what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

Deliveries are spontaneous unfortunately. The only way we know specific things are on one is if it has been manually ordered or head office/warehouse have released certain lines which are due to be on paid for promotions - a list gets printed when the delivery is accepted on the system. Your local stores will be able to check the distribution center stock and order it in if available. They come in cases of 2 and there shouldn't be much of an issue selling the 2nd one :) But staff aren't lying when they say "we don't know what's on the delivery until it's out" lol. They may even be able to check other stores in their area and pick it up/drop it off to your main store if they're nice enough!

Spoke to my local store and apparently they cannot order things in for certain customers ! So annoying ! I rang all my big local stores 2 days ago and non had them . Now wondering if that’s all they will get because the house has been discontinued in The Entertainer etc.

So annoyed with myself for not buying it when she said !

Ds bought some Rudolph stickers and Christmas craft bits from the works, 3 small nutcracker baubles at tkmax and a tiny (2 inch tall) Christmas tree to hide in the living room because I've told him he can't have the actual one up yet!

I've been thinking about stockings, last year I struggled to get matching and just got ds5 a first christmas one for the time being but this year I want to either get him one that matches the other boys, or get them all one each that matches. I struggled to find 4 that were matching but not exactly the same, so 5 is even harder.
@Bevziibubble I'm jealous, we have a few bags of heroes and other chocolates and some match makers but nothing properly christmassy yet :(

I've been thinking about stockings, last year I struggled to get matching and just got ds5 a first christmas one for the time being but this year I want to either get him one that matches the other boys, or get them all one each that matches. I struggled to find 4 that were matching but not exactly the same, so 5 is even harder.
@Bevziibubble I'm jealous, we have a few bags of heroes and other chocolates and some match makers but nothing properly christmassy yet :(

Aww hopefully you will get some more Christmas things in soon. Some of our customers are complaining it's too early, lol

Haha we've had people asking we have any yet as they think we'll have another lockdown! I bet when we get them there'll be people moaning though. Just can't please everyone

I dont see how they can justify another one after pushing for everyone to get jabbed and relaxing the rules on isolation on contact. The vaccine is supposed to stop us getting so ill we need to be hospitalised, the lockdown was because the NHS was overwhelmed, which *shouldn't* happen *if* the vaccine is doing its job, so by that logic we *shouldn't* need another lockdown. Of course the actual success of it all remains to be seen, and with flu season nearly upon us again its going to be a pain for schools and work places anyway. I do think that covid 19 is something that is here to stay now, at least for the foreseeable future, so they can't feasibly keep throwing us back in to lockdown, the financial hit on the country alone would be too much, we've just got to learn to manage it. It's definitely worrying though as there are so many unknowns and variables that its not a complete impossibility that they will choose to do it. Fingers crossed though, I've not seen my mum for almost a year, and we have a trip at Christmas time planned to Winter wonderland in London so fingers crossed all that stuff can go ahead

I dont see how they can justify another one after pushing for everyone to get jabbed and relaxing the rules on isolation on contact. The vaccine is supposed to stop us getting so ill we need to be hospitalised, the lockdown was because the NHS was overwhelmed, which *shouldn't* happen *if* the vaccine is doing its job, so by that logic we *shouldn't* need another lockdown. Of course the actual success of it all remains to be seen, and with flu season nearly upon us again its going to be a pain for schools and work places anyway. I do think that covid 19 is something that is here to stay now, at least for the foreseeable future, so they can't feasibly keep throwing us back in to lockdown, the financial hit on the country alone would be too much, we've just got to learn to manage it. It's definitely worrying though as there are so many unknowns and variables that its not a complete impossibility that they will choose to do it. Fingers crossed though, I've not seen my mum for almost a year, and we have a trip at Christmas time planned to Winter wonderland in London so fingers crossed all that stuff can go ahead

I agree with you 110% ! I was one of the most terrified last year too and now I think we need to accept it and find a way to life our lives otherwise we are not living if we are locked down away from loved ones ! . Don’t get me wrong I still wouldn’t want to get it but I’ve been fully exposed to it since DD1 tested positive a year ago , but it’s like you said there too many unknowns etc !

I will keep my fingers crossed for your trip with your mum ! x

:-( I don’t think I could handle another lockdown.

I was planning on doing birthday shopping for my son this week but I’ve been feeling so sick the last day or so everytime I move I feel like I’m going to puke :-(

I was planning on doing birthday shopping for my son this week but I’ve been feeling so sick the last day or so everytime I move I feel like I’m going to puke :-(

Aww no, I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I agree with you 110% ! I was one of the most terrified last year too and now I think we need to accept it and find a way to life our lives otherwise we are not living if we are locked down away from loved ones ! . Don’t get me wrong I still wouldn’t want to get it but I’ve been fully exposed to it since DD1 tested positive a year ago , but it’s like you said there too many unknowns etc !

I will keep my fingers crossed for your trip with your mum ! x

We were super cautious with a husband with a heart condition, a son with a big question mark over his heart health, and a new born baby, and I'm happy to continue sanitising and wearing a mask where its crowded and being extra cautious, but to lock down again seems like a waste of the last 18 months, even though I did love having everyone home hahaha

From what I saw on TV this morning there's talk of going the other way and just abandoning all covid rules so who even knows what they'll do. I hope you feel better soon and manage to get a shopping trip in at some point

We were super cautious with a husband with a heart condition, a son with a big question mark over his heart health, and a new born baby, and I'm happy to continue sanitising and wearing a mask where its crowded and being extra cautious, but to lock down again seems like a waste of the last 18 months, even though I did love having everyone home hahaha

From what I saw on TV this morning there's talk of going the other way and just abandoning all covid rules so who even knows what they'll do. I hope you feel better soon and manage to get a shopping trip in at some point

Wow yes I would for sure still be cautions with your loved ones at home ! Thankfully we have no health conditions in our house but I do worry about DD2s chest from past issues ! We have MIL and FIL both back at work now having previously been told to shield . It’s so scary at times and I still wear a mask in certain places too ! We each do what’s best for us .

Oh dear I hope this passes soon for you ! Have you tried those wrist bands ? I had them
With DD2 and they actually worked ! . Xx

Oh dear I hope this passes soon for you ! Have you tried those wrist bands ? I had them
With DD2 and they actually worked ! . Xx
No I haven’t tried them, I’ve been feeling a little lightheaded although that feeling has passed slightly, seem to feel a little better when lying down so I’ve been on the sofa most the day with the kids being in school. Il give the bands a try x

No I haven’t tried them, I’ve been feeling a little lightheaded although that feeling has passed slightly, seem to feel a little better when lying down so I’ve been on the sofa most the day with the kids being in school. Il give the bands a try x
Least your resting up even if you have a million and one things to do. The are called Sea Bands - Amazon usually have them not dear at all which is a bonus . Xx

We had the bands for ds2 who used to get travel sick and I pinched them a couple of times when my sickness was bad with ds5 and they did help
Babybump87 you're so right, we just have to do what works for each of us to protect ourselves and our families. I hope that one day all this stuff will be a distant memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->