What did you buy today?

Oh also, my due date is not accurate as I will be being induced 3 weeks early so he is really coming the second week in October xx

Bought baby some newborn diapers, they're very scarce here (live on an island) and they can go months without and then have them again in stock for a short while. I was a small baby, my ds too, so just in case I got the only (1) pack I saw at a supermarket lol.

We will also be doing cloth, but don't know if baby will fit in those the first few weeks :) So excited! We're purchasing things every month as we go. Still need to get a swing, breastpump, playmat and some other essentials like shells (I have inverted nipples) and sterilizer (had to throw out our old one :-( ).

I haven't bought anything today but so far I have bought a packet of white babygrows, white vests, 4 cream blankets, 2 huge cream bath towels, 2 bears, an all in one coat, a pink outfit and a blue outfit (don't find out until 6th August) and nappies and wipes. Oh and my biggest buy is a cot which I got on sale at Babies 'R' Us. I'm not due until late January but as I have 6 children and lots of birthdays then Christmas before then I thought I would try and get what I can when I can!

I think today is my expensive day and I am buying a crib. MIL was going to but that changed.

I'm strange and I'm specifically looking for a gray one.

Not strange! I will be buying a grey one or painting one grey and I see grey cribs a lot on Pinterest etc. I love it!

So not today but yesterday I bought baby boy a pack of 3 cute onsies with elephants on from next. It's actually ridiculous how long I spent trying to decide if I should get first size or up to 3 months! I shouldn't have got them really as I have bought so much 2nd hand stuff but they were so cute! I also bought some new nipple shields (have flat nipple s, would love to think I won't need them this time but thought I should get some in case).
Got lots of stuff from my dd but need to get a new cot mattress and car seat. Nappies, new muslins etc Trying to spread the cost over the next couple months. Its amazing how you forget how much you will need. ..how many vests do I need in newborn etc!?

Hurrah I finally bought something, a new crib because I can't find our one from last time and this one was in a sale!
We have to re do the upstairs cupboard and the spare room before anything else now!

Bought baby some newborn diapers, they're very scarce here (live on an island) and they can go months without and then have them again in stock for a short while. I was a small baby, my ds too, so just in case I got the only (1) pack I saw at a supermarket lol.

We will also be doing cloth, but don't know if baby will fit in those the first few weeks :) So excited! We're purchasing things every month as we go. Still need to get a swing, breastpump, playmat and some other essentials like shells (I have inverted nipples) and sterilizer (had to throw out our old one :-( ).

How comes? That's strange xxx

I got conformation of the delivery dates for some of the things I ordered but I am getting impatient already xx lol!

Not today but yesterday I bought a bath thermometer lol, wasn't going to bother but it was only $4
Oh and also I got some more maternity underwear as my normal ones are digging in! haha

Not today but yesterday I bought a bath thermometer lol, wasn't going to bother but it was only $4
Oh and also I got some more maternity underwear as my normal ones are digging in! haha

Oh not nice, mine are drooping off, just as attractive lol! :haha:

I think you're asking about the sterilizer or the diapers? I live on an island where they do not stock things well, they have to import everything from other countries. And often times items are in stock and then weeks/months can go by before they refill their stock. It is quite annoying. There are also certain items that I have to buy online because they do not have them here i.e. electric breast pumps. The ONLY one they sometimes have in stock in just 1 store, is the avent one.

Regarding the sterilizer, I once found mold in it, I think I didn't let it properly dry before storing it. So I threw it away :cry:, thankfully DS was older at the time around 9-11 months, so didn't need it anymore.

I really love threads like this, I know I am nosey :winkwink:

Today I bought ;

Perfect prep
angel care monitor
Tommie tippii steriliser set
70% of the stuff for my hospital bag ( mat pants, pads and boob pads and birthing gown)
Nappy bag
bottles for my boob pump.
Crib matrass
<3 it feels like Christmas!!!

Ooh I've been told to get an angel monitor but haven't looked into it yet! What do you recommend? My partner said to get the most expensive as that's probably the best one but it doesn't always work like that does it!

I really love threads like this, I know I am nosey :winkwink:

Today I bought ;

Perfect prep
angel care monitor
Tommie tippii steriliser set
70% of the stuff for my hospital bag ( mat pants, pads and boob pads and birthing gown)
Nappy bag
bottles for my boob pump.
Crib matrass
<3 it feels like Christmas!!!

Ooh I've been told to get an angel monitor but haven't looked into it yet! What do you recommend? My partner said to get the most expensive as that's probably the best one but it doesn't always work like that does it!

I highly recommend the angel care one, with ds 2 had the tommy tippie movement sencor one and it just went off the whole time, I found it cheep ( it really bloody wasn't either) and a bit crappy, but the angel care one with ds3 was perfect, really got on well and it didn't pick up other noises and radio frequencies like the tommy tippie. Most expensive really doesn't equal best, honestly it doesn't!

I think you're asking about the sterilizer or the diapers? I live on an island where they do not stock things well, they have to import everything from other countries. And often times items are in stock and then weeks/months can go by before they refill their stock. It is quite annoying. There are also certain items that I have to buy online because they do not have them here i.e. electric breast pumps. The ONLY one they sometimes have in stock in just 1 store, is the avent one.

Regarding the sterilizer, I once found mold in it, I think I didn't let it properly dry before storing it. So I threw it away :cry:, thankfully DS was older at the time around 9-11 months, so didn't need it anymore.

That sounds so annoying xxx seems like there is a real gap in the market over there x :growlmad:

So before DH and I even started trying, this cute little shop with all sorts of handmade children's tutus and headbands and hair bows and such opened up near my house, and I would walk by it all the time. The tutus particularly caught my eye, and I would daydream about being able to buy one for my little girl someday. There was one blue tutu in particular that caught my eye.

Fast forward about a year to when we started trying. I would still walk by this store and daydream, only now, as each month without a bfp went by, I would get sadder and sadder every time I saw that little blue tutu. I started to wonder if I would ever get to go in there.

Six months later, we got our bfp! I would walk past the store with renewed hope. That is, until I started feeling that the baby is a boy. Every time I would walk by the store, I would be added and sadder as I was more and more convinced that the baby was a boy. I would love a little boy to the end of the earth and back, but I was still sad at the possibility of not being able to snag that blue tutu I had my eye on for so long.

Finally, five months later, we were given the news that it's a girl! And you know what? Yesterday I went and bought that little blue tutu.

We came home with a crib! Not the one we were aiming for, as we wanted gray. But this one was a $500 beauty on clearance for $200. We couldn't say no!

Yesterday I purchased some Econobum cloth nappies and a Lillebaby carrier

But so far I have purchased cloth nappies, teddies, girl clothes, I have some newborn disposables for the first day or so, some sensitive newborn baby wipes!

I have a list of stuff I still need to get and sort out (love lists :haha:) most things we still have from DS (we got all big items neutral) but need to order our new double buggy :thumbup: also bidding on a new baby change bag Babymule as should be big enough for 2 and cloth nappies :thumbup:

I am getting a little stressed as we need to order new bedroom furniture for DS but DH is dragging his feet and I want to move his clothes out of the nursery and into his bedroom!! :dohh: feeling like I am running out of time :wacko:

YEAY!!!!! Big boxes arrived today xx mattress, monitor, perfect prep, bouncer and steriliser xxxx exciting if anything! :happydance::happydance:

Ooops a little bored at work today so just purchased a pink blanket, another cloth nappy bin and a car seat toy :wacko: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->