What did you buy today?

Two days ago, I ordered the double stroller.
Yesterday, I bought 4 newborn outfits (don't know the sex but I have a very strong instinct)
Today, if all goes well, I'll be buying the car seat. I was going to wait a bit longer, but I found out the colour I want has been discontinued by the manufacturer, and there is only one left in all of Canada, and it's on the other side of the country, lol.

I called the store, and they're going to call their Ontario warehouse to see what they can do about getting it to me, and if they can't, I have a friend who lives near the store who said she'll pick it up and ship it to me if I pay for the seat and shipping in advance.

I am hellbent and determined to get this seat.

I'm off to the craft store today. Now that she has a name, I'm going to start a Pinterest project and make a large sequined initial. Keeps me busy. ;)

Yesterday i started baby shopping i bought a play gym, vibrating musical bouncer, two baby hats, bibs, baby grows (vests), 4 sleepsuits (onsies) and two little baby blankets which i actually was able to find in a very pale yellow which was a lovely change from white or grey!

Technically didn't buy anything but yesterday we registered at Buy Buy Baby, not only is it an amazing store, they have an amazing staff and one heck of a "goodie bag" :)

Just found out I'm having a boy so I've gone blue shopping for the past two days and today I ordered my pram (doona) and bought a mattress for his cot x

I bought the car seat yesterday!!!

I found out that the colour I wanted (Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 4/35 in Mentha) is discontinued by the manufacturer. I was heartbroken when the store told me not to order it because I wouldn't get it. So I called another location who looked at all their stores to see if any had one left in stock, and ONE did...in Vancouver, British Columbia. I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario.

Anyway, I called the Vancouver store and they confirmed they had ONE in the colour I wanted. Turns out, the owner of that location happened to be there and he is from my city! So he told me he was going to call the Ontario warehouse and make arrangements to ship that last seat to me. The next afternoon, I got a call from the Ontario warehouse saying to go ahead and place the order, then call them back with the order number so they can go in and manually change the warehouse location. So I did just that. And it gets better...they're shipping it to me for FREE!!!

So I got the car seat my heart was set on, in the colour my heart was set on and I got the last one in existence in Canada.

Tomorrow morning, I'm buying a few gender neutral things, and I also bought two pink sleepers. Going to buy two blue ones as well and bring them all to the hospital when I have my c-section. I won't be finding out the sex.

Didn't buy anything, but did put the crib together.

Last night i brought a bugaboo bee plus off ebay lol it was very stressful

Why was is stressful :( ?

I am having a bit of a lul, everything except one item has arrived, I have washed his little blankets and clothes and put them away :( now I feel sad!

Well when ur bidding and at last minute ppl out bid you i was angry on a few accasions lol at one point i had to walk the dog to calm myself down ive never been like that over ebay ever think my hormones aintbhelping one bit but luckily i got one that i wanted abit more than i wanted to spend but ill get my moneys worth out if it all i need now is a buddy board for dd2 x

Haa!! I see, I completely forgot that you bid for items on eBay! I always click on the buy now thing on the side, didn't even cross my mind you would be bidding haa!

Lewood, I know the feeling. When I had my second child, I wanted the Avent Isis IQ Duo breast pump but it cost $500 in Canada. I found a bid on a brand new one on Ebay that shipped to Canada, and I literally sat there for the last hour stressing and outbidding everyone who dared to outbid me on that pump. The last 5 minutes were the worst, but it ended up worth it. I won, and paid 60% less, even after currency exchange, shipping, and taxes, than I would have to buy it in Canada.

Wow that is a lot of money for a boob pump, glad you nabbed yourself a bargain one x

My OH thinks im crazy when im on ebay for the last 10 mins i dont talk to him lol he did say to me after i won the pram that he was going to jump on my phone lmao

That pump was amazing. Got me 23oz in one sitting. Then they went and changed the design and lowered the price and it sucks. I don't mean milk, either. I was lucky to get 8-10oz in one sitting combined. Needless to say, I'm on the hunt for an existing IQ Duo that is brand new, or another new breast pump that compares to it.

I need a good breast pump ive had my eye on a few medelas tbf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"