What could it be? mucus plug or infection

barack

expecting baby number 1
Reaction score
am 35 weeks bt baby measuring 2 weeks ahead.. to put me on 37..
the past two days my discharge seems to have increased and also its yellowish thick like snot ( real thick mucus from the nose..):haha::haha: sorry to gross you out bt no better explanation. its not much but i have noticed it and just wondering am i loosing my mucus plug as early as 35 weeks? am not itchy and not smelly so wondering

Sounds like mucous plug to me. I've had an odd thick discharge which was thrush with no other symptoms. But if it's sticky jelly looking then that's probably you're plug.

Thing that made me realise the different was Google images of mucous plug - you'll know if you're similar then!

thank you for replying. let me google it and see. but surprising today dont have any on it but a nagging backache

I had the same thing and it stareted at about 35 weeks. I was told by OB that it was my mucus plug. Some women loose it slowly over the course of a week or two, where some women loose it in one huge lump. I would notice it every day or two then nothing for a few days then it would be back. I thought I was finally done loosing it because i had nothing for 4 days but then it happened again yesterday.

I had the same thing and it stareted at about 35 weeks. I was told by OB that it was my mucus plug. Some women loose it slowly over the course of a week or two, where some women loose it in one huge lump. I would notice it every day or two then nothing for a few days then it would be back. I thought I was finally done loosing it because i had nothing for 4 days but then it happened again yesterday.

wow... thanks for answering now you have really put my mind at ease.:hugs::hugs::hugs:
so will just relax

i've noticed that too yellowy n gooeyhad it yesterday but nothing today n had a few bh last night but not worried it can be a very long process :haha: x

I lost some today too. I have found it happens the day after sex I lose a bit, but we having done it in the last couple of days. I have been working long days. Had GTT today and feel alittle off. Tired and I think baby is snuggling into my bladder a lot today. Back pain but that's nothing to unusual. No contractions or BH that I have noticed. If it happens again tomorrow I will ring. To early for labour!

Ive been loosing mine gradually since 34 weeks or so.. still loosing bits of it every few days... my baby is measuring big too.. he is on the 95th percentile for everything they say bigger babies come closer to their dates xxx

It sounds like your mucous plug which is rather snot like and can be clear jelly like to yellowish . You also get more discharge in the weeks leading up to birth too. However the mucous plug does regenerate so unfortunately it doesn't mean labour is near, I lost mine with my third baby at 31 weeks then again at 38/39 weeks after membrane sweeps. I am now 40 weeks and booked in for an induction late next week. It's just your body preparing unfortunately - sorry to dishearten you!

It happened again called midwife she wasn't concerned. But I found out my GTT results and I have gestational diabetes. I'm devastated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->