What did you do differently? Tips for ttc

msprincess

Reaction score
Hi ladies and a huge congrats to all of you in the BFP section.

I was just wondering if you did anything differently the month you were successful or if you took any supplements, teas, etc?

Thanks in advance :flower:

I was having trouble conceiving with baby #3. It took me 6 months to conceive her. I had to resort to drinking a cup or two of red raspberry tea daily, taking baby aspirin once a day and folic acid throughout the TWW. Finally I was able to get pregnant. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply - that's great to know! Will look into the Red Raspberry Tea xxx

It took me and OH just over 18 months to conceive our 3rd. We have two older girls who are 5 and 3 and both of them were conceived within a couple of months of trying.

This time around we did OPK testing, Preseed, vitamins etc. You name it we did it. DTD was no longer fun, it turned into a chor.

In August this year we went on holiday to Tenerife. I forgot about the whole TTC situation. I didn't use OPK's, I didn't use pre-seed and I didn't lie with my legs in the air for hours on end haha. I don't even know when I ovulated!!

Here I am nearly 16 weeks. I couldn't believe it when I got home and got a BFP. I never thought it was going to happen.

Loads of people said to me stop stressing over it (easier said than done), but that's what worked for me! xx

Nope, didn't do anything differently intentionally. I've been pregnant 3 times (2 healthy pregnancies and 1 mc) and it's never taken us very long to get pregnant, usually within the first few months. But the specific month I did get pregnant every time, we were really relaxed, having fun and I drank like a fish. I always charted my cycles (temping 1st time and 2nd/3rd times opks) so sex was always well timed. But my two successful pregnancies especially we were on holiday (once just off work for a week and the other actually away on holiday) and I drank A LOT. We were relaxed. Definitely not doing anything special to be 'healthy' other than taking folic acid. I think I'm blessed and someone who probably just gets pregnant easily (even though I'm not young, 37 with this current pregnancy), but I am a firm believer that not being stressed and not changing up your normal routine is the way to do it (assuming your normal routine doesn't involve smoking crack or anything).

This month the only thing different was timing and preseed everything else was the same. I only use opks to check i do actually ovulate after coming of bc. Didnt temp or anything. We bd'd 5 days before or and the missed 1 day and then every day up until o day. Worked for us :)

Loving these replies ladies - thank you! :flower:

Guess I think the gist of it is to relax and not stress which is the complete opposite of me right now. Will definitely try to relax and enjoy the whole thing next cycle! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->