what are your thoughts on cord blood?

Pretty Pistol

Reaction score
I'm researching possibly doing this but the one thing I do not like is even after you pay to store your own child's cord blood you still have to pay 28,000 to use it if you need it..so your paying to store it.. its your blood... but you have to pay to use it...seems rather stupid to me..

I still have to do more research but at this is where my thoughts are so far. My biggest concern at this point is that it is important to me that the cord not be clamped immediately so that blood from the cord can flow to my baby. I haven't done enough research yet to know how it works.

If I have to clamp the cord right away in order to collect then I will not do it and if I do not have to clamp right away then I'll likely go ahead with it (after more research).

I'm choosing not to. We talked a little about it, and just didn't feel it was necessary. I just hope I don't get proven wrong one day!!! I leave it up to God!!

im going to donate it. i know that people can use it to help with leukemia so im going to find someone with a child that needs it and donate it to them. i think canada has a program like that

I am also thinking about donating it. Cause from what I read, if the baby comes with some problem, then probably the cord blood will not be suitable to be used. And if the baby is healthy, then he/she will not need to use it at all. Seems that it makes more sense to store it if you have more than 1 child, cause it may be used by the sibling.

As this will be my first one (and I am unsure if I will have more in the future) I think it would be better to donate it, so that other needed people can take advantage of it, rather than storing it and wasting it.

Also storing it is quite expensive.

im not storing it im o- so im gonna look for someone (a child) that is also o- who needs it

I think the Red Cross accept cord blood donation.... I guess they test it and store it for people in need. The problem is that they may not have pick up service in the hospital I would like to deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->