what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

Leftovers with baked egg for breakfast, leftovers with halloumi followed by triffle for dinner, a few games of air hockey and mastermind and a couple of films, its been the perfect boxing day:xmas12:

We watched home alone 2 with cheese & crackers at the in laws. There’s usually lots of wine involved but today I’ve not touched a drop! Hoping to wake up feeling fresh early tomorrow morning and find a home for some of these new toys that have taken over the house :haha:

Had Christmas day #2 at my parents.
Fell asleep watching Beethovens 2nd.

Children took some more of their presents out the packaging , seriously the amount for a small toy is ridiculous !!

We are going to watch home alone with some snacks !

The amount of packaging on things is ridiculous isn't it!

Its madness isn't it. When all the toys are unpacked and put away it looks like there is hardly anything there at all. X

I've a car load of cardboard to go to the dump, I tried yesterday but there was a long queue of cars, we obviously weren't the only ones in cardboard packaging hell!!

I've got loads of cardboard too. The kids have been enjoying playing with it, but I'm struggling to get past it all every time I go in/out of the living room!

I’ve been right through ours and took all the tape Etc off before ripping it up and putting it in our recycle bin . It’s a good job we have 2 bins and collection is this week !
DD1 has a project for school so we have saved a few boxes for that .

As for something Christmassy today we made snowmen footprints .

I used mostly compostable wrapping paper and tape this year, but even with that my recycling bin is overflowing - and not due to be emptied until next Wednesday, I'll need to ask a neighbour if I can put some stuff in there's.
Christmassy things - I finished off the last of the triffle and chocolates, it won't do my waistline any good but I feel better not seeing them sitting there staring at me:xmas13: only the mince pies left (I bought extra because I intended having people over for my birthday but then we all had a cold and it didn't feel right to go ahead)

All our rubbish has gone thankfully. Finally got all the Christmas stuff away and sorted out their stuff.
X

A neighbour let me use there recycle bin, so much happier as the piles of rubbish have gone, my house looks reasonable, certainly the best it has in a few weeks, so ready for new year - I'm always hoping for 'start as you mean to go on' but unless I employ a cleaner next year I need to be realistic!!

Well ladies that was Christmas 2021 in our house . Managed to get all the decorations away today tad earlier than usual for us but DH goes back to work Monday so wanted it all away

House feels so bare and empty now but looking forward to the year now please be good to us!

Yes we're all packed away now too.
Hoping the next time I get it out the loft is to move house *fingers crossed*

Yes we're all packed away now too.
Hoping the next time I get it out the loft is to move house *fingers crossed*
Fingers crossed ! Best of luck with the house hunting ! How exciting ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member