What brand dog food do you use?

Asda Hero biscuits along with weebox/chubb rolls. He loves it!

When I was preparing to bring home my siberian husky puppy, I did a ton of research on dog foods, from what I've read I ended up choosing between Taste of the Wild and Orijen. Both are grainfree which was important to me as grains are not a natural part of a canine diet. Taste of the Wild is a good food, a little less expensive, but my pup seemed to need to eat more of it to get her nutrients, where as Orijen seemed to sustain her at a healthy weight and energy level with less food in each serving. We used Orijen for the first year and tried Taste of the Wild again recently as she was no longer eating puppy food and we thought we'd give it one more try as she liked the food when she was younger. We noticed after about 2-3 months she began begging for food more and losing weight slowly, so we fed her more... It seems Orijen saves us money in the long run as she stays at a healthy weight, doesnt beg for food while being fed two servings of 1 cup, but with Taste of the Wild she eats two servings of 2 cups and struggles to keep on weight.. :shrug: Orjien is just a wonderful food and although its expensive and hard to find, imo its just one step down from raw feeding.

Can you tell me where you buy your Orijen?

When I was preparing to bring home my siberian husky puppy, I did a ton of research on dog foods, from what I've read I ended up choosing between Taste of the Wild and Orijen. Both are grainfree which was important to me as grains are not a natural part of a canine diet. Taste of the Wild is a good food, a little less expensive, but my pup seemed to need to eat more of it to get her nutrients, where as Orijen seemed to sustain her at a healthy weight and energy level with less food in each serving. We used Orijen for the first year and tried Taste of the Wild again recently as she was no longer eating puppy food and we thought we'd give it one more try as she liked the food when she was younger. We noticed after about 2-3 months she began begging for food more and losing weight slowly, so we fed her more... It seems Orijen saves us money in the long run as she stays at a healthy weight, doesnt beg for food while being fed two servings of 1 cup, but with Taste of the Wild she eats two servings of 2 cups and struggles to keep on weight.. :shrug: Orjien is just a wonderful food and although its expensive and hard to find, imo its just one step down from raw feeding.

I used to buy it at a tack and feed specialty store in my old town, and now I buy it at a different specialty store in Portland called petutopia. If you have any small, specialty or local pet stores near you, you can ask if they would be able to order it for you. Also the Orijen website can tell you if there are any distributors near you.

In the UK you can buy it online from zooplus. You get 10% off your first order and free shipping over £19. I've used thm a couple of times and they have always delivered promptly.

I'm another raw diet feeder.
I switched over 4 years ago and wouldn't ever go back. I get it delivered approx every 6 weeks and it costs £26 and that's for a 38kg boxer.
Apart from the health and financial benefits, it also cured the notorious boxer farts :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->