What brand dog food do you use?

Leafy

Reaction score
Just wondering what brand of dog food you feed your dogs and any brands you had to change for any reason? xxx

I use Fish4 dogs and although not cheap I am happy to pay this for quality food.

Before this I used Burns as the breeder we got our dog from used it too and this is another good quality food.

I also replace a few meals a week with raw bones, mainly chicken.

I have investigated the content of some cheaper brands and its not good reading.

Symply or First class..

theyve got the highest amount of meat in.. unless your dogs on the BARF diet obviously. x

Twix has Asda's bag of biscuits and a mix of Butchers, Webbox and Chunky tins.

Wagg biscuits, no wet food as it's always given her the runs lol x

Bakers puppy but were starting him on bakers small dog or bakers 2in1 gravy depending on what asda has in at the time

We don't give him wet food cuz it doesn't agree with his belly :thumbup:

I know a lot of dogs who don't have wet food and if their food is complete they don't need wet food.

We feed our Zero on Autarky complete dry, but do add a little butchers natural nutrition wet food for added tastyness.

We can't feed her pedigree of any kind because it makes her hyper.

We used Bakers but weight gain was a problem even with exercise and then read this can be common with this food, so we changed him to Harringtons which gave him itchy skin :S :S we've done some research and o/h has ordered 'Orijen' dog food - he had to order it online as no pet shops near us stock it, it's expensive but has apparently won 'pet food of the year' awards many times. Has anyone tried it??? xxx

Also, has anyone tried a raw diet? There seems to be good and bad reviews of raw feeding but I don't know much about it! x

Hill's Science Plan.

I wouldnt touch the cheaper food for my dogs- full of colouring's!

We use Science Diet for our dachshund.

Pedigree pouches for our puppy as thats what he was first put on and has gone through the ages and stages ever since! He loves them not to expensive either and can get them in bulk also some vitmain thing food from the vets forgot what that is called!

We use James Wellbeloved kibble for Holly. She has it dry but drinks loads of water!!!

When she was at dog training the trainer asked if she was on Royal Canine as apparently that has a tendency to make dogs hyper.

Are you allowed to give them bones? I"m sure i was told that you are not allowed to anymore. Also i you can give them bones what bones can they have (i.e. i have a joint of lamb in the slow cooker so can she have some of that and what size do the bones have to be?)

No, they're not supposed to have bones at all due to splintering, keeping an eye on my dog at the min as he got into rib bones and ate them without us knowing, until we found the bag we put them in! Silly us.....fingers crossed he has no problems!

Arden Grange - the lamb one. My 3 dogs do well on it and my shepherd is intolerant to chicken.

No, they're not supposed to have bones at all due to splintering, keeping an eye on my dog at the min as he got into rib bones and ate them without us knowing, until we found the bag we put them in! Silly us.....fingers crossed he has no problems!

Raw bones are fine whilst supervised. They're part of the raw and barf diets. Cooked bones should never be given. I tend to only give lamb bones.

Royal Canin or Bakers Complete dry food.

Asda dry dog food, she does great on it. She cant havr wet coz it upsets her tummy.

the cheapest complete biscuints and those chubb sausages.

weve fed more expensive foods but it doesnt seem to like them :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->