what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

Feeling very festive tonight, but not going to crazy and getting the tree out :xmas13:

Cooking dinner listening to christmas songs..my youngest loves all the old songs. Her fave is Wham and Band Aid...so had those quite a few times.

You know what they say, the old ones are the best :haha:

I'm feeling it more now too. It felt like Christmas was ages away rather than just 30 odd days, but today I finished DS2s shopping (other than chocolate for stocking and Xmas eve box) and had the festive mcdonalds meal, and feel like it's almost Christmas and I'm ready to start wrapping and decorating. Tree will probably be next week or week after, wrapping will hopefully start the week after next either way. Dh said he's going to get the younger 3 out to his mums for the day one day so I can have a big wrapping session then hopefully will just have a few odds and ends to do.

We went to Aldi today and grabbed some of they’re Christmas goodies before they all go.
Got some of the chocolate Santa’s and teddy bears to put into the kids stockings, and got some Stollen, Pfeffernüsse, and some of the iced windmill cookies to put away.

Ooh I looove Pfeffernüsse! Such a childhod memory! To me that is the taste of xmas! <3 I neeeeed to get some too when I get out of isolation!

Heard Merry Xmas Everybody playing at work and had a discussion with one of the guys about the fact that THAT song meant that it was now Christmas. He disagreed, apparently the fact its November means it can't be Christmas yet :roll::xmas13:
Also had some Christmas cupcakes

Looked at christmas decorations and bits in Tesco. Walked around the garden centre looking at decorations etc. Starting to feel very festive now x

Went hunting through the decorations aisles in all of the shops near me looking for inspiration for table decorations for a work event, came home with a load of battery fairy lights to add to wreaths I already have

Feeling very festive tonight, but not going to crazy and getting the tree out :xmas13:

Cooking dinner listening to christmas songs..my youngest loves all the old songs. Her fave is Wham and Band Aid...so had those quite a few times.
Oh the old songs are the best !!

I love Nate King Cole gets played every year when putting the tree up!

Oh yes! He had such a lovely smooth voice! I have a whole collection of these really old xmas songs with Bing Crosby and Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole that I put on when wrapping presents and putting the tree up. Nick isn't too into them but I don't care since it is me who does all the work lol

ETA but we DO agree on loving the Pogue's Fairytale of New York! <3

ETfurtherA In fact I am playing that right now! Love it!

I love the really old ones too, I'm a Rat Pack fan :haha: also Elvis. I like to mix it up between those and Elton or Slade.
Has anyone heard about Elton and Ed Sheran releasing a Christmas song together?

I love the really old ones too, I'm a Rat Pack fan :haha: also Elvis. I like to mix it up between those and Elton or Slade.
Has anyone heard about Elton and Ed Sheran releasing a Christmas song together?

Yes. Looking forward to that...I love Elton.

Been trying to sort works Christmas party out, absolute nightmare now we don't have the cash upfront to do it. Found a place, I went in last Wednesday (10th) to have a talk, they had a free slot for the 28th Nov. Told the area manager on the Thursday and he reckoned he was going to sort it the next day. I phoned the place up yesterday and he hasn't even booked it after a week, with 1 week to go! :grr: I'd pay myself but I'm scared that they'll reimburse me via my wages and I'll be taxed on the entire lot

Been trying to sort works Christmas party out, absolute nightmare now we don't have the cash upfront to do it. Found a place, I went in last Wednesday (10th) to have a talk, they had a free slot for the 28th Nov. Told the area manager on the Thursday and he reckoned he was going to sort it the next day. I phoned the place up yesterday and he hasn't even booked it after a week, with 1 week to go! :grr: I'd pay myself but I'm scared that they'll reimburse me via my wages and I'll be taxed on the entire lot
Oh Smartie that's so frustrating! I know what you mean about how the money comes back to you, a company I used to work for mucked up paying me back my petty cash years ago, they corrected it quickly but it still happened.
Are you in contact with the manager, will they take a bit of a nudge from you or will that cause problems?
Good luck

Oh gosh that is so frustrating and I think too much to ask of you to pay it out yourself, no matter how they pay you back! I hope it gets sorted soon.

I am wearing xmas socks! Mainly cause I have been too exhausted (or lazy :haha:) to fold the laundry. I am also going to dig out my Christmas leggings that I bought at Primark about 10 years ago! Considering how cheap they were they are really holding up well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->