What Did You Do Over The Bank Holiday Weekend?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Such gorgeous weather over here in the UK for bank holiday weekend .. about time :lol:

What did you all get up to?

Saturday we chilled in the garden between pulling down the pagoda the last owners put up.

Sunday we went for a bike ride then a drink in the local pub garden and home for a BBQ.

Monday girls came back from Dads so we went to the park then walked to the beach and home for a BBQ.

Quite chilled really!

:D

I looooove a sunny bank holiday! :dance: I had a lot of work to do but managed to get out in the sun for some of it.
Saturday DH took the kids to a birthday party, park & DD1's gymnastics class while I worked.
Sunday we went to the cinema, out for lunch and then I took the bigger two swimming at our nearby open-air pool, so nice! Then we had a few friends over for a bbq.
Monday DH took the kids out for a walk and picnic with a couple of friends, I worked. Then we had a nice dinner & paddling play in the garden :)

Oh we went down to our local park with open pool and they haven't filled it yet, very disappointing!

We mostly just chilled around home for most of the weekend. The girls were happy playing in the garden with the pools out and a couple of friends round.

We had a BBQ. I did some gardening. We went to watch the tour de Yorkshire bike race come past.

Saturday we went back to Wales to see my family and friends, Sunday the oh had to work so I chilled out at home then Monday we went to hilbre island with friends stay on the island during high tide was lovely paying for it with sunburn though. Was so nice the beach was crowded but once we walked across there was only us and a couple of other people on the island so it was so lovely and quiet

Did you have to battle the A55 ... The roads were chaos weekend gone with bank holiday plus the Extravaganza on ... I kept my car at home :lol:

Did you have to battle the A55 ... The roads were chaos weekend gone with bank holiday plus the Extravaganza on ... I kept my car at home :lol:

No thankfully not I'm from Wrexham so it was just up towards Chester then completely skipped that road.

That's good. It's awful around here on holidays... add that event in and it's unbearable.

Yea llan had the Victorian festival thing didn't it. We just wanted to chill out I'm still trying to build myself back up had a really bad fibro flare worse one in a good few years so it's taken me back a few steps so we just did the see my lot had tea at mum's caravan then came home. I've got to venture up there though the end of the month my sister's wedding reception is at the holiday inn on the same rest stop as the ok diner so fingers crossed traffic isn't to bad to get there but I'm totally having breakfast at the ok diner before we head back to Liverpool.

Shouldn't be so bad then... I can tolerate it most times just not that weekend. I find visitors to the area don't know how to drive the right side of their road though :lol:

On Saturday we went to Gullivers World. We'd never been before and it was great. The kids loved all the rides.
On Sunday we went for a walk in the forest in the morning. In the afternoon the kids went to Holly's friend's party.
On Monday we went to Southport for the day. It was a wonderful day. We walked down the pier, went on a speed boat on the lake and went to the beach. It was such a lovely weekend with the gorgeous weather. :)

Whats the parking like in Southport on sunny days? It's a to do in the Summer x

We paid £5 to park on the beach which was nice and convenient. It depends on the rides though. It got very busy later on in the day though!

Ouch or was that for all day?

We'd defo head over early x

It was for all day so not too bad. Getting there early would definitely be best :)

We went away in our 30 year old caravan... It’s only a 2 berth, managed to squeeze 4 of us in there plus my bump. Beach days on the south coast and lots of traffic, but worth it and the kids had a great time!

I would love to be able to do that!

I would love to be able to do that!

We bought the caravan for £300 last summer, as a project. We’ve done nothing to it as of yet though, and use it almost weekly in the summer months! It’s pretty much falling apart, I don’t know how it stays together! But we all have a great time.

Whats the parking like in Southport on sunny days? It's a to do in the Summer x

We always cheat and park on the retail car park straight facing the beach :lol: we go regularly. Plus it’s got McDonald’s, kfc, matalan, £stretcher etc so always handy to grab some bits too lol!
If you wanna pay then I’d just park on the beach :)

On Saturday we went to Southport with friends, walked what felt like 5 miles down to the actual sea :lol: so Fin could go wave jumping.

On Sunday we were gonna go to ainsdale beach but the queue to get onto the beach was absolutely huge so we ended up back at Southport (just a bit further down where all of the rock pools are) and we did some crab catching, also took Finley’s off road RC car so he had a blast driving it through the Little Rock pools!

Monday we went to Heaton Park for a picnic. It was soooo busy! Good day, but definitely will avoid it next time it’s hot lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->