What are your plans for Christmas day?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Has anyone made any plans for Christmas this year yet?
I guess Christmas 2020 is going to look a lot different to previous years with all the lockdowns etc.

We will likely be staying at home this year and I will cook for us. We will try and make the best of it :xmas6:

We'll be staying home just the four of us for the first time ever. On the one hand I'm excited because we'd never normally just be the 4 of us, on the other hand I will miss the crazy busy christmas we usually have with our family. My plan is just to make it as amazing and magical as possible for the kids.

I think it’ll be just the 4 of us this year! Will be in our first home together, first Christmas as a 4 and M’s first Christmas <3

Not ideal in the way of not seeing all the family (I hope we can!) but if it’s just my little family then I’ll be happy xxx

Well I’m hoping that we would have moved in to the new house and everything unpacked Lol.

Usually we get up around 6-7am, open presents and have breakfast before enjoying the festivities. We have Christmas Dinner at around 1pm and then a buffet type style for tea x

Our Christmas Day won't look any different really as we usually just spent it alone. There will be an extra little person but thats about it.
Christmas Eve we usually do a buffet and sometimes BIL will drop by with the presents so I guess that will be a flying, drop them on the doorstep type of visit rather than him coming in and playing board games with the boys. Apart from that we will do what we always do Christmas Eve.
The thing that'll really be noticeable is that we would normally do a dinner with the in laws the weekend before Christmas at one of our houses, and a meal out with my mum the weekend before that. Neither of which is likely to happen now seeing as there's already "too many" of us.

Last time we went out on Christmas Day was in 2015 to SIL house. 2016 we had my parents stay with us for a few days. Ever since it's been the 4 of us. Normally it's open presents, munch on random things, dinner and play with toys or games. Boxing day we would go to my sisters for a party but I guess that isn't happening this year either.

I don't find it fair on hospitality workers if people eat out on Christmas day, those workers may have families too, who they can't cook for.

My FIL usually comes to stay on Christmas Eve for a couple of days then we all go to my parents for Christmas Dinner. I'm hoping FIL is able to still come as he's on his own and lives in a different county. Still planning on going to my parents for dinner. We work together so really, there's not going to be any more added risks tbh. Both me and my mum will be working as we do homecare. I'm hoping to work a few hrs on the evening shift as the day has gone then.

Not sure yet
We could still go to my mams as she’s in our ‘bubble’ and we wouldn’t be over the rule of 6 but will see how things pan out.

My husband will likely be working and we probably won't be able to see family. So it will just be me and thomas. Hopefully depending on the time my husband starts work he can see thomas open his gifts.

We usually spend Xmas eve and day with the in laws. So this will be a big change for us if we cannot do that ! I feel sorry for them as they love Xmas with the kids ! I will be so upset too!

How are we going to explain to all our kids that they can’t go and see their grandparents on Xmas day !

Our last couple of Christmases have been firsts after bereavements so weve been finding our new way of doing it for a while. Our main thing is trying to make sure we can all be together as much as possible. I've booked a decent gazebo from my work in the hope that, if I can't have my niece and her partner in the house, we can decorate it with fairy lights and set up the dining table and we can all still have our family celebration within the rules.

Will be the four of us and DH cousin. He lives alone and has had a rough year so he's going to stay for a few days (lockdown permitting)
Sometimes BIL will come but he hasn't said anything yet. We're not going to go OTT with food this year. We usually spend loads but I really want to move house so am focusing on that more x

I have no idea what we are going to do this year. Normally we go to my aunt's house for dinner but I don't know if that will be happening this year.

We normally go over to in-laws for lunch, but I'm waiting to see nearer the time what restrictions there will be. Bil lives with them, so there will be 7 of us, which under the current rules isn't allowed. If we can't go we'll just have the day at home with the 4 of us.

We normally have my parents and a good friend of ours over so will hopefully just doing that again. We would usually go to the pub for a drink around midday but can't see that happening this year. Our Boxing day is usually dh to football and me and dd to shops but not likely either.

My husband comes home on the 19th of December and he will be flying out of the worst area in our darn country for covid-19 (like 1000 new cases a day at times) #-oso we have no idea what we will even be able to do during the holidays. Right now, he is classed as an essential worker so he doesn't have to self isolate upon returning home, but that could easily change before he gets back. He may not even get to come back if things get real bad there or here. When he is there for training he isn't allowed to leave the base he is on, so he is relatively safe there, BUT he has to go through the airport which is horrible.

Sorry for the story there :haha:

if he is able to be home and we can have company it would be my parents and aunt and uncle. My brother is quite important to our local hospital so he works A LOT and long hours, so we will see what he has for shifts. Him and his wife may pop out.

My son may be here this Christmas. He likes to spend it with his dad but they haven't been on the best of terms lately so that's all uncertain.

All in all, we have no sweet clue :haha: like the entire year of 2020 so far :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->