What could you not live without....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Dona, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Dona

Dona Well-Known Member

....in your babies nursery?

I am getting ready for my little one to come home from hospital soon and I just want to make sure I have everything. But I can guarantee that there is something I have not thought about buying, being a first time Mum and that!

So this thread is for all you experienced Mum's or Mum's who are so well organised you would put me to shame!

Thanks!

2. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

I Loved our Rocker. Put us both to sleep many many nights.

3. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

Apart from obvious things like nappies, changing mat etc.... Fisher Price Rainforest bouncer! This one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Bouncer/dp/B000LXQV36
    Was absolutely godsent!!!! As in Sex and the City when Miranda had a baby - "you are not a bad mother, you just didn't have a chair!" :rofl: Fully agree!
    Actually I think any vibrating bouncer would do the trick!:hug:

4. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

Bouncer and a baby gym were my oldest fav things and she loved her play nest thingy xxxx

5. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

defo some sort of baby swing! Ethan (who is now 6) hated them vibrating chairs,but he loved his swing!!!

6. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

I forgot about our Jumparoo. My son LOVED that too. We bought a travel swing so it didnt take up as much room. it had lights, sounds, and pully toys on it perfect for little little ones.

7. Dona

Dona Well-Known Member

Which one? I was going to buy one xx

8. Dona

Dona Well-Known Member

Im getting a Jumparoo from my friend!

9. Dona

Dona Well-Known Member

One of those that you hang from a door??

10. Dona

Dona Well-Known Member

Got all of those! tick!

11. Dona

Dona Well-Known Member

Looks good!

12. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

A few low light lamps in different places.

Baby olbas oil for if they get snuffly noses on a little soft toy that I could sit next to the cot. Actually still got the toy and it's still the best way to use olbas oil when they get a cold!

A bin!

A few cushions on a chair to get comfy plus a throw for if I got chilly.

A change of bedding next to the cot all ready to go in case of night time accidents. (and a change of clothes)

And a few books to read if baby won't settle. Lay them in the cot and read a story. Worked most of the time with my two.

13. littlemansmum

littlemansmum Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x

For me while our son was in our room i couldn't live without my change box, had nappies wipes etc in and spare clothes and muslins saved me hunting at stupid oclock when he needed changing.
    In the nursery it was his pooh light projector he loved it SO much, and it settled him so well.
    We used our swing chair more in the front room than nursery and wouldn't have been without it, he wouldn't sleep in the bouncer but the swing had him off to sleep really quickly.
    You'll be fine chick, at the end of the day as long as he has you, clean nappies, milk and somewhere to sleep he'll be just fine, the rest is all nice to have but not essential. Good Luck on his homecoming xxx

14. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

Baby monitor.

:)

15. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

16. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

My list (my daughter is one month old; these are things we use everyday!):

A dim light or night light you can leave on overnight so you're not stumbling around in the darkness!!

Ocean Wonders Aquarium.. she LOVES it.. I change her diaper on a pad in the crib.. she is MESMORIZED by it.. it soothes her completely a lot of the time (she HATES diaper changes lol)..

Glider. Quieter than a rocking chair. They have ottomans, I have one.. I don't really use it though.. it's a personal preference thing, I know some people really like them.

17. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Oh, and a baby sling or some sort of baby carrier. Elyse loves to be in physical contact with me (or anyone really at this age). She's generally settled but she's a sucky baby and likes to be held, and this is good for when I want my hands free.

The bouncy chair really is good with newborns though as they can't sit up on their own and don't have strong neck muscles, they can just sort of recline on this.. it allows them to look around etc :)

18. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

no,one like this...

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/swing2.jpg

19. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

grobag sleeping bags my baby used to kick the covers off and wake up crying because he was cold so now i use the grobags they come with a thermometer which tells you what clothing and what tog bag they should be using at which temperature brilliant and you dont have to work out how many blankets/sheets should be on them

20. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

We have sleep sacks but I have never heard of them with thermometers in them. That would be nice.