIL and SIL a little snacks/drinks bag each.
MIL who knows, I feel we've exhausted most options. Same with my mum, plus its her birthday in December.

Was just speaking to my sister about this and I have no idea.

My mum is quite simple to buy for she likes pjs slippers smellies. My dad is the hardest. He buys what he wants all year round and never leaves much for us at Christmas/birthdays

I always found my dad and bro the hardest to gift! But we haven't exchanged gifts in years now.

My mum said we shouldn't do gifts to each other anymore either, just for the kids and while that obviously makes things easier, I find it hard to not to give my mum anything at all! So I am planning on just giving small things.
In the last few years I bought her boxes for growing her own mini tomatoes and she loves that. They have boxes with different variety of tomatoes which are a bit more fun too. I have also given her pretty garden gloves with a bird design on it which she really treasures.
Not sure yet about this year. It is her birthday in Oct so I am still trying to find something small for that too.

For my MIL it is usually something we pool resources for with my SIL. Luckily SIL is very good with ideas so I always rely on her :haha:
For SIL herself we usually do something fun or silly for her dogs which I think she really enjoys too.

I don't buy for family other than the kids and my grandad.
My grandad doesn't like receiving gifts (sad but he says every year that he won't be here to see the next so it's a waste. He's said that for 11 years now), so it'll be a photo this year and some biscuits.

Only adults I'm buying for is work colleagues, consists of a lamp, makeup, alcohol or alcohol related things

I don't talk to most of my family anymore. We will get something for my grandparents but I'm not sure what yet.
For my MIL we will get Bacardi, and anything nice for the home like candles etc.
For my FIL probably a gadget or money.

I've no idea what to get for family. We only buy for my parents, sister and her fella, FIL, MIL and our nephew and my friends 2 little girls.
We'll probably but my dad and FIL something Manchester United related or some sort of heated item for when they go to the football.
My MIL should be getting a new house soon, so maybe something nice for the house that she would like.

My Mum sent her Christmas list today :xmas13:
Nothing exciting on there. Jewellery, Nightie, Slippers, smelloes and bedding.
I'll do Nightie and bedding. My sister probably Jewellery

My sister is going to send hers soon. She'll probably be a Nightie, socks, Hair hamper and bedding.

(We all love a new bedding set for after Christmas)

Honestly it would be easier if my mum just did a Christmas list. I never know what to get :haha:

My dad will get a bottle of whisky, some chocolates and socks etc

my step-mom is getting a bottle of gin and some chocolate

my step-dad is getting a bottle of whisky and I do his full stocking as mum passed away two years ago so I need to get him to miniature runs etc chocolate socks etc

my brother wants smellies and so does his partner so I’ll be going to boots for those

my sister hasn’t done her list yet

my eldest two nieces will get Amazon gift cards

My youngest niece is getting some books, a biscuit making set and then my son needs to pick her some thing

my nephew has some boxes of Lego, cake making set and biscuits

grandparents get smellies sets

my husbands mum will get an M&S voucher and a few little bits to open

my son has no idea what he wants so I’ve just ordered him some new clothes off adidas in the sale and a pair of trainers from Nike

husband - I have no idea

I am so stumped this year for my boys! We were talking about getting them a Switch cause Sebby especially is really into Pokemon but honestly I am not sure he would actually play the game. I think he just likes collecting the cards and reading up on their backstories etc. considering they already have an xbox... Gosh this is getting harder every year!

As for my OH... ACK! He just says to get him a jumper. Every year! Boring! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->