what Christmassy Thing Have You Done Today?

Christmas food shop.
Aldi was pretty civilised but Asda was absolute carnage! Glad to have everything in and done (hopefully ha!)

Well done! We've got to do our Christmas food shopping still. Not looking forward to that

Exchanged gifts at work. So pleased its the last day, 2 out of 4 of us are isolating because their partners have tested positive, very happy I've no need to be back in now:xmas8:

Had my Christmas food shop delivered with 16 substitutes :haha: One of them being steak bakes instead of cocktail sausage rolls!

Oh no! The substitutes sometimes are silly!

hope your shop goes well!

I'm not overly disappointed - although there wasn't a lot of food for the money! Going to get the actual replacement bits from work tomorrow

Finished all my Xmas shopping ! So late this year seriously gave myself anxiety ! Never again .

1 collection tomorrow and DH is doing our food shop .

also wrapped some presents for family members

Wrapped most things that needed wrapping! Watched Christmas films with Christmas Yankee candles burning :)

Watched both Trolls holiday movies with the kids and went to see a house with it's lights synchronized to their own radio station.

I'm waiting on my delivery now, but the email says I have 6 substitutes and an unavailable. The unavailable was just a medicated cream and not Christmas related so that's fine. The substitutes would be ok, except anything in the same section has been replaced by the same thing, so salted nuts were replaced by a different salted nuts, but so were the other types of nuts I ordered. I don't need that many nuts. And all the antipasti bits were replaced with sun dried tomatoes. Again, I don't need that many especially as only half of us even eat tomatoes.
I'm in work tomorrow morning so will try to grab the bits asda couldn't send/substituted and if I can't it'll just be tough.

I wrapped the boys’ presents last night while watching Love Actually :). I still have to wrap their presents from my BFF and one from my mum. They ordered them and there was no wrappig option. I also still have to do Nick’s.

Well done on getting them done.

Dh and ds4 are making Gingerbread men. This morning we have been Colouring a Christmas table cloth.

Had my Christmas food shop delivered with 16 substitutes :haha: One of them being steak bakes instead of cocktail sausage rolls!
OMG, that's some substitution:xmas13:

I picked up the last bit of food - and another gift for my brother. That's me, if it's not in now it never will be. Still got the wrapping to do, will try to get the bulk down tonight when Ds goes to bed.

Last edited:
Got my car back today, phew! We are driving up to SIL’s tomorrow and if they hadn’t been able to repair it, it would have been too devastating for words! The price for repairs was not toooo dreadful either, so that was a relief.
All day I’ve had a banging headache and horrible dizzispells though. Did a test but that is negative, than golly.
I hope Ill feel a bit more festive when Ive done the hoovering…

I finished my wrapping

Angel I'm glad the car is back and wasn't toooo expensive. Hope you feel better soon.

I exchanged gifts with my BMF and wrapped the rest of the presents. I am ready now except that I cannot find one present for OH, the little handheld retro pacman game! I searched everywhere and nothing! :( I have other presents for him but not much and this little thing would at least have been something different to just another load of books. :cry:

Watched Love Actually and did half of the boys pre-Christmas bedroom tidy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->