what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

Good luck for the house move. It's still Christmas here for a few more days.

Same here! Still so so cosy and I am loath to get back to normal :( January is such a gloomy month.

Good luck with the house hunt.

Still Christmas here, making the most of every minute - and being Scotland we've got 2 public holidays tomorrow and Tuesday, so absolutely no need to think about work until Wednesday.

I'm dreading packing it all away. Always looks so bare and boring.

It's always horrible having to put it away and the room does look bare and like it is missing something!

Yep. My living room definitely feels like something is missing. Always a shame when it's all packed away.

I haven't packed anything away yet. We still have our Christmas with dh's mom coming up this weekend. Today I watched The Santa Claus. I'm not ready to end Christmas yet!

A de-christmassy thing I did today is to remove all the deco around the house and take down the tree. It looks so bare now :cry:

I've reminded everyone to say goodbye to the trees and decorations before the lights are turned off for the last time tonight:( and bought a new box for the baubles - there were a few broken ones when I opened the box from last year, I'm hoping this one will protect them better.
Tomorrow I'll take the trees down and some of the lights (if its dry I'll do the outside ones first)

It's so depressing when it's all over. I hate January and February. :(

Yeah they are bleak months :(. But at least in February there will be some signs of Spring to look forward to. I bought a tiny pot of budding Muscari today to cheer me up. The ones in my garden are still only just peeping out of the ground. But actually, the quince bush next to our door is covered in tiny buds already. You have to look hard for tiny secret signs if Spring to come, but they are there and they are immensly cheering! :D

I noticed buds on my little fig tree today, I think the super mild weather last week has got it confused, sadly for it the cold is on its way, it may regret its early start!

I have stalled with taking down my decorations, it was raining most of the day so I just unplugged the outside lights and have left them in place till its dry. All of my boxes are still up the loft and I didn't have anyone to help me get them down, so I've piles of things lying around that I'm stepping over - this sounds a bit grumpy, I'm not really bothered, I'll get it done tomorrow[-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->