What counts as NTNP? Bit confused...

Aurora CHK

Praying for my rainbow
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm not sure if this is the right forum board for me and don't want to say any of the wrong things in the wrong place, if that makes sense!

I might be supposed to be in the Waiting to Try board, but as my hubby and I aren't always very safe, and I'm broody, it means that I kinda still hope that I might fall pregnant and get a bit excited each month, which I think most people in the WTT board aren't experiencing.

Basically, I've got the baby fever but my DH hasn't yet, so technically we are waiting at least until next September. However, he hates condoms, I hate hormones, so we don't use any birth control other than the 'withdrawal before ejaculation' method (sorry if that's TMI, I'm not sure what the more euphemistic phrase might be!) - recognising that it's not 100% safe as a contraceptive method, but that if I were to fall pregnant it wouldn't be that bad (for me it would be awesome, apart from I'd love for him to be able to be as happy and prepared for it as me).

Anyway, I'll stop rambling :dohh: and hopefully somebody can let me know if this means that I am Not Trying Not Preventing, or whether using the withdrawal method still counts as Preventing, and so I should be back in WTT!

Love to all and thanks in advance
Aurora xxxx

I was literally just about to post a thread about the same thing!

My OH isn't ready but I am, and we're not using any sort of contraception - so I have no idea if that's classed as WTT or NTNP! Obviously, if I fell pregnant then it would be a really happy accident but we're not officially TTC!

Same here, i was just going to ask the same thing.
We were ntnp but after a discussion earlier in the week we sort of decided to wait.
However, I've been trying to monitor my ovulation period and looks like i'm ovulating now. If we dtd knowing i was ovulating that is really ttc in my book but if we avoid it then i guess we are wtt :shrug:

I interpreted NTNP as having unprotected sex knowing that you could get pregnant and would be happy about it if it happened, but that you're not bothering to work out when you are ovulating etc. More of a 'would like a baby, but just seeing what happens and if it happens, great' kind of thing.

Thanks ladies.

So for Smile and me its technically more like 'I'm Trying, OH is Preventing' ha ha.

Are you happy to 'sort of decide to wait', as you put it, Busy Year, or is that also more your other half being the reluctant one?

In some ways I agree with my man that it would be good to wait in terms of career and savings, but I just can't stop thinking about babies, especially since my (younger) sister is now expecting her second. I'm hoping that exposure to her LOs makes my DH more broody, but it might have the opposite effect!

Thanks Mrs Morris. I guess that would make me more WTT then, as my man definitely prefers us not to conceive just yet and withdraws on my fertile days...

Haha I like that, I may change my little tagline :haha:

We don't even track my fertile days etc so we wouldn't know if we were dtd on one of them! So OH isn't really 'preventing' - just hoping :dohh:

Logically I know it's a good idea to wait a bit but having to tell my heart that every 5 minutes is so frustrating!

I think you'd classify as NTNP - because it's true, you're not actively trying, but you're not exactly doing everything you can to prevent. Plenty of people have gotten pregnant on the withdrawal method!
But that may just be my selfish side, wishing there were more people to chat with in here! :p Anyway, I wish you luck with whatever you decide!
:flower:

Well I think I'll keep my feet dipped in WTT and NTNP then :) You can have me to chat to :haha: xx

I'd say you're ntnp. I thought we were wtt but after a little chat with my oh and thinking about everything it seems we are more ntnp than anything, there's a fine line really. We'd both love a little one but now isn't the 'perfect' time for it (when is the perfect time though?), how ever it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and we would definitely be able to manage and provide if I did fall pg, we're not making a conscious effort to prevent, nor am I tracking my cycles. So that to me is ntnp which basically means: what ever happens, happens. Good luck with your journey. It can get a bit confusing at times can't it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->